[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - 4/2/16 - 6 PT, 9 ET

Curry = confident. Along with poise, determination, defense and more. Growing into solid NBA player before our eyes - and now quickly. Too bad BMac shows so little by comparison with all his opportunity to do the same.

Seth Curry
-Deadly outside shooter
- Suprisingly quick first step aided by the threat of the outside shot means able to penetrate regularly
-Already has a very good floater
-High basketball IQ
-Plays with heart, underrated on defense

I see no reason why he cannot be at the least a 6th man type in today's NBA. Hopefully he opts into his second year(doubt it) or we can re sign him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Remember, Seth Curry was signed by Vlade Divac. I think what we're seeing right now is the reason why. I am confident Vlade will do what it takes to ensure his future as a King.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thank Naismith we had McLemore start the second half. We might have been poor guests and taken the lead.

I think I finally solved the mystery that is Ben Mclemore, or at least the root of all of his problems. In basketball you are taught to "take what the defense gives you". Offensively at least that is the one concept that makes a player that looks accelerated on the floor(typically young players) start to look under control "the game slows down". Ben hasn't and doesn't understand this concept. He is a player that almost looks like he has decided that he will do "this move" this time, no matter how the defense is playing you or giving you. For instance i just saw Ben get the ball on the wing and the defender was giving him the baseline. With his quickness he should instantly think attack baseline quick and either step back for a jumper as the defender is still recovering or drive all the way to the rim for a shot or pass out. Instead Ben takes one dribble baseline and quickly crosses back to his left right into the defender, and that was it, gave up his dribble and had to pass to the next guy.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I finally solved the mystery that is Ben Mclemore, or at least the root of all of his problems. In basketball you are taught to "take what the defense gives you". Offensively at least that is the one concept that makes a player that looks accelerated on the floor(typically young players) start to look under control "the game slows down". Ben hasn't and doesn't understand this concept. He is a player that almost looks like he has decided that he will do "this move" this time, no matter how the defense is playing you or giving you. For instance i just saw Ben get the ball on the wing and the defender was giving him the baseline. With his quickness he should instantly think attack baseline quick and either step back for a jumper as the defender is still recovering or drive all the way to the rim for a shot or pass out. Instead Ben takes one dribble baseline and quickly crosses back to his left right into the defender, and that was it, gave up his dribble and had to pass to the next guy.
Yeah, pretty much from the beginning Ben has been too slow to make moves because he's always thinking and making moves based on what he thinks he should do instead of reading and reacting. I'd hoped that with time he'd get comfortable and things would click for him but they just haven't.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
McLemore has had a really weird game. You look at the game and, to your eyes, it looks like he's playing terribly. And then, you look at the box score, and you're like, "What do you mean, he's got fourteen points?"