Kings pull offer to Iguodala (split)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HereWeVivek, I think YOU should have been the GM, not D'Allesandro. You have all the answers and all the opinions. Unfortunately most of them are wrong, DEAD WRONG.

HereWeVivek, I think YOU should have been the GM, not D'Allesandro. You have all the answers and all the opinions. Unfortunately most of them are wrong, DEAD WRONG.
thats the funny thing about opinions, they are opinions, which means they are niether right nor wrong. but im glad you think you know so much that you can decided who's opinions are right and wrong here. maybe YOU should be running the team.

I'm not the one whining on every forum on the Internet as well as Twitter. I'm trying to look at this as a positive and trust in the fact that we have a GM who actually knows what he's doing and isn't some little kid on the Internet, that's all. Just an observation.

the fact that we have a GM who actually knows what he's doing
and what evidence is there to support this so far?

im not giving up on the new staff at all. but really, he has no track record as a GM, this is his first gig. and so far, the Evans deal is his only move as an NBA GM (Can't count the McLemore draft because he fell in our laps). so its a little premature to judge him either way at this point.

and what evidence is there to support this so far?

im not giving up on the new staff at all. but really, he has no track record as a GM, this is his first gig. and so far, the Evans deal is his only move as an NBA GM (Can't count the McLemore draft because he fell in our laps). so its a little premature to judge him either way at this point.
You say that we should not trust PDA's GM acumen because he is too green and not yet proven and somehow you, master of the masters, think that your opinion is spot on and you know exactly what happened and what will happen. Please, be much less confident in your basketball analytical abilities.

You say that we should not trust PDA's GM acumen because he is too green and not yet proven and somehow you, master of the masters, think that your opinion is spot on and you know exactly what happened and what will happen. Please, be much less confident in your basketball analytical abilities.
wow please work on your reading interpretation, i have no idea how the hell you gathered that from what i wrote? i said my opinion is just an opinion, its not right OR wrong. and i just said its too early to judge Pete as a GM at this point. he's made ONE transaction.

i said my opinion is just an opinion, its not right OR wrong
Yet you are spewing your opinion ALL OVER THE INTERNET and ALL OVER TWITTER. It just makes you look clueless. You have NO IDEA what is going on, what has happened, what will be transacted, yet you state your opinion as if gospel everywhere!! Please, for the sake of everyone else having to read it? STOP. It's like you have typing diarrhea.

Hilarious. Look at Twitter. End of story. DRAMA QUEEN.

Tell ya what, I'll stop picking on you from this point forward, you don't have a clue and it's really unfair and cruel of me.

wow please work on your reading interpretation, i have no idea how the hell you gathered that from what i wrote? i said my opinion is just an opinion, its not right OR wrong. and i just said its too early to judge Pete as a GM at this point. he's made ONE transaction.
Oh, really?? You have been crying here for two days. PDA made us look unorganized and dumb. PDA traded our young star and got almost nothing. We are screwed. And bla-bla-bla. Do not act like your message is that you think it is a wrong move but it is only your opinion and you are just a fan and may be it is a good decision and we just need to wait and see, lets give our FO more time before we judge their actions.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You also, I recall, wasted time defending letting Gerald Wallace go. :p

Its certainly he biggest waste of a young talent since that misstep, and it has the same potential to haunt us for another decade.
Sorry, but I had no problem with exposing Gerald Wallace to the draft. I had serious questions about his work ethic and felt he didn't take his job seriously.

You also, I recall, wasted time defending letting Gerald Wallace go. :p

Its certainly he biggest waste of a young talent since that misstep, and it has the same potential to haunt us for another decade.
Do you really think Gearald Wallace haunted us for a decade?? He's had a decent nba career on some god awful teams... not exactly something that keeps me up at night as a Kings fan however.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Do you really think Gearald Wallace haunted us for a decade?? He's had a decent nba career on some god awful teams... not exactly something that keeps me up at night as a Kings fan however.
Yes I do. Its only in the last year that people finally stopped talking about it. He would have still, to this day, been the best SF on the Sacramento Kings for the last 5 years. That even includes last year. In several seasons he would have been in the running for best player on the team. Certainly best defender.

