[Game] Kings @ Magic, 11/05/2022 2pm Pacific, 5pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get the feeling that the refs took some care not to completely blow multiple important calls for the Kings? It seemed to me that the officiating crew paid some attention to this. One such instance was the foul on Bol Bol when he swiped at the ball while Fox had it cuffed on a layup attempt. If Fox got the same officiating everyone else got we would be a better team.

Anyone else get the feeling that the refs took some care not to completely blow multiple important calls for the Kings? It seemed to me that the officiating crew paid some attention to this. One such instance was the foul on Bol Bol when he swiped at the ball while Fox had it cuffed on a layup attempt. If Fox got the same officiating everyone else got we would be a better team.
I noticed this too, a play where Fox seemed to make eye contact with a ref and managed to score a late whistle.

I will say the refs were probably equally terrible. I noticed a lot of Magic fans saying they were robbed, but there was a charge or non charge (or both) plus a few travels that went against us, and well uh, the penultimate play of the game was quite possibly a foul that lead to a tie.

I will say the refs were probably equally terrible. I noticed a lot of Magic fans saying they were robbed, but there was a charge or non charge (or both) plus a few travels that went against us, and well uh, the penultimate play of the game was quite possibly a foul that lead to a tie.
When Suggs bulldozed a backpedaling Fox.

It was an odd game to watch after the fact for sure. Even though Orlando had a healthy lead, I never got the sense they were in control of the game. The Kings defense was poor but overall I didn't think their performance warranted such a big deficit. Obviously we know how the second half went.

I do have hope that the Kings can get into the 16-18 range defensively and hopefully a more seasoned Murray in the second half of he year will help with that. He has shown flashes of being a plus defender but did a really poor job on several of Wagoneer's drives. Most rookies suck at defense so I guess some growing pains can be expected. Keegan is in a pretty major shooting slump that has now covered 14 quarters. Pretty bizarre for a player who's calling card is consistency so far in his young career. Still, he has taken good shots and he will likely come around.

Sabonis is looking more and more comfortable and has clearly been motivated by our forum's poll results suggesting he is now our third leading scorer.

How many games this year have at least 4 starters had a good game at the same time? That has to happen regularly if we are going to compete

It was an odd game to watch after the fact for sure. Even though Orlando had a healthy lead, I never got the sense they were in control of the game. The Kings defense was poor but overall I didn't think their performance warranted such a big deficit. Obviously we know how the second half went.

I do have hope that the Kings can get into the 16-18 range defensively and hopefully a more seasoned Murray in the second half of he year will help with that. He has shown flashes of being a plus defender but did a really poor job on several of Wagoneer's drives. Most rookies suck at defense so I guess some growing pains can be expected. Keegan is in a pretty major shooting slump that has now covered 14 quarters. Pretty bizarre for a player who's calling card is consistency so far in his young career. Still, he has taken good shots and he will likely come around.

Sabonis is looking more and more comfortable and has clearly been motivated by our forum's poll results suggesting he is now our third leading scorer.

How many games this year have at least 4 starters had a good game at the same time? That has to happen regularly if we are going to compete
None. And you can certainly argue we'd be damn near unbeatable if all 5 players were playing at their absolute best, but that's probably true of most teams in the league

This puts it in perspective. They've won 3 of their last 4 and the only loss came on a shot that shouldn't have counted. The next 5 games will tell us a lot. GS is reeling with 5 straight losses, the Nets and Lakers are the two most dysfunctional franchises in the league right now, and Cleveland is 7-1 but has yet to face a Western conference opponent. There's a chance to build some momentum here.
This schedule is insane. Struggling or not, playing the Warriors 3 times in two weeks is something no Eastern conference team has to deal with.

Yes! I thought there were some bad calls, but the officiating didn’t seem one-sided. That’s the main thing we ask.

This. Idc what anyone says

People are saying winning ugly is still winning. Winning ugly = committing to a style that leads to winning. Like the current Grizz or the Buster Posey Giants or the Trent Dilfer Ravens.

Going down by double digits against two horrible teams over the last three games in one half of the game and then coming back, because those horrible teams continue to be horrible (either because of a lack of players or experience) is a sign of a team that is just not very good.

How many games do you expect to win, when you suck so hard, you go from a 4 point fave pre-game to only have a 16% chance of winning by half time? How well do you really think this team is playing when it's expected (past data) and projected (future outcome based on past data) win rate continues to be in the bottom 10 of the league?
I got some news for you. The Orlando Magic are a very good team, just young:)

That was an interesting one for sure. Suggs was completely out of control, how does Fox not commit a foul by that standard without the ability to just teleport out of the way and give Suggs a free path?
Yeah, I really don't get that one at all. The L2M report says that Fox delivered body contact on the drive. What the hell was he supposed to do???

Status
Not open for further replies.