Kings @ Nuggets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
With 12 to go Kings still hanging in there showing character. No "gimmies" left meaning the rest of the games will be hard work, and lots of nervs and close endings. If You like drama - You are in for a treat. If You have a weak heart - You might want to stay away.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
No "back to backs" left which is a very good thing considering that we might run out of gas. Mike Bibby is almost there, Still giving us all he got but there does not seam to be much more left. It does not help playing him 40+ minutes over and over again. I hope that once we clinch PO spot (any spot) RA rests him for a game or two (very unrealistic - I know)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Much has been talked about Pedja lately. Especially about his inconsistant performances that tend to frustrate all of us a lot because he is very much needed. Obviously, things he said over the summer does not help him either.
38 pts and 9 rb later one has to wonder what is really going on here ? Where is that effort night in and night out ? More important is what is next ? Is Pedja going to be more consistant or will he continue to be consistantly inconsistant ? We did not really need 38 and 9 to know what he is capable of. Everybody knows that (Unless You lived in a "cave" last season). He does not have too much time to salvage whatever is left in this season, but he might have just enough time to show that he matters.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, we beat Mavs. It was a much needed game. We played well for 3/4 quarters and it was enough. ARCO was alive, Pedja was hot and the team fought trough the letdown in the 2nd and against the referees all game long. I personally rather just blame Finley;). Much easier and more accurate. BTW I never really liked Irk much - and I guess that will not change any time soon
Important but very difficult game tomorow. I am not worried about Denver as much as I am worried about the altitude. Denver is on a winning streak and that is a good thing because every streak ends and their just might end tomorow. Will be tough. We need Pedja of Thursday night. We ned our guards to put a good game over 48 minutes especially defensively. I am extremly concerned with our ability to stop Boykins. They have injured players but so do we. It is going to be a great win for the Kings.
Bibby - he is due - make that overdue. How much does he have left is the only thing that I am worried about.
Pedja - more and more often
Mobley - there is a first half in BB too. Somebody needs to tell him that.
Thomas - keep it up
Skinner - hope his fingers feel better
Darius - needs to do what Darius usually does
House - I would not mind him play more minutes
Evans - see House
Williamson - very inconsistant as of late probably due to injury
Tag - on that altitude - I do not think so
Martin - maybe
Daniels - better not
RA - any more tricks left ? Will need to watch the minutes tomorow
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denver has many players that had career numbers agains us allready. Do not be shocked if it happenes again
Go Nets!!!! (Wolves)
Go Magic!!! (Suns)
Go Cavs!! (Mavs)

Last edited:
No "back to backs" left which is a very good thing considering that we might run out of gas.
Actually, we still have one more back to back. It's mid-April...vs Lakers then next night, @Suns.

I like George Karl as a coach, I think he is one of the better coaches around.

So this game scares me as far as our chances. The Nuggets are VERY hot right now.

First off im super glad you posted this thread tonight cuz i was bored out of my mind...

Just need a win...its definetly gonna be tough...but believe it or not i like our chances...and i actually have a pretty good feeling about this game too...

I know the last game the Nuggets played they were without both KMart and Marcus Camby ( i love them both but have either of them played one whole week of basketball this year...geez)...so will they be out tomorrow night....?? Listen at this point we need any and all advantages we can get...period.

I think Mike is overdue for a good scoring game but at the same time i too am terribly scared about lil Earl Boykins...another thing that Im a bit worried about is Peja...i really hope he's solid tomorrow night...cuz again we are gonna need him....Cats gotta find a way to get himself some easier shots...all of his shots over the past two games or so have either been forces or extremely difficult shots that either go in or don't he prolly gets two easy shots a game...he needs to get more easy shots per game...if those 3 can round into form for a solid game...we're golden (fitting as we are playing the Nuggets afterall)...you know the guys off the bench are gonna do their jobs and Brian and Kenny are gonna continue to be solid...so its up to the big 3 to get it going...

