[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - Sunday, Dec. 16 - 4 PT/7ET

Sure, with Demarcus Cousins back in 2 weeks. That’s one player you completely forgot. You think WCS or Bagley is going to stop him?
I kinda have a feeling that trying to integrate DMC into their already crowded ego team may cause more problems than it solves. They already have shaky chemistry as it is right now.

The last time I checked, every team plays with just one ball.

And DMC not getting the ball like he is used to, and also in a contract year, may not end as happily for the GSW title hope, as they may be hoping for.

Playoff Possibility is real. Kings are consistently in every game. The trade deadline will be interesting for most teams in the West. So much Parity. No one can really separate. Kings need to put together a solid winning streak. 6-7 games in row.

I like Bagley. But, Luka is generational. I don’t want to hear about comparisons to Bagley. Per 36, Minutes played, and Luka played in Europe. That’s straight garbage.

The Kid is 19! Next level.

Can you fathom Luka and Fox together.
Free agents would love to make Sac their new home. In addition, a top flight free agent would make the Kings a championship contender within 2’years.

Someone really, really messed up!
Eh, if you wanna take the ball outta Fox’ hands and consistently have him play slow in the halfcourt with Luka, then have at it.

No thanks. Maybe with the Fox we saw last season but not anymore

I just started watching my recording of the game. I was just thinking that the Kings have pieces. Even with two of the team's big minute players out the Kings still have several talented players to put on the floor. I already know the box score, and just want to add that for the Kings to win on the road against a solid Western Conference team after what could have been a discouraging loss shows that not only does our team have the talent, but also the mentality needed to succeed. The Kindom's future is bright.

If there was a way we could get Dorian Finney Smith without giving up much that would be unreal also I really think switching Yogi and Frank has been a great move Yogi despite the so-so shooting tonight was huge in the 2nd half and always brings energy he's a little spark plug.

Fox is just a next level player the thing I really like about him and Bagley is despite being skinny both are physical players.

Another positive from this game was that it was our best game from the free throw line at 90.5%. Free throws have been one of our biggest weaknesses and I feel like it's cost us some wins. If we can be a decent team from the line that would be huge. Especially come playoff time. You can't shoot free throws terribly as a team and expect to win any playoff games.

what up all with Doncic.. We have Bogdan.. heard Doncic didn't wanna play here.. Bagley is going to be great... Kings are rocking
I know you can't prove this and some guys will attack/challenge you for saying it.... but I believe that too. Can't prove it but it is plausible. Tangent for another thread but... yeah.

I’m not sure they will make it this year, but they will absolutely be in the hunt. There have been many games that I have been pumped and pleasantly surprised, but I think this is the first game, after a crushing loss on Friday, that I came away convinced we are actually a really good team and that this is sustainable. I feel myself now moving from a feeling of “sweet, we are a fun team and surprising people’ to “we are actually one of the better teams in the league”
I think a win tonight and 2 out of 3 wins against the irritating Los Angeles teams end of the month and we are in the playoffs. And the more I watch the kids, the more I am convinced of a real chance of making to the first round.

"The Kings would be a 15 win team without Cousins" - .......

What's crazy is the team is playing exactly how they played that one game after Cousins was traded against Denver when everyone was shocked they could play that well but now they have done it for like close to 30 games.

Last edited:
We must have really sucked when we had Cousins. I was glad he left and we dodged the big one when he got hurt.
Cousins is no LeBron but look what just one player can do for a team and with cousins technicals and missing games and usage and and and.
He is a very good player but watching the technical he got from the bench in street clothes earlier this year shows he still hasn’t grown up.
I can see him signing with them next year and Kevin leaving and if that happens the warriors will become a 45 win ceiling team soon after. If Kevin stays and Cousins played a position like he did on the Olympic team did they just maybe unbearable for the rest of the league.

Cuz is the man!

Ok, he’s going to be a bust in a juggernaut.
I definitely see that happening. Not.

He’s playing on a 1 year deal, he played like a monster in NO before getting injured last year.

He’s gettting that ring this year. I would bet my rental properties on it.

I can’t stand the Dubs.
But, at full strength with that lineup.
Livingston, Iggy back.
Not taking into account what they will do at the deadline. It’s theirs to lose.
DMC is not at full strength and will not be this season. The W's have been golden these past few seasons. Fate has a way of evening things out. Lets see how it plays out.

Another positive from this game was that it was our best game from the free throw line at 90.5%. Free throws have been one of our biggest weaknesses and I feel like it's cost us some wins. If we can be a decent team from the line that would be huge. Especially come playoff time. You can't shoot free throws terribly as a team and expect to win any playoff games.
INDEED!!!!

Great win. The Kings are playing better defense all the time. Fox on Luka was brilliant. Bjelica had 4 blocks and played some great interior defense, which the Kings have really needed. He also got 10 boards. KK got 7 in 16 minutes. Willie did okay with 8 boards and 1 block while is opponent Jordan had 1 block and 23 rebounds.

