KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Banchero is there you take him and figure the rest out later. Although that certainly could mean the right draft night trade. He's not my guy but he certainly has the biggest "it" factor of the top 4 mocked guys. I honestly don't see any way that he is the guy that falls.
Yeah, you're most likely right with your last statement, but I am holding on to that ever so slight miracle that he does fall on draft day, and ends up coming to Sacramento.

If Ivey is BPA and is taken by McNair then he just has to deal him before the season begins, (preferably at the draft) no ifs ands or buts. He can't try to play him the 1st half of the season to increase his value at the trade deadline. If he doesn't trade him by the start of the upcoming season, I think that puts a huge cloud on the entire season because of all the compromises that are foisted upon Brown, the main one being winning enough to get into the playoffs.
The Kings have ZERO elite prospects at SG. No need to deal him. This isn't a Fox/Haliburton situation unless Brown is an in idiot.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Good thing is, he ain't in that role, Fox is.
Agreed. And also... this is not a routine pass. He threads the needle through 3 defenders with one hand off a live dribble and gets the ball there with so much zip that the camera doesn't even record it's flight path.

EDIT: Actually, it's a lot less impressive when I blow the video up from postage stamp size to full screen. Still, I don't think this is really a drop-off pass. He draws in the defense and has a very narrow window of opportunity. I would agree that finding the open man directly in front of him isn't as impressive as slinging no-looks into the corner or something but not everyone needs to be a creative passer to be effective as a lead playmaker. Efficient will also get the job done.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings have ZERO elite prospects at SG. No need to deal him. This isn't a Fox/Haliburton situation unless Brown is an in idiot.
He's more of a combo, similar to Fox. Regardless, DDV fits better with this team than Ivey because of his maturity and physicallity. Ivey would be more of a chip than anything else. Not someone that would add to the Kings getting to the playoffs next year.

the only bust potential I see with Chet is Injury Bust Potential. The guy is a guaranteed 2 blocks per game, a free dunk from 5-8 feet with just a little space, and can hit the 3 that will never be blocked. He also never shied away from contact even against Duren who has an NBA body. Kid wants to be legit and the worse he could be IMO is a Javale McGee with a 3pt shot
The NBA just isn’t as physical as it once was. Look at Fox. He beefed up significantly last season and struggled out of the gate. He was too big. There really aren’t a lot of huge bigs left in the league and even less that bang in the paint. Most nights it won’t be a big deal. Chet needs to add muscle there is no doubt, but he doesn’t have to come out of it looking like a white Shaq. There’s also the other end of the spectrum. More weight = more force at joints and such.

The NBA just isn’t as physical as it once was. Look at Fox. He beefed up significantly last season and struggled out of the gate. He was too big. There really aren’t a lot of huge bigs left in the league and even less that bang in the paint. Most nights it won’t be a big deal. Chet needs to add muscle there is no doubt, but he doesn’t have to come out of it looking like a white Shaq. There’s also the other end of the spectrum. More weight = more force at joints and such.
Totally agree cause Im big on Chet and want to move up to draft him. The post game is basically non-existent in todays game. Sneezing on somebody is a flagrant II. He hasn’t had any injury problems that I know of, so I don’t see why with NBA training he would be durable in the pros also

He's more of a combo, similar to Fox. Regardless, DDV fits better with this team than Ivey because of his maturity and physicallity. Ivey would be more of a chip than anything else. Not someone that would add to the Kings getting to the playoffs next year.
I can see that and it's one of the main reasons I think passing on him would be stupid. Imagine at the deadline the Kings aren't quite where they want to be, aren't willing to reset, and are floating a Mitchell/Ivey/1st package? Yeah, good luck beating that.

lol do we watch all that tape he watches ? Stop it
you might have noticed Ham isn’t very popular here :D

personally I don’t mind listening to him on his podcasts. He reminds me a bit of Colin Cowherd. A bit full of himself, very opinionated, loved/hated by listeners and yet generally respected by colleagues/peers.

I'm not sure what is the fascination with drafting a Power Forward or Center in the draft this high. Honestly, the PF/C position hasn't been essential in winning a championship since the days of Shaq and Kobe. I would rather stay put at #4 and draft a wing or guard with the #4 and watch them produce at an all-star level for the Kings.

I'm pretty sure that one of Murray, Ivey or Sharpe will wind up being a top 2 or 3 talent from this draft and one or more of these guys will be available when the Kings pick at 4. I think the Kings should just sit tight and trust that Monte will select the BPA at 4, which will likely be a guard or wing.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I can see that and it's one of the main reasons I think passing on him would be stupid. Imagine at the deadline the Kings aren't quite where they want to be, aren't willing to reset, and are floating a Mitchell/Ivey/1st package? Yeah, good luck beating that.
Did I say we should pass on him? Pick him. Trade him quickly. The end.

It’s crazy that such an amazing prospect isn’t consensus #1
Been well on record of my stance on Keegan and why he'd be my pick at 4, assuming the top 3 bigs are gone. Don't need to rehash it again.

What were your draft takes again after watching a 3-minute Ivey highlight reel?

