[Game] Kings @ Minnesota Timberwolves, 3/1/2024, 5:00p PT/8:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, telling you all that I've had a rather interesting past 24ish hours would slightly be considered lying, but yeah, I've had a pretty interesting past 24ish hours.

Hopefully the Kings can give me something nice to talk about and read about by the end of today.

Because, more than ever, lighting beans would certainly put a smile on my face, and allow me to forget (even if temporarily) the past 24ish hours of my life...

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well, telling you all that I've had a rather interesting past 24ish hours would slightly be considered lying, but yeah, I've had a pretty interesting past 24ish hours.

Hopefully the Kings can give me something nice to talk about and read about by the end of today.

Because, more than ever, lighting beans would certainly put a smile on my face, and allow me to forget (even if temporarily) the past 24ish hours of my life...

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
If I ever find the guy that switched your keyboard to Dvorak, I tell you, I'm gonna...

What happened in the last 24 hours? That is likely to be more interesting than this game tonight.
I will have to expand to include the past 1+ week, just to give you enough context, but here goes....

1. I saw early last week (when I accessed my bank account online) a couple of random charges on my credit card (both for the same amount, and with the same description). So I reported it and, as a result, had my credit card closed, and new one sent to me, which arrived in the mail yesterday.
2. Along with my new credit card, I was also greeted by a nice ol' Verizon bill claiming that I opened an account w/ multiple lines. I've never opened a Verizon account. In fact, my dad's name is on our account.
3. In going to the Verizon store near my house, it was discovered that some rando in OHIO opened this account, and was in the process of trying to add additional lines/phones to the account. So Verizon immediately blocked that account. The rep called their fraud department as well, and we reported it to them. I need to provide a couple of things to them in order for them to conduct a proper investigation (I am just waiting for one piece of information).
4. In addition to the Verizon bill that I received, a couple of days ago, I received a letter in the mail from Chase (I believe it was), asking me to provide documentation for verification purposes so they could successfully open an account I "was trying to open"...At the time of receiving and opening the letter, I didn't think much of it, until I saw the statement from Verizon. So I immediately called, and found out that, in fact, someone did try to open a credit card under my name, but the application was immediately flagged and denied, as they suspected fraud (THANK GOD!!!)

So, I spent most of my morning putting a freezing/locking my credit file with all three credit bureaus, so no one can pull my credit history just like that (should've been doing that already, but I've now learned my lesson), and reaching out to others to make sure my stuff's all safe.

And, now, if I wasn't paranoid enough by logging on to my online banking every couple of days to check my transaction history for any suspicious activity, I will now become paranoid enough...:p:p:p

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
I will have to expand to include the past 1+ week, just to give you enough context, but here goes....

1. I saw early last week (when I accessed my bank account online) a couple of random charges on my credit card (both for the same amount, and with the same description). So I reported it and, as a result, had my credit card closed, and new one sent to me, which arrived in the mail yesterday.
2. Along with my new credit card, I was also greeted by a nice ol' Verizon bill claiming that I opened an account w/ multiple lines. I've never opened a Verizon account. In fact, my dad's name is on our account.
3. In going to the Verizon store near my house, it was discovered that some rando in OHIO opened this account, and was in the process of trying to add additional lines/phones to the account. So Verizon immediately blocked that account. The rep called their fraud department as well, and we reported it to them. I need to provide a couple of things to them in order for them to conduct a proper investigation (I am just waiting for one piece of information).
4. In addition to the Verizon bill that I received, a couple of days ago, I received a letter in the mail from Chase (I believe it was), asking me to provide documentation for verification purposes so they could successfully open an account I "was trying to open"...At the time of receiving and opening the letter, I didn't think much of it, until I saw the statement from Verizon. So I immediately called, and found out that, in fact, someone did try to open a credit card under my name, but the application was immediately flagged and denied, as they suspected fraud (THANK GOD!!!)

So, I spent most of my morning putting a freezing/locking my credit file with all three credit bureaus, so no one can pull my credit history just like that (should've been doing that already, but I've now learned my lesson), and reaching out to others to make sure my stuff's all safe.

And, now, if I wasn't paranoid enough by logging on to my online banking every couple of days to check my transaction history for any suspicious activity, I will now become paranoid enough...:p:p:p
People suck.

I'll be thrilled when it feels like we have a real home court advantage. Hasn't been that way for the last two seasons, including losing games 5 and 7. Gives the feeling of an advantage not existing for this team.

Should be the best home court in the league, relative to overall record. Go something near .500 on the road and be really good to great at home

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
Do we know if Fox is still out?
Latest I've seen is that Fox participated in shoot-around, but is questionable and game-time decision. Most of the time when players participate in shoot-around they end up being good to go, but Fox did participate in shoot-around on Weds and then didn't go.

Went down this exact road back in September. The quagmire was a nightmare. Ultimately it got straightened out and we didn’t lose any money but when everything comes out automatically nowadays and all the accounts had to be closed… New ones had to be opened and set up. Cap’n is right. People suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.