[Game] Kings @ Magic, 11/05/2022 2pm Pacific, 5pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
so it may not be popular but I will say it….

it was a poorly played game for much of the game. Playing another lottery team close and hitting a prayer to win against another lottery team is kind of quintessentially Kings game we have seen for the past 10 years.

if our team were all under our 3rd year in the NBA I might feel differently. To me this game isn’t much to celebrate.
This is where I think our expectations are all out of whack because we don't even remember what it feels like to be a fan of a winning NBA team anymore. Winning ugly is still winning. Very very few teams are as robo-efficient as the Spurs always seem to be, plenty of elite teams still make big mistakes and then come back to win. As much as we want to will this team along, they are not going to be a 62+ win team. The goal right now is to have a chance to win in every game and they've done that so far in 7 out of 8.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is where I think our expectations are all out of whack because we don't even remember what it feels like to be a fan of a winning NBA team anymore. Winning ugly is still winning. Very very few teams are as robo-efficient as the Spurs always seem to be, plenty of elite teams still make big mistakes and then come back to win. As much as we want to will this team along, they are not going to be a 62+ win team. The goal right now is to have a chance to win in every game and they've done that so far in 7 out of 8.
If memory serves me correct, even the prime robo Spurs once almost blew a double digit lead in two minutes to the Tyreke Evans Kings

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Bol shooting like that is a statistical anomaly that can be disregarded, to an extent. Of much greater concern for Kings Fans should be that y'all let Wagner get his go-to shot, virtually unchallenged, on what felt like nine possessions in a row.
The lack of any kind of interior shot blocking presence is glaring, to be sure. That's what killed us against Memphis too.

Ahhhhh, the labels. Gotta love them. He has an opposing view, isn't that allowed on an opinion forum?

I don't think Fox makes guys around him better. I think we traded away the wrong guy. So what? Does that opinion directly effect you? Just cause the kings beat a bad orlando team doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed or shamed from addressing the many issues that probably should have lost us the game? If everyone agrees that makes a bad team forum, IMO.........
Here we go again...

Don't fall to the "Just because option A is being called out, that means options B-Z have now been prohibited to be used" strawman argument. Obviously, everyone can have any opinion on anything they desire, no matter how right or wrong they are.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Here we go again...

Don't fall to the "Just because option A is being called out, that means options B-Z have now been prohibited to be used" strawman argument. Obviously, everyone can have any opinion on anything they desire, no matter how right or wrong they are.
People are entitled to be totally wrong (as I have been many times), they just shouldn’t be total ****s about it.

Personally I think its the sign of a mature fan base to question the team or players even when they win. It shows that we expect a lot more than what we are currently seeing. Just my opinion.
Again, we are debating apples vs oranges here.

troll... ahem... lemme drop the label and just quote this, "Intentionally agitating other posters =/= "having an opposing view""

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kings just need to hold on and not eliminate themselves in these first 20 games. You see the signs, but man there's a lot of kinks to work out. Great to see a star effort from fox and sabonis in the same game
Barnes looking good down the stretch is really encouraging. After a slow start, Monk has earned every bit of his contract AND shown himself to be much more capable of running an offense than I thought he’d be. Now it’s just an issue of getting some of the other ancillary pieces to join in.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Ahhhhh, the labels. Gotta love them. He has an opposing view, isn't that allowed on an opinion forum?

I don't think Fox makes guys around him better. I think we traded away the wrong guy. So what? Does that opinion directly effect you? Just cause the kings beat a bad orlando team doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed or shamed from addressing the many issues that probably should have lost us the game? If everyone agrees that makes a bad team forum, IMO.........
Well, it’s just my opinion based on what is posted.

Kings just need to hold on and not eliminate themselves in these first 20 games. You see the signs, but man there's a lot of kinks to work out. Great to see a star effort from fox and sabonis in the same game
Domas even more so, the way he was missing the gimmes to a point where Mike Brown subbed him out right after the 5th miss or something.

And he just kept persevering and managed to stay out of foul trouble to be present till the final whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.