GO KINGS!!

ps- I really hope the Cavs grind the Mavs up into a million tiny little pieces...just for the Mavs fans sake :)

Gonna miss the first half,that darn work thing,hope peja has another big night,be nice to see him string 2-3 together.No question Bibby is overdue,he'll get it back.They all look to be gellen more and more.
LETS GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

A little bit of hope for our standings, McGrady strained his hip last night and Houston plays the Spurs tomorrow.However, Spurs don't have Duncan.

piksi said:
Mike Bibby is almost there, Still giving us all he got but there does not seam to be much more left. It does not help playing him 40+ minutes over and over again. I hope that once we clinch PO spot (any spot) RA rests him for a game or two (very unrealistic - I know)
QUOTE]

This is currently my biggest concern (only because I'm going to assume that Peja has finally found his game & is going to play great the rest of the season). I'm a big RA supporter, but Bibby just looks beat. I know Bibby will have better games, whether or not he's rested, but I just think he'd play better if he got to rest, say, maybe 5 more minutes a game. I know each game is critical because of the playoff race, but I just think the guy needs some rest.

I believe Camby and Elson are both going to miss this game. So, Denver may be thin on the front line.

The munchkin front line could work tonight.;)

WORRY#1 = Melo gettin Peja into foul trouble
SOLUTION= I'd like to see Kenny get a chance to play some D on him

WORRY#2= Earl Boykins running Mike ragged
SOLUTION= Let Eddie House use up some energy chasin him around

WORRY#3= Altitude,Altitude, Altitude
SOLUTION= Extended bench minutes and ball security. We don't need to be runnin with these guys. Thats how Karl's gotten things turned around.

Denver needs tonight's victory badly,but we need it too because of the playoffs spot.I predict close game,with not too much points.We'll see can Peja(me :D ) continue with good playing,after two games where he was great?!

seriously can any of their big guys be healthy at the same time??? Nene was out for like forever now he's back and everyone else is either out or a gametime decision...thats gotta be somewhat frustrating for Nuggets fans

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
iheartBrad said:
seriously can any of their big guys be healthy at the same time??? Nene was out for like forever now he's back and everyone else is either out or a gametime decision...thats gotta be somewhat frustrating for Nuggets fans
Yup, not the Nugets year. They looked great on ppaer at the start but next to Utha they heve been the bigest disapointment in the NBA.

teamdimechampionship said:
WORRY#1 = Melo gettin Peja into foul trouble
SOLUTION= I'd like to see Kenny get a chance to play some D on him

WORRY#2= Earl Boykins running Mike ragged
SOLUTION= Let Eddie House use up some energy chasin him around

WORRY#3= Altitude,Altitude, Altitude
SOLUTION= Extended bench minutes and ball security. We don't need to be runnin with these guys. Thats how Karl's gotten things turned around.
im pretty sure peja can contain melo if he brings the d we know he is capable of.... COMMON PEJA!!!!!!

and i doubt mike will be able to contain boykins (but mike should at least return the points on earl as well), but rick..... plz... if boykins gets hot becasue bibby cant contain him, try giving eddie a chance the guard him for a decent amount of minutes....

and if that dznt work than juz let greg handle earl :D....

arrrggghhhh were playing against najera :mad:... at least c-webbs not here to be harrassed.... if he doz do what he did to webber to k9, greg should give him a big whack in the face...

oh yeah and apparently elson might not play as well today... he sprained his ankle against the lakers in the third qtr and didnt return... listed day-to-day

Last edited:
Earl's too small for anyone to defend..LOL. If you're a bigger guy, he'll just run right pass you because he's smaller and quicker like Iverson. Too bad we have no Bobby.

I hope Pedja have a good night again. Melo once said that Pedja is the hardest player he have go against. So Pedja..do your thing!! ;)

Bibby...I hope your shooting touch is getting there soon! :)

Score + Rebound + Play D + limit TOs + EFFORT = WIN!!!!

GOO KINGS!!!!!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well I just fininshed preparing for the game. I made a lazagna and just finished watching "Things To Do IN Denver When Your Dead." Boat Drinks!

RaY Z said:
hey melbourne dude! im from sydney!!! nice to be a kingsfan in aus isnt it? hehehe...
Haha kind of. ESPN Australia doesn't show double headers. Therefore alot of kings games get shown in america on ESPN but not here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.