Kings Magic Number for Playoffs?

What Kings win total, w/ 29 games left, would slip them into the '19 playoffs as an 8th seed?

• 20 wins (Final record 48-34)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 19 wins (Final record 47-35)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 18 wins (Final record 46-36)

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • 17 wins (Final record 45-37)

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • 16 wins (Final record 44-38)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • 15 wins (Final record 43-39)

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • 14 wins (Final record 42-40)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13 wins (Final record 41-41)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Too unlikely to make the playoffs this year with 40 wins or less

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the Kings have definitely improved with the new acquisitions. Whether or not the Kings can make the playoffs or even seize the 7th seed now depends on how soon and how smoothly the new guys can adapt to the Kings system. I think earlier in the season Joerger commented that he was keeping the offense simple because of having so many young guys and I assume it is still relatively simple so maybe that will help their transition.

I am curious to see how they play against Denver. They were kind of discombobulated against the Heat but managed to pull out a last second win. I know Phoenix was a win, but I wasn’t all that impressed with the way the team looked. Phoenix is really bad and played like it. They were no challenge at all. I don’t expect a win in Denver, they are 24-4 at home. They are really good and the home court advantage there is a lot to overcome. But, I would like to see more team play and at least be competitive and let Denver know they were in a game.

One thing I am not clear on, Joerger was asked about practice during the all-star break and he commented he’d love to, but it is illegal (not allowed). The Kings are off 7 days during the all-star break. Is there any period of that time they are allowed to practice? I realize several Kings will be involved in all-star events and that will take up 3 or 4 days, and players have travel plans as well, but are they allowed to practice any of the remaining days? I would assume at least a couple days?

With 2 days rest our focus has to be starting off well v Denver.

We absolutely need 4 block Willie out there for this one.

One game at a time, do not give up 8th now you have it

I think 45 at least. And in looking realistically at their remaining schedule vs. the other teams they are battling, I see 13-13 and the other teams having an easier road. Should be a fun 2nd half

Isn’t it funny how the tide has turned and we find ourselves wanting to see teams like Memphis hurt their tank efforts by knocking odd teams like San Antonio?

It’s easy to see how other nba fans would be frustrated with Sac for tanking so hard for so many seasons.

Even though the Knicks have lost 17 straight (that might actually be hard to do), I think Memphis may have the worst roster in the league. After Conley and Jaren J, the talent level falls off a cliff and hits a hundred branches otw down to zero talent.

Strangely enough, the slower, craftier big guys are the type WCS usually has trouble with. Him vs. Jokic scares me a little bit. Jokic is a beast.

And have you seen their shooting guard Malik Beasley? Guy is on absolute fire. He went from bench nothing to rising scorer so quickly. I read that during the offseason he watched every single shot he took last season and figured out what he was doing wrong, and worked to fix it. Yea...it worked.

Regardless, I'm hoping we can sneak in a W tomorrow. Unlikely, but maybe we have a gem.

Strangely enough, the slower, craftier big guys are the type WCS usually has trouble with. Him vs. Jokic scares me a little bit. Jokic is a beast.

And have you seen their shooting guard Malik Beasley? Guy is on absolute fire. He went from bench nothing to rising scorer so quickly. I read that during the offseason he watched every single shot he took last season and figured out what he was doing wrong, and worked to fix it. Yea...it worked.

Regardless, I'm hoping we can sneak in a W tomorrow. Unlikely, but maybe we have a gem.
Must leave it all out there. Heavy minutes to whoever is producing and get it done. Feed the hot hand.

All star break coming and a good 7 day break. Get the win then go into the warrior matchup fully refereshed whilst all their starters come back from partying in Curry's hometown

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
One thing I am not clear on, Joerger was asked about practice during the all-star break and he commented he’d love to, but it is illegal (not allowed). The Kings are off 7 days during the all-star break. Is there any period of that time they are allowed to practice? I realize several Kings will be involved in all-star events and that will take up 3 or 4 days, and players have travel plans as well, but are they allowed to practice any of the remaining days? I would assume at least a couple days?
I think there is a certain time frame set aside as part of the collective bargaining agreement that teams can't hold organized practices, etc. I bet the players could organize something themselves if they want, but they probably can't have a coach there running things, etc. You aren't going to stop some players from doing it on their own. ;)

I think there is a certain time frame set aside as part of the collective bargaining agreement that teams can't hold organized practices, etc. I bet the players could organize something themselves if they want, but they probably can't have a coach there running things, etc. You aren't going to stop some players from doing it on their own. ;)
They can practice either Tuesday or Wednesday be for the next game. Players can workout on their own.

Lakers lost to the Hawks lolz
It's starting to look like that 7th seed could be ours. We hold the tiebreaker with the Spurs and that's done and dusted. Hoo boy would this be a sweet win to head into the break with. I feel our guys are going to be super motivated tonight. I'm predicting a win. Nugs will be busy accommodating IT's ego in his return and will suffer defensively and flow-wise for it. This game has upset written all over it.

It's starting to look like that 7th seed could be ours. We hold the tiebreaker with the Spurs and that's done and dusted. Hoo boy would this be a sweet win to head into the break with. I feel our guys are going to be super motivated tonight. I'm predicting a win. Nugs will be busy accommodating IT's ego in his return and will suffer defensively and flow-wise for it. This game has upset written all over it.
I'd like to think so, but there are many games left. Reality is, any of the teams below the Thunder to the Mavericks even are in play. With such a big bunch-up, a winning streak of 4 or more is like a playoff booster, ignited, but conversely a losing streak, a quagmire. As has been mentioned, the Kings need strong rebounding tonight. Cauley Stein cannot put in a marginal game like against the Heat.

With Spurs loss today, the Kings control their playoff destiny. We have at least 2 wins in the bag vs Spurs so we can claim the tie-breaker by beating them next time.

it's on us!
It's a 3 game series against the Spurs I think - so they've already won that series. tiebreaker..... but yes its gonna take more than depending on another team to fail though. Kings are gonna have to beat teams behind them consistently and win a good bunch against teams ahead of them. Currently 14-9 is the record to shoot for.....means they'll at least have to have a small bunch of 2-game win streaks (four to five) or a few 3-game ones, best would be a big 4+ game win streak....that would greatly help, and then go even most rest of the way. Things need to continue well with a challenging T-Wolves game still not far off themselves from the Kings.

I do wanna point out the Knicks are a different team with DSJr there. His numbers might not be as gaudy as Doncic but he has a good imprint on the game. The last 2 drafts will be very strong in ushering a new era to the league.

Glad we got Bagley tho. I would almost hate for him to start as much firepower as he brings off the bench. Dude comes in HUNGRY and ready to eat each time. We need to see him start at some point but damn you can feed him all day from the block and it's just worlds different from anyone in the league really. Very few dudes can ear like he can from that spot.

Bags can eat from rim to rim once he figures it out. He gets overzealous at times as any rookie is prone to do but from game to game in just his rookie season you can see he really is a power forward with small forward skills.