[Game] Kings @ Nets 1-21 12:30pt/3:30et

Really early game, then a game the next day in Toronto.

The Nets are on a 16-5 stretch and Russel is playing well, averaging 20 pts and 7 assts. in his last 20 games. With all the Nets have gone through, with the pick swaps and no pick drafts, it is impressive that they have a winning record (24-23) in January for the first time since the 12'/13' season.

Not going to just let us win, hopefully we can come out guns blazing, move the ball and play some good D.

Early games always worry me. Hopefully the worry is unfounded.

Is there any reason why all these early games on a Monday night?
We have to respect Brooklyn of course, but its record is the proof the East really sucks.

Despite the early start, this game should be fun. Lemme tell ya why I figure; These teams are young with playoff aspirations, feeling good, and their well aware the other is the same, so I think this is gonna be one they'll both be charged up for.

Can't wait to see what Marvin is gonna do next.

Gotta think they are gonna throw the kitchen sink at Buddy.

Dinwiddie's been UNREAL for them recently, and he leads their backup unit like what we ask of Bogdan. He and Sabonis are in the lead for the 6th man race by a good bit.

The headline matchup in this one is De'Aaron vs D'Angelo Russell ---- Possibly the 2 best young PG's in the league... Both are lefties too. Should be fun. They're tough and we're fast as it gets.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kings don't fare well in these early games, the last one they had was in Milwaukee and we saw how that played out. Brooklyn is playing really well and they've beaten some solid teams during their run. I can't decide whether Russell will obliterate the Kings or Dinwiddie, either way, this is a L.

We gotta have this game today especially considering we are in a back to back in Toronto tomorrow. If we truly have playoff aspirations then we have to split these next 2 games. We will get beat badly if we play like we did against Detroit.

Last edited:
Kings don't fare well in these early games, the last one they had was in Milwaukee and we saw how that played out. Brooklyn is playing really well and they've beaten some solid teams during their run. I can't decide whether Russell will obliterate the Kings or Dinwiddie, either way, this is a L.
Wow! Looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

We should start Bagley over Bjelica today. No reason to delay the inevitable. I predicted this would happen over the next 10 games. I amend that to the next 5 games. It is going to happen. In 10 games this month Bjelica is only averaging 7 PPG and 28% on threes. His defense is not much better. Bagley needs to be on the floor more than D-Fox. It is a deadly duo running the floor and pick and roll. More touches for MB3 means less touches for Willie. Replacing Willie with Bagley is not likely because it is an easier adjustment defensively for Bagley with Willie and that has to be the coaches priority. Bjelica can be our designated gunner off the bench with Bogs and Yogi looking for him and maybe that will get him out of his funk.

I can't decide whether Russell will obliterate the Kings or Dinwiddie, either way, this is a L.
Jarrett Allen concerns me as much as these guys or more. He ran circles around Willie the last time they played. D-Fox gets hyped to defend against a guy like Russell. D-Fox can bother Russell with his speed. We will rotate a few guys on Dinwiddie, he's a very good player.

Another solid game from Willie today and I'm back on the "re-sign for anything" train. He's been good lately. Not stats good, but effort good. I swear ever since those Kanter rumors he's turned it up a notch. When he's playing hard, he is a major issue for other teams. Good test tonight vs Allen

Fox and Bogie HAVE to have good efficient games tonight, and they need to be aggressive. Can’t just be Buddy like the last couple games

I don’t like early games for us, but i have a good feeling about this one. how we start will be very important here

Wish I still lived in Brooklyn. Shoulda went to this game. Haven't seen Barclay's arena yet either. Used to get off on the train right there everyday.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
They better bring the defensive energy from the tip. I mean picking their guards up before the half court line with pressure, pressure and pressure. If Fox can only play 25 minutes of pressure basketball, then play him 25 minutes. He and Yogi and Shump and Bogs have got to bring it. SELL OUT ON DEFENSE! And the Kings back line better be prepared to help. After the Kings get the ball, they need to revert to form and push the ball down their throats. The Nets are a good hard working cohesive team. I'll be disappointed if the Kings play passively in this one.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Haven't watched many Kings games this season, but this one intrigues me, because the opponent makes it a compelling matchup. Two teams that fight all the way to the end, every night: maybe we'll see a 5OT war of attrition?