[Game] Kings @ Lakers, Friday April 30th 7:30 Pacific, 10:30 Eastern

Meaningless win, but I gotta admit — I tuned in for most the 4th quarter and it was fun to watch. And beating that purple and gold $#/t show is always enjoyable. No matter the circumstances.

If you didn’t see the game, I don’t recommend seeking highlights out on ESPN. Their LBJ propaganda is always in full effect. Every highlight clip and soundbyte is about him, per usual. IDK that NBA.com will be any better, as most media subscribe to the same playbook nowadays, but I’d take my chances going to that site if you must see highlights.

Better yet, go to youtube and search KINGS there. Someone will have uploaded KINGS centric highlights there. Or at least more impartial coverage.

I love it when LBJ loses. He’s such a poseur.
Straight truth.

Funny for me to reflect that I used to like and defend the guy the first half of his career.

Now he’s not very far behind the Bearded Hag with regard to players I don’t tolerate very well.

Tremendous talent. But vastly overrated. And became an insufferable prima-donna once he left Cleveland and a was part of couple championships with Dwayne Wade and Ray Allen, who were actually the closers for those teams.

true so the smart thing would have been to tank this year for a top talent and perhaps do a 1 year more rebuild.

The Kings front court is bad.
* Barnes is a 4th or 5th starter. Notice we barely missed him tonight
* Bagley is a bust with poor defensive footwork 3 years into the league. The fact he didn’t stay in Sac and work on it but instead ran home to daddy sealed my opinion.
* Holmes is a great energy big but is limited

Absent getting lucky we are looking at another 5 year rebuild. RealGM is already betting how long before Fox demands a trade.

I think Bagley looked good I don't agree with just dumping Him, let him develop injury free and have a coach that can put him in spots that utilize his strengths. Just dumping him would be the ultimate sell low and kind of dumb if they have the money to pay a little more.

Granted I've barely watched any games this season.

I think buddy hield is horrible, I think he should be on the bench permanently. Just sloppy and I don't think a very high IQ basketball player.

Haliburton is so legit, that guy was a gem.

Also props to the bigs for playing tough and getting rebounds and props to the guards in that late 3rd and 4th for also playing tough and scrappy.

Delon wright and haliburton I think did well playing the point.
Bags was minus 10 and every time he came in the game the ball stopped. The fact he was on a minutes restriction was too bad.

true so the smart thing would have been to tank this year for a top talent and perhaps do a 1 year more rebuild.

The Kings front court is bad.
* Barnes is a 4th or 5th starter. Notice we barely missed him tonight
* Bagley is a bust with poor defensive footwork 3 years into the league. The fact he didn’t stay in Sac and work on it but instead ran home to daddy sealed my opinion.
* Holmes is a great