KINGS Play-Off Roster

Who should take the 12th roster spot for the playoffs?

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You might want to check prior threads. This is already being discussed in another thread so I'm closing this one.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I checked the other threads and they're pretty much focused on Bobby and/or Brad. Therefore, I'm reopening the thread...

My playoff roster would be:

Bibby
Cat
Peja
Thomas
Skinner
House
Miller
Darius
Martin
Evans
Williamson
Jackson

Bibby, Cat ,Peja,Thomas, Miller, Skinner, Jackson, House, Darius, Williamson, Evans and .... well i really dont know about the last one, we really dont have size other than Miller , so im thinking Ostertag gets the last spot for fouls maybe some time agianst opposing big men ?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
--Starters--

PG- Bibby
SG- Mobley
SF- Peja
PF- Thomas
C- Miller

--Bench--

PG- House
SG- Evans
SF- Willamson
PF- Songaila
C- Skinner
G- Jackson
C- Ostertag

Jackson makes it because if he's healthy, he makes a difference...And if he's anywhere close to playing like himself, he overtakes House as the backup PG.

House has guarenteed a playoff spot with his game as of late. He is a natural SG, so think of this back-court punch---House/Jackson.

Tag just can't be left off. In the playoffs, the game slows down, and defense is needed more. Suits Ostertags game MUCH better than it has this season. And, an extra big should be kept.

Martin doesn't make it because, despite one good game, he hasn't proved himself this year. If Bobby is 100% out, that is the only way he makes the team, IMO.

Daniels doesn't make it because he isn't needed.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Playoff roster - Martin or Ostertag?

We're all pretty much in agreement about 11 of the slots. The 12th slot will, therefore, go to either Kevin Martin or Greg Ostertag.

I'm starting a poll and merging this thread with the current Playoff roster thread...

piksi

Hall of Famer
Well, it is much more simple than it looks. The question that needs to be asked is which one can have more impact on a extremely limited amount of time.
Ostertag has more experience, plays a position at which we are most vulnerable.

Neither of them will be factor but considering the uncertain status od Brad Miller 0 Tag would be a logical choice

VF21 said:
We're all pretty much in agreement about 11 of the slots. The 12th slot will, therefore, go to either Kevin Martin or Greg Ostertag.

I'm starting a poll and merging this thread with the current Playoff roster thread...
You stole my thunder. ;)

I can definetly see RA leave Tag out in favour of Martin if Brad is anywhere near 100%.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
bozzwell said:
You stole my thunder. ;)

I can definetly see RA leave Tag out in favour of Martin if Brad is anywhere near 100%.
My assumption is based on how RA has utilized Tag this year - i.e. very little, even when he might have been a factor.

If Martin can bring a little more defense onto the court AND hustle, then I see him being potentially more valuable than Tag - especially if Tag's role will be simply to keep the bench from floating up into the rafters.

As much as I like Kevin's energy, I think that the smart thing to do would be to keep Tag on the roster as a last resort, just in case Brad isn't 100%. Hopefully we'll here a little more this week on both his and B-Jax's condition and maybe form a better opinion then.

People are saying that they want Ostertag on the playoff roster to have size. But we don't really need size against any team we play in the Western Conference. The only time we might need size is if we make it to the Finals and play Miami.

You might say we need size for the spurs but I think that darius, miller, thomas, and skinner are definately good enough for duncan and nesterovic.

PejaHoops16 said:
People are saying that they want Ostertag on the playoff roster to have size. But we don't really need size against any team we play in the Western Conference. The only time we might need size is if we make it to the Finals and play Miami.

You might say we need size for the spurs but I think that darius, miller, thomas, and skinner are definately good enough for duncan and nesterovic.
Yea but when we get to the finals, we have to face Shaq, dont we ? ;)

Andriod_KiNg said:
Yea but when we get to the finals, we have to face Shaq, dont we ? ;)

Miller and Skinner will work with him. He always needs to be double teamed so it doesnt really matter who guards him.

Last edited:
VF21 said:
I checked the other threads and they're pretty much focused on Bobby and/or Brad. Therefore, I'm reopening the thread...

My playoff roster would be:

Bibby
Cat
Peja
Thomas
Skinner
House
Miller
Darius
Martin
Evans
Williamson
Jackson
yup mine too!

PejaHoops16 said:

Miller and Skinner will work with him. He always needs to be double teamed so it doesnt really matter who guards him.
If Brad goes down (remember he just broke his leg) we will need OTag's size and vetren presence in playoffs.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Super K vs. Otag

VF21 said:

That will be a dilemma for Coach and Petrie. Playing the Mavs will have Spider Man Bradley in for 10-15+ min backing up Dampier at 7ft and 270 lb. Without OTag, we have Skinner at 6-11 backing up by Miller who won't be back into 35min/game starting shape until playoff time.

If Coach and staff are happy with that, then Marting is 12. But Otag has been in more playoff games than anyone on the roster. Wonder how much that is worth?????? :confused:

For defensive purposes, I'd keep Tag. He has shown that he can rebound and block shots, and his prescence in the lane can alter some shots....besides, it couldn't hurt to have a spare big man just in case Brad or Darius gets in foul trouble...I wish they could keep both Martin and Tag though.

A

AriesMar27

so this means no evans? why????? lol.... poor martin.... i almost hope that bobby doesnt come back.... well, for different reasons.... but still....

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Sorry gang it would be NUTS to take a roster of 6 gaurds and One legit center to the play offs. I know lots of folks arround here are convinced that Brian Skinner is a center but in reality the man is 6'9"... muscular and atheletic but also injury prone. On a team with a 7 footer he would play where he actualy belongs at the 4 and given the of the runts that have been at the 4 lately it would be a good thing. Don't get me wrong I love these guys and at 6'8" Darius realy can play the 4 but is small. Kenny at 6'7" is MUCH better suited at the 3 and once the Kings are palying full grown paly off teams giving up 2-7 inches across the front line will come back to haunt them. As a back up 5 Tag makes the line BIGER and will help off set the loss of size at the 4 and 3. and heven forbid there are injuries to either Brad or Brian the team is not stuck with a 6'8" center AND a 6'7" PF with 6 gaurds to round out the team.

Tag gives us something nobody else does which is a guy who can block shots and put serious lumber on guys who are foolish enough to drive to the basket against the mighty Kings.;)

Getting Rick to play him willl remind us all of the time we were all begging for Pollard against the Mavs and Rick put him in for 12 minutes one game. He did great and then it was back to the pine.

Unfortunately, no team which has Jainist monks defending against players driving the lane has ever done well in the playoffs.