[Game] Kings @ Pelicans - Friday, Oct. 19 - 5 PDT

There is an issue with how the Kings are guarding the three as well. Especially at the top of the circle. At some point you either switch or stop going underneath the screen.

I think it's less a schematic issue and more our guys are just driving every single time they get open space for some reason.

I doubt it. Joerger is the King of the mid-range, the dots are all there. I think they've made major strides offensively to the point where now some of the players can produce but if they are driving not by command I'd be shocked.

What Joerger said LAST YEAR is moot. What he has said most recently is the training wheels are off and the kids are gonna play - which they are. But hey - don't let reality get in the way of your anti-Joerger rant.
He played Bagley 12 mins in the first game this team just attempted 16, 3pts shots Joerger needs to get this worked out. To be honest if not for foul trouble Joerger might have tried to pull the same wack “earn your mins” stunt tonight again.

Defense is just not allowed in the NBA anymore. It's turning into a joke. Pay attention to the scores and how many free throws teams are going to shoot this year. It's all going up astronomically.

the Pels are better, and more talented, than people realize. good game. Marvin's only misses came from 3 pt territory.

It's hard for me to kill this team with Bogdan out while they score so much. Everyone knows the Kings need all hands on deck to be competitive.

Defense is just not allowed in the NBA anymore. It's turning into a joke. Pay attention to the scores and how many free throws teams are going to shoot this year. It's all going up astronomically.
Its outrageous. The perceived “crappy” teams get it the worst.

the Pels are better, and more talented, than people realize. good game. Marvin's only misses came from 3 pt territory.

It's hard for me to kill this team with Bogdan out while they score so much. Everyone knows the Kings need all hands on deck to be competitive.

The Kings hung in there for a stretch too. That's what you want to see out of a young team. Better than previous years where they just watched it rather than getting that valuable PT.

Its outrageous. The perceived “crappy” teams get it the worst.
Exactly. I'm not saying that there are only bad calls going against the Kings because there were plenty of times the Kings got fouled and I rolled my eyes but the difference in how the refs treated the Pels starters vs our starters was quite noticeable.

The refs set the tone from the very first play when A.D. attempted that turnaround jump shot and Willie got whistled for a foul for putting his arm up.

I've noticed that too.

Memphis just hung 131 on somebody. Knicks 126 yesterday. Wolves-Cavs was 131-123. Utah-Kings the other night 123-117. Portland and the Lakers 128-119. It's getting ridiculous; the refs are blowing whistle after whistle and I don't think it's a coincidence.

I've noticed that too.

Memphis just hung 131 on somebody. Knicks 126 yesterday. Wolves-Cavs was 131-123. Utah-Kings the other night 123-117. Portland and the Lakers 128-119. It's getting ridiculous; the refs are blowing whistle after whistle and I don't think it's a coincidence.
Its like you can’t play defense at all. I saw the Kings get after it defensively in the beginning, but after the quick whistles, they started playing passively which allowed the Pelicans to get in a groove. When the 2nd half started, the whistles came quick again and that’s when the onslaught started.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I've noticed that too.

Possibly. I think that a likelier explanation is that the new shot clock rules have and will lead to increased scoring. They introduced that rule in the WNBA three seasons ago, and the league average scoring increased by more than six points per game, overnight, with proportional increases in league-wide pace and offensive rating.

And remember that WNBA games are forty minutes. Extrapolate that kind of increase over a forty-eight minute game, with bigger, stronger and faster athletes, and increased scoring comes as little surprise.