[Game] Kings @ Nuggets 3/5

Here we go!

Denver announcers are worried about a let down, as they've hammered the Kings twice already. They do also acknowledge the individual talents and worry that someone could go off on them. Hopefully that someone does, and hopefully it's Demarcus, and hopefully he goes off in a good way.
Nugs are on a hot streak, Kings are sliding. Let's reverse the trend so that I can wear my duds with pride tomorrow.
Keys to the game:
1. Watch out for the fast break. Denver ran it on us both games.
2. Establish a good half court offense. IT needs to feed the beast, and everyone needs to feed off Big Cuz.
3. Bench play - what will we get? Denver is a deep team, and we'll need bench points to stay close.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I understand that the Kings want to run because they're young and struggle in the half-court, but I don't understand why the organization keeps talking about being a running team and then they acquire personnel that doesn't really fit that. Tyreke doesn't push the ball. Cousins does not run the floor well. Thomas is the closest you have to what would be ideal for that. You look at Denver's team and you see guys like Faried and Nene who can go end to end and dunk over you. You have to PGs to run the break. You got outside shooters and lean players. That's the sort of thing you need to run.

I understand that the Kings want to run because they're young and struggle in the half-court, but I don't understand why the organization keeps talking about being a running team and then they acquire personnel that doesn't really fit that. Tyreke doesn't push the ball. Cousins does not run the floor well. Thomas is the closest you have to what would be ideal for that. You look at Denver's team and you see guys like Faried and Nene who can go end to end and dunk over you. You have to PGs to run the break. You got outside shooters and lean players. That's the sort of thing you need to run.
The best strategy for us to win in the long term is to be a slow it down defensive team like the Spurs used to be. We don't have explosive scorers like LeBron, Wade, Durant, Rose, Westbrook, etc. Unfortunately, that type of game does not put fans in the seats if the winning is not happening. The team wants its cake and to eat it too.

Marcus has had 10+ in the first quarter for the past few games I'm mistaken. If Smart didn't have chaotic rotations, he should be dropping 30+ a game.

Jerry R. said there's no difference in elevation between Denver and Salt Lake City. That's debatable. Denver is around 5,280 ft. (or one mile high) but SLC is lower at around 4,200 ft. That one thousand feet difference is not insignificant.

I can't believe we built a small lead with this lineup. Everything just looks so ugly. The bad thing is since this looks like it's working, we're going to see more of it.