We used to have a few big Kentucky fans here, if any still are can any of you explain to me how Sharpe didn't play for Kentucky if he is top 5 pick NBA ready? I heard that Cal didn't want to rock the boat but it seems the last great Kentucky squad was pre-pandemic and there is no way an NBA ready prospect would not be a solid add mid-season who could be a regular contributor by March.

Seems Sharpe has fallen but I still occasionally see his name.
He reclassified and enrolled "early" at UK in November of 2021. However, he never practiced with the team until January of 2022, mid-way through their season.

Due to the lack of practice time and underdeveloped chemistry with his teammates, Calipari didn't want to throw him into the wolves during March madness. It made no sense. Kentucky was playing good enough, and Sharpe had everything to lose if he came out, and looked rusty in a couple games. Sharpe was projected to be a consensus top 5 pick in next year's draft. He'll be drafted in the lottery no matter which year he declares.

The conspiracists will tell you that Sharpe was never going to play. They argue that this was a ploy all along to find a way to get Sharpe elgible for the 2022 draft, while also being a brand name & positive recruitment for UK and Calipari. Cal gets to write off another, "former 5-star UK player becomes an NBA All-Star."

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Others have referenced this tweet, but this pretty much screams, "Don't draft me Orlando"
He doesn't fit with their team. They have a logjam of bigs with WCJ, Bamba, and Isaac. He was really good friends with Jalen Suggs, and I don't think he wants to repeat the same struggles as Suggs did in his rookie year.

Looking at OKC with #2, they're 100% guaranteed to intentionally tank this upcoming year. They're a good franchise, but don't have a lot of direction. They've had no issue trying to trade SGA for the right place. Their roster is basically a GLeague roster.. no disrespect intended. I don't think he likes the idea of being forced to play against another 190lbs 7ft Center.

With the Rockets at #3, they at least have a player they're committed to building around (Jalen Green). I don't think Chet would have any complaints being drafted here. Even though they would be a lotto team, at least they'd try to be competitive and win.

I think there could be a chance that Chet is there at #4 for us if he successfully convinces the top 2 teams NOT to draft him, and Houston likes another prospect better.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The conspiracists will tell you that Sharpe was never going to play. They argue that this was a ploy all along to find a way to get Sharpe elgible for the 2022 draft...
Well, that's not correct. Enrolling in college doesn't affect your NBA draft eligibility (at least, until your NCAA eligibility is used up).

There was some question about whether Sharpe would be eligible because of the clause that players have to be one NBA season removed from their high school graduation, or one NBA season from when they would have graduated, had they graduated. Sharpe's class graduated in May of 2021, so that requirement should have been fulfilled - whether he graduated or not. Things get weird because his subsequent enrollment at a prep school could potentially be interpreted as "changing his high school class" and effectively resetting that clock. But there's a Givony report out there that he in fact did have sufficient credits to graduate with his original class (and while it's not clear, he may have been awarded a degree in May 2021). Anyway, there's a wee bit of a gray area in the rules, but the NBA declared him eligible for the draft, and that would have been based on his high school status, not his college enrollment.

Why are people so concerned about someone's frame and being injured all the time, there have been plenty of "twigs" who have had beyond productive careers even non stars (Durrant/KG_ are superstars) guys like Corey Brewer, Prince, Rip Hamilton., Christian Wood. 7 foot length Skills/smarts >frame everyday of the week this is not a body building contest. It's not like that Chet guy is a power player with that frame that bullied guys to the rim in college. Even Poku has been relatively injury free although he was just not ready to play mentally at the NBA level . These guys have insane skills I'm taking that over almost anyone if he's there at #4 the Kings would be idiots to let him go.

Most guys who don't make it in the NBA is due to IQ/lack of skills needed for a certain position I don't think Chet is in that category.

you might have noticed Ham isn’t very popular here :D

personally I don’t mind listening to him on his podcasts. He reminds me a bit of Colin Cowherd. A bit full of himself, very opinionated, loved/hated by listeners and yet generally respected by colleagues/peers.
Ham’s a hard worker and a content machine. But he does recycle a lot of takes from others. At least he still covers the Kings on the regular.

Why are people so concerned about someone's frame and being injured all the time, there have been plenty of "twigs" who have had beyond productive careers even non stars (Durrant/KG_ are superstars) guys like Corey Brewer, Prince, Rip Hamilton., Christian Wood. 7 foot length Skills/smarts >frame everyday of the week this is not a body building contest. It's not like that Chet guy is a power player with that frame that bullied guys to the rim in college. Even Poku has been relatively injury free although he was just not ready to play mentally at the NBA level . These guys have insane skills I'm taking that over almost anyone if he's there at #4 the Kings would be idiots to let him go.

Most guys who don't make it in the NBA is due to IQ/lack of skills needed for a certain position I don't think Chet is in that category.
And we are forgetting Kings’ fan favorite Keon Clark. Plus Plastic Man and AK-47 - who we all is coach GM’s perennial targets.

But yeah - I’d take Jabari at 1 due in part to Chet’s frame. But at #4, I’d be stoked if Chet is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.