[Game] Kings @ Nets - 11/27/16 - 3PT/6ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Demarcus Cousins and Coach Joerger said it best:

“If we play the way we play in the last five minutes of games every game this season - from start to finish, we’d probably be undefeated,” a clearly disappointed DeMarcus Cousins said following the Kings 117-104 loss to the Houston Rockets on Friday night.

“You win the second quarter, third quarter and fourth quarter, but we didn’t come and bring enough force early in the game - not enough activity and not enough physicality,” coach Dave Joerger said.

--From CSNBayArea

They're on the road for the next 6 games, playing the Nets, Wizards, Sixers, Celtics, Knicks and Mavs. Here's hoping they can find a way to play with heart and intensity from start to finish.

#GoKings

They always say the right things, but it's the same story when the game starts. Don't tell me about it, show me. This road trip is going to be the nail in the coffin if they can't get their heads out of their asses in the first quarters of these games.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
They always say the right things, but it's the same story when the game starts. Don't tell me about it, show me. This road trip is going to be the nail in the coffin if they can't get their heads out of their asses in the first quarters of these games.
Glad you brought this up, this is going to be the same story through out the season. Whether it's versus the Mavericks/Sixers or the upper echelon teams.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Also, since the opening of the Barclays Center, the Kings have yet to win a game in that building. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they get out hustled here, the Nets aren't very good but they do compete, they have players that will get after it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
...Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they get out hustled here, the Nets aren't very good but they do compete, they have players that will get after it.
One of the few things ever to come out of Jerry Reynolds mouth that doesn't make me roll my eyes: hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Don't play with the starting unit

Collison
Temple or Afflalo
Gay
Casspi or Barnes
Cousins

Simple. Consistency. Don't try to match other teams
I'd be happy with any of this starting lineup combinations, but I'd probably throw Tolliver into the mix at PF as well. I'd rather have a bigger body to start out at PF and not be a liability against bigger PFs. I like the fact that we can "save" some of our SFs from the wear and tear of trying to guard a Griffin or Aldridge. I'm fine with going small at the end of the game, but if they're having to do it the entire game, those SFs could be pretty fatigued when we're in the 4th quarter.

Don't play with the starting unit

Collison
Temple or Afflalo
Gay
Casspi or Barnes
Cousins

Simple. Consistency. Don't try to match other teams
Its also important to realize that there is a special way to balance the chemistry of our bench. Lawson has looked much closer to the dynamic 2014-2015 version of himself without Cousins on the floor. He has had some nasty ball handling highlights in the past two games. I would also love it if Joerger could knock some sense into WCS and turn him into the defensive monster that he was born to be. Putting him and Temple on the floor at the same in order to get stops would be great

OK, YOU KNOW THE DRILL...:cool:

I_want_you_SAC_Kings_SMALL.jpg
Time to predict the results of Kings' game #17:
on the road vs the Nets, Sunday Nov 27, 6:00PM

To post your prediction, follow THIS LINK to the prediction game thread.

Leaders:
The full scoresheet can be found here: View attachment 5935
& the short leaderboard version here: View attachment 5934

Grading:
A reminder of the grading system can be found in this summary attachment: View attachment 5791

Rules:
  • Predictions are for the FINAL SCORE (official game result)
  • Predictions must be made ON THE PREDICTION THREAD.
  • Predictions must be made IN ADVANCE (before the game's tip-off).
Join the action!

Last edited:
Nets have won 7 straight at home against us.

They have a bad team, but they do lead the league in pace and are near the top in three's attempted, so I could see us getting boat raced out of the building if we come out like lazy slugs again and don't close out on shooters.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Hey let's defend threes by staying attached to said three point shooters because you know where they are because they have to be behind the three point line in order to shoot a three pointer :eek:.

tldr - dont crap the bed this game guys

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Don't remember where the question about how to improve the team is. I preached patience and stability. Our one year player Belinelli is hitting on 55% of his threes and Stauskas 48%.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
We may or may not have to stop Bogdanovic: the thing about Bogdanovic torching us in the past, was that he was coming off the bench, providing them with scoring that we weren't prepared for. They've introduced him into the starting lineup, without replacing him with a competent relief.

S

sactownfan

I see the coach is really learning to adjust the starting line up.... I mean KK and Cousins hasn't worked all year but maybe it will TODAY!!!!