I liked Joerger's comment last night. "I have never had a team play this fast before, but I have never had a player like Fox before."
The Fox and Buddy were great.

it was premature overreaction and labeling him as a player who could one day develop a jumpshot and maybe lead a team. Not you, me or anyone on here can say with any certainty how a player will fare down the road or from year to year in terms of development. What we look for are glimpses and IQ and Fox demonstrated both in a rookie season that had many downs but a good amount of flashes too. The same point I want to make here about Bagley, he's showing and producing in limited minutes that he has the IT factor. Whether he reaches that is solely on him.
I agree but many who were critical of Fox last year were critical of his performance not saying he had no future. I think Fox has shown how impactful he can be when he does play well. Teams now have to choose do you help on Fox in which case he is finding the open shooters or do you let him get to the rim. Even if Fox couldn’t shoot at all doing this one thing is huge for the team.

We must have really sucked when we had Cousins. I was glad he left and we dodged the big one when he got hurt.
Cousins is no LeBron but look what just one player can do for a team and with cousins technicals and missing games and usage and and and.
He is a very good player but watching the technical he got from the bench in street clothes earlier this year shows he still hasn’t grown up.
I can see him signing with them next year and Kevin leaving and if that happens the warriors will become a 45 win ceiling team soon after. If Kevin stays and Cousins played a position like he did on the Olympic team did they just maybe unbearable for the rest of the league.
Cousins was a great talent with awful intangibles. Fox has great, developing talent with elite intangibles. That is one of the big differences. Fox lifts the team while you could physically and emotionally see Cousins suck the life out of the team at times on the court. That's not to put it all on Cousins, but trying to build a winner around him was never gonna work. He was always gonna be best as a 2nd or 3rd guy in a good environment that would keep him in check.

Fox just may be our vision of the pick and roll . Once he beats his man the interior defense has the choice to try and stop him and give up the lob or let him score at the rim.

The thing I saw him do last night really impressed me when he got the offensive rebound dribbled under the basket like he was going to the other side and then just turned around the defender to the middle for a layup.

The kid is good!!!

Luka is for sure going to be an elite offensive player but will most definitely get exposed on defense, especially in the playoffs. As far as the Luka/Bagley debate goes i was fully in the Bagley corner and still am. I had no doubt in my mind that Luka would be the better player this year but after a year to develop i think we are talking about Bagley the way we are talking about Fox now. Luka is a DAMN GOOD but with Fox, Hield and Bogie already on the roster I'm 1000% convinced we drafted the right player. PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!

dude12

Hall of Famer
Luka is for sure going to be an elite offensive player but will most definitely get exposed on defense, especially in the playoffs. As far as the Luka/Bagley debate goes i was fully in the Bagley corner and still am. I had no doubt in my mind that Luka would be the better player this year but after a year to develop i think we are talking about Bagley the way we are talking about Fox now. Luka is a DAMN GOOD but with Fox, Hield and Bogie already on the roster I'm 1000% convinced we drafted the right player. PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!
I’m with you now.....Bagley is going to be a 20 and 10 guy without needing the ball as much as the other guys. I believe he’s going to be the best guy from this draft. He’s got the right staff to bring him along.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Great win. The Kings are playing better defense all the time. Fox on Luka was brilliant. Bjelica had 4 blocks and played some great interior defense, which the Kings have really needed. He also got 10 boards. KK got 7 in 16 minutes. Willie did okay with 8 boards and 1 block while is opponent Jordan had 1 block and 23 rebounds.

I liked Joerger's comment last night. "I have never had a team play this fast before, but I have never had a player like Fox before."
The Fox and Buddy were great.
And right after Joerger said that about Fox he shook his head and said, "Wow, just wow" about Fox. Joerger isn't exactly effusive when it comes to compliments about his players. If he give two "wows" about a player, that's about as good as it's going to get.

The Kings defense has been all over the place in terms of intensity and effectiveness. Now they have an extra gear when they play really aggressively on the defensive end. The fourth quarter last night was, I hope, shades of things to come.

Yogi took a charge. Bogi takes charges. Fox and Buddy take charges. When was the last time a Kings playing the 4 or 5 took a charge? The defense last night at the end really got me going. It is the missing piece. There is plenty of hope for the future. I did not feel this way at the beginning of the year. Bjelica's 4 blocks were magnificent.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll say it again because I really hope people are noticing: Another big change is the ability of the Kings to avoid fouling a shooter behind the arc. With one exception last night (and one where the shooter got the benefit of the Reggie Miller call), the Kings did not send a player to the line for 3 freebies. That's a huge and significant improvement over last year. Kings aren't biting on the pump fake...and that's the result of good coaching and focus during practice.

Damn, I LOVE THIS TEAM!