But nothing in comparison to what could happen with Reke. Letting Gerald go was a mistake that damaged our talent base for a long time. But he never had the potential to make us cry that Reke could.

Last edited:
Yes I do. Its only in the last year that people finally stopped talking about it. He would have still, to this day, been the best SF on the Sacramento Kings for the last 5 years. That even includes last year. In several seasons he would have been in the running for best player on the team. Certainly best defender.

But nothing in comparison to what could happen with Reke. Letting Gerald go was a mistake that damaged our talent base for a long time. But he never had the potential to make us cry that Reke could.
Meh. He's better for a team like the spurs

We would have complained about him helping us win games and screwing up our draft positioning, Or we'd find a way to complain about his mediocre jumper and inability to create for others

"Best defender" on the teams we've had the last 7 years? Doesn't really do much for me. It sucked to lose him, but would it have mattered either way, with the Maloofs running the show into the ground?

Actually I'm feeling now that it is time to move on and there is nothing to resuscitate. In the retracting offer release it mentions pulling the offer as well as ending the pursuit for him. The new regime is trying to establish honor here, and I would find it strange if they bent on principle for this

don't the warriors already have people at his position? Although that would explain why they are trying to clear space aside from the chance at Howard

man if he goes to the Warriors, pulling that offer might come back to haunt us
it'd be a great signing by the warriors. their downfall in the playoffs came at the hands of a team that understood how to take away stephen curry's impact on the game. curry doesn't have a strong rim attack to fall back on when he can't get to his spots on the floor, and jump shots are the easiest thing to take away from a team that doesn't put sufficient pressure on a defense in the paint. with an injured david lee unable to effectively contribute in the playoffs, the warriors couldn't score enough points at the rim to overcome the spurs when the jump shots stopped falling. andre iguodala will more than adequately shore up their need for a veteran with considerable slashing ability, while further bolstering a team defense that has improved mightily already, despite personnel that could hardly be described as defensively-oriented...

don't the warriors already have people at his position? Although that would explain why they are trying to clear space aside from the chance at Howard
they've got harrison barnes starting at SF, and he's just another shooter on a team with too many. as above, bringing in the veteran iguodala would give them a much-needed dimension, offensively, while also adding a consistent defensive presence, a guy who can lockdown an opponent's best wing player on any given night...

Sam Amick @sam_amick 1 minute ago

Regarding Andre Iguodala situation, he wants to play for Warriors & has already had deep talks to go there. Need space or S&T though.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2YCTiZGOR
I'd never fault someone or hold it against them if they would rather go to Warriors than Kings.

I don't believe it would be awkward come October if Iggy signed with the Kings. Neither side burned a bridge as far as I can see, and FA business is FA business.

I'd LOVE to have IGOUDALA #WOW #REALLY !!!

There it is....

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Andre Igoudala has reached agreement with Golden State on a four year, $48 million deal with the Warriors, league source tells Y! Sports.

WOW, considering he was interested in coming to Sac, and we offered 4M more than GS, you have to think he was going to accept our offer right?

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
PDA said he is looking for a SF that is a vet that can shoot it from deep for 1 or 2 years.. Dorell Wright here we come.

Not sure whats going on. but definatley not a splash. Prob still be under the minimum cap even Wright.

There it is....

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Andre Igoudala has reached agreement with Golden State on a four year, $48 million deal with the Warriors, league source tells Y! Sports.
Damn.... the Warriors have done a great job at rebuilding. Back when they first signed David Lee I thought for sure all they did was guarantee years of barely making the playoffs and first round exits...

Curry
Thompson
Iggy/Barnes
Lee
Bogut

Is a young and talented lineup. They don't look very deep bench wise but the warriors seem to find a way to make their role players play to the top of their abilities. I wonder if this makes Barnes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.