[Game] Kings @ Pelicans - Friday, Oct. 19 - 5 PDT

It's actually hard to say if New Orleans is just white Unstoppable tonight or if the kings are just not able to stop them. I know that's a fine distinction but if the Kings defense just can't stop anyone it's going to be a long season. Normally if you can score 90 points in 3 quarters you're on your way to Victory.

Appreciate a lot of what happened tonight besides the score, but I thought I saw 5/6 plays from De’aaron with momentum hanging in the balance in the middle of that 2nd quarter. Can’t have that. Maybe it was better in action (as I saw through gamecast) But good to see Fox/Buddy/Marvin putting in production as cogs going forward

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It's actually hard to say if New Orleans is just white Unstoppable tonight or if the kings are just not able to stop them. I know that's a fine distinction but if the Kings defense just can't stop anyone it's going to be a long season. Normally if you can score 90 points in 3 quarters you're on your way to Victory.
look at it this way, in the first game, the Kings defense allowed 123 to a Utah team that isn't exactly an offensive machine but here we are again....

look at it this way, in the first game, the Kings defense allowed 123 to a Utah team that isn't exactly an offensive machine but here we are again....
This is also the consequence of playing fast and upping the pace like everyone wanted. You give up a lot of offensive possessions. The only way to win these types of games is to out-run and out-shoot your opponents. We're not good enough yet

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is also the consequence of playing fast and upping the pace like everyone wanted. You give up a lot of offensive possessions. The only way to win these types of games is to out-run and out-shoot your opponents. We're not good enough yet
based on the preseason and the first two games we've witnessed a lot of offensive rebounding for the opposition so on top of not being able to stop anyone, they give up second chances

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'd feel worse about this loss if the Pels didn't demolish Houston the other night. They might be legit this year.

Edit: didn't realize there is 8 minutes left in the quarter. We're gonna let em drop 150. Still feel bad about this loss!

Yeah and as a consequence the young Kings have looked good at times too. They're wearing down and some of these shots are just in the zone types. Of course they aren't good enough yet. The misconception is that the Kings should be better than they are because for many this is year 2-3 when in reality it's the 1st year of really buying in and not just spinning their wheels in the meantime. They are what they are, and that's built to run and space. A big issue is what running teams shoot half the 3's of their opponent and expect to have a shot?

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yeah and as a consequence the young Kings have looked good at times too. They're wearing down and some of these shots are just in the zone types. Of course they aren't good enough yet. The misconception is that the Kings should be better than they are because for many this is year 2-3 when in reality it's the 1st year of really buying in and not just spinning their wheels in the meantime. They are what they are, and that's built to run and space. A big issue is what running teams shoot half the 3's of their opponent and expect to have a shot?
Right?!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think it's less a schematic issue and more our guys are just driving every single time they get open space for some reason.