Kings playoff chances remote.

Yep, the main issue is going to be how we integrate Bagley into:

Fox || Cojo
Bogi || Buddy
Barnes || Bazemore
Bjelica || Barnes
Holmes || Giles || Len

I guess Bagley slides into the back-up 4 role, but one of the most effective LU's we had to close our great stretch run was putting Barnes at the 4, getting Baze in and going small. Difficult decision for sure.
i just pray Bagley has been working on his game and body

Pandemic or not, i need to see some growth from him ASAP

i just pray Bagley has been working on his game and body

Pandemic or not, i need to see some growth from him ASAP
This team with Bagley performing along the trajectory he was pre-injuries is a 50 win team. People forget how he absolutely dominated in his 25-30 minute stints. It was a foregone conclusion that he would be our #1, above Fox.

I hope it wasn't a fluke. I really don't think it was.

This team with Bagley performing along the trajectory he was pre-injuries is a 50 win team. People forget how he absolutely dominated in his 25-30 minute stints. It was a foregone conclusion that he would be our #1, above Fox.

I don't remember any of that, but admire the optimism.
If Bagley makes any contributions during this run, it will be a bonus

I can see him making a few 5 minute appearances when the team needs energy. Belly and Barnes tend to disappear every 4 or 5 games, so it's a nice option. Although you can make a case for Parker ahead of Bags at this point.

What I think is really being overlooked about the way everything was set up is that Memphis' schedule was supposed to be really hard in the last 17 games, if I recall correctly, with New Orleans and Sacramento having easy schedules to round out the season. I think 538 and ESPN even having New Orleans as having a higher chance of making the playoffs than Memphis.

I think someone mentioned they've jumped from like a 40% to 80% chance to make the playoffs. That's just insane. From less likely than yes to almost guaranteed. Obviously there would've been no way to make it fair given the circumstances, I think the goal should've been to keep probabilities as consistent with prior to the shutdown as possible.

I absolutely agree. His potential has definitely been shown in spots

I'll never forget that home win we had over the Spurs where beat them quite easily last year, and Bagley caught that alley-oop and spun mid air before slamming it through. He can be a monster very very soon if he keeps working at it. I just pray he stays healthy

What I think is really being overlooked about the way everything was set up is that Memphis' schedule was supposed to be really hard in the last 17 games, if I recall correctly, with New Orleans and Sacramento having easy schedules to round out the season. I think 538 and ESPN even having New Orleans as having a higher chance of making the playoffs than Memphis.

I think someone mentioned they've jumped from like a 40% to 80% chance to make the playoffs. That's just insane. From less likely than yes to almost guaranteed. Obviously there would've been no way to make it fair given the circumstances, I think the goal should've been to keep probabilities as consistent with prior to the shutdown as possible.
Zion Williamson is the reason they did this. Let's not kid ourselves here

It's a joke, really, but im hoping the Kings find a way to make this thing interesting. They always seem to do just that

Memphis caught a break. Had a 25% chance of keeping spot with 17 to go. (548). Now well over 50% with 8 games and a play in.
Could be interesting but Kings have to out play NOP and Blazers.

I don't remember any of that, but admire the optimism.
If Bagley makes any contributions during this run, it will be a bonus

I can see him making a few 5 minute appearances when the team needs energy. Belly and Barnes tend to disappear every 4 or 5 games, so it's a nice option. Although you can make a case for Parker ahead of Bags at this point.
There was about two months there towards the end of his rookie year where his production was trending up very fast and in limited minutes, and the expectation was that it would continue... nobody in the league could figure him out. It was causing massive buzz amongst the Grant, Jerry, and Doug crowd. He was our number one offensive weapon while he was on the floor at that time, and also rebounding fantastically, and playing above average defense (with amazing tools and the quick jump) that was only getting better game to game.

1592499299305.png 1592499299305.png

There was about two months there towards the end of his rookie year where his production was trending up very fast and in limited minutes, and the expectation was that it would continue... nobody in the league could figure him out. It was causing massive buzz amongst the Grant, Jerry, and Doug crowd. He was our number one offensive weapon while he was on the floor at that time, and also rebounding fantastically, and playing above average defense (with amazing tools and the quick jump) that was only getting better game to game.
Yes, this is so true and it's crazy the strength of the recency bias. People forget that during that stretch THIS FORUM, as well as elsewhere, was full of people talking about how Bagley really might have been a good pick, he just might be better than Luka. Obviously Luka had a better rookie season, but Bagley was showing the tools and trajectory that he would be an all NBA talent. People deny or simply forget that time.

But now that Luka has had a transcendent sophomore season and Bagley has been riddled with injuries no one would've predicted, not to mention the very real and fair fact that Bagley looked bad in the preseason and the games he played during the season (which is understandable with the rust of the offseason and injuries), Bagley sucks and we need to trade him.

Yes, this is so true and it's crazy the strength of the recency bias. People forget that during that stretch THIS FORUM, as well as elsewhere, was full of people talking about how Bagley really might have been a good pick, he just might be better than Luka.
Ever since the draft, the only people that thought that were probably Vlade, Brandon Williams, Grant Napier and a handfull of Kings fans.

Obviously Luka had a better rookie season, but Bagley was showing the tools and trajectory that he would be an all NBA talent. People deny or simply forget that time.

But now that Luka has had a transcendent sophomore season and Bagley has been riddled with injuries no one would've predicted, not to mention the very real and fair fact that Bagley looked bad in the preseason and the games he played during the season (which is understandable with the rust of the offseason and injuries), Bagley sucks and we need to trade him.
The pick was horrible at the time and it has only looked worse and worse while time goes on. Its just not fair to Bagley to keep that comparison alive, the pick wasnt his fault. From the moment it happened it has been a one big joke to the people that follow the NBA.

There were a lot of good discussion pre and post draft about Bagley vs Luka and about value of different skillsets. Bagley can become a productive player in the future but so far hes been seriously outperformed by role players like Bjelica and Holmes. Thats why its unfair to him to keep the discussion alive about his draft position. It was a bad pick, its not his fault and hopefully he developes as a player and continues to play hard for this franchise.

Last edited: