[Game] Kings @ Nuggets 3/5

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You mean the mostly clowning guy known as Donte "Buckets" Greene but who has proved be more Donte "Bricks" Greene? Very likely won't be back with the Kings next season so why push it.

The mostly clowning guy who is 6'11" mobile and did an excellent job defending Channing Frye just last night. Then tonight we get Frye's slightly shorter brother in long distance big man wussplay being a problem and we decide that Travis Outlaw or John Salmons would be better PFs because Donte is now a C I suppose.

You can't justify how he goes from playing 32 min one night to 0 the next under those circumstances. Just can't.

The mostly clowning guy who is 6'11" mobile and did an excellent job defending Channing Frye just last night. Then tonight we get Frye's slightly shorter brother in long distance big man wussplay being a problem and we decide that Travis Outlaw or John Salmons would be better PFs because Donte is now a C I suppose.

You can't justify how he goes from playing 32 min one night to 0 the next under those circumstances. Just can't.
Well if its any consolation, smarts option for next year was picked up so we can look forward to more of his antics

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
So why were the last 4? Posessions before the Cisco Chuck a two man game in which Tyreke evans dribbles the ball to the right into the corner slowly and either took a terrible jumpshot or passed it to fish at the top of the three?

Bricklayer

So why were the last 4? Posessions before the Cisco Chuck a two man game in which Tyreke evans dribbles the ball to the right into the corner slowly and either took a terrible jumpshot or passed it to fish at the top of the three?
Not the last 4 -- the last one before Cisco's chuck was a different variation drawn up by Smart that ended up with Reke slashing down the middle of the lane for the finish.

But the 3 before that were all the same passive 2-man Reke/JT play. And the answer would be, nobody knows. Stalled us out.

Not the last 4 -- the last one before Cisco's chuck was a different variation drawn up by Smart that ended up with Reke slashing down the middle of the lane for the finish.

But the 3 before that were all the same passive 2-man Reke/JT play. And the answer would be, nobody knows. Stalled us out.
Unfortunately, it seems this has become the common answer for most of the Kings decisions these days.

Edited

Last edited:
I blame this on coach smart, were up in overtime and he decides to call plays with tyreke isolated in the corner for 24 seconds with no movement whatsoever from anyone else, if it happnes once fine, but this same action occured 3 or 4 possessions straight. Meanwhile you had Al Harrington gaurding Cousins, all Cousins had to do was make a cut in the paint to get position and have an easy layup. Ridiculous play calling. Only positive out of this game is that Whiteside had his best game as a pro. Not there yet, but showed what kind of impact he could have a couple years down the road.

IF, those circumstance told the whole story.

It's way too often repeated myth that Donte Greene is 6'11". I don't want to make some big deal on that one, but fact is Greene is barely 6'10" in his basketball shoes. He looks exactly same height as "legit 6'10"" Gallinari who is just as mobile if not more, helluva better shooter, smarter, more dedicated to excellence, more consistent, slated for NBA stardom - if not there already.

Last night Greene was 2-10 from the field and that's mostly been his consistent calling card since he got to Sac. He remains a mediocre shooter at best, inconsistent across the board, and not some great defensive stopper. Maybe on Kings team with all its horrible D he can somehow manage a "lockdown defender rep," living off his one excitable block shot of Kobe for years and years. IMO, it was a gift to give the dude grade C for his effort in Phoenix last night after bricking 20% from the field in that loss.

Donte Greene has had a long stay in Sac at this point, it's likely now coming to an end sooner rather than later, and the stay has been somewhat like the absurd Justin Williams worship era - to be long forgotten once it fades out.

Bricklayer

IF, those circumstance told the whole story.

It's way too often repeated myth that Donte Greene is 6'11". I don't want to make some big deal on that one, but fact is Greene is barely 6'10" in his basketball shoes. He looks exactly same height as "legit 6'10"" Gallinari who is just as mobile if not more, helluva better shooter, smarter, more dedicated to excellence, more consistent, slated for NBA stardom - if not there already.

Last night Greene was 2-10 from the field and that's mostly been his consistent calling card since he got to Sac. He remains a mediocre shooter at best, inconsistent across the board, and not some great defensive stopper. Maybe on Kings team with all its horrible D he can somehow manage a "lockdown defender rep," living off his one excitable block shot of Kobe for years and years. IMO, it was a gift to give the dude grade C for his effort in Phoenix last night after bricking 20% from the field in that loss.

Donte Greene has had a long stay in Sac at this point, it's likely now coming to an end sooner rather than later, and the stay has been somewhat like the absurd Justin Williams worship era - to be long forgotten once it fades out.

Your over the top dislike of Donte is irrelevant.

This coach, this very same coach, played him 32 minutes last night. He must not quite share your disdain. Or did not last night. A night BTW in which Channing Frye was indeed held in check, as many of Donte's oppnents mysteriously have been for several years now. And now otnight facing a similar opponent he gets ZERO. Your opinon on Donte is irrelevant. You would give him 0 minutes every night, which however dubious that might rate on a basketball acumen scale would at least be consitent. I am far more concerned about the coach who gives him 32 minutes one night, and 0 minutes the next night facing similar cirumstances/opponents.

P.S. his job is not to score. Nor was that the stated reason he was out there guarding Frye last night. Nor would it have been the reason he was out there guarding Harrington tonight.

Your over the top dislike of Donte is irrelevant.

This coach, this very same coach, played him 32 minutes last night. He must not quite share your disdain. Or did not last night. A night BTW in which Channing Frye was indeed held in check, as many of Donte's oppnents mysteriously have been for several years now. And now otnight facing a similar opponent he gets ZERO. Your opinon on Donte is irrelevant. You would give him 0 minutes every night, which however dubious that might rate on a basketball acumen scale would at least be consitent. I am far more concerned about the coach who gives him 32 minutes one night, and 0 minutes the next night facing similar cirumstances/opponents.

P.S. his job is not to score. Nor was that the stated reason he was out there guarding Frye last night. Nor would it have been the reason he was out there guarding Harrington tonight.
And it's not just Donte, wonder why this team still has no cohesion down the stretch huh? I don't know what happened but Smart decided to take some of the worst parts of Westphals rotation ideas and implement it into his own gameplan. Why!!! :mad:

The problem wasn't the screen Lawson didnt even use it. Evans should have been up on him more. The screen was set between the 3pt line and the top of the circle. Lawson was 5 feet above the 3pt line. There was no reason for Evans to run into the screen in the first place.
A little-known fact about Reke is that his body is made of a rare organic metal that is magnetic to screens.

it's been hours since the game ended but i keep wondering why this loss hurts so bad. maybe it's because i didn't expect to win. then up 5 with less than 30 secs left. we find a way to pull a defeat from the jaws of victory. tis the life of a kings fan :(