Kings Media Day Round-Up 2022

Gotta say, one of the best things about Media Day and Training Camp reports is the absence of Buddy. Hearing themes of improvements in chemistry, cohesion, and more people having their voices heard, I’m guessing I’m not the only one feeling that way.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Gotta say, one of the best things about Media Day and Training Camp reports is the absence of Buddy. Hearing themes of improvements in chemistry, cohesion, and more people having their voices heard, I’m guessing I’m not the only one feeling that way.
For as much as many fans hated Buddy, I never got the impression the players did.

Don't put these positive themes down to Buddy being gone. Put these positive themes down to it being training camp season, when every player is in the Best Shape Of His Life, every team has its Best Chemistry Ever, and every team is Gunning For The Playoffs!

(Well, maybe not the Jazz. The Jazz have no illusions.)

For as much as many fans hated Buddy, I never got the impression the players did.

Don't put these positive themes down to Buddy being gone. Put these positive themes down to it being training camp season, when every player is in the Best Shape Of His Life, every team has its Best Chemistry Ever, and every team is Gunning For The Playoffs!

(Well, maybe not the Jazz. The Jazz have no illusions.)
Buddy may have been something of an acquired taste, building on what Hali has said about their relationship becoming positive over time. Being able to listen as well as talk goes a long way towards chemistry among individuals, and I get the distinct impression the current roster has that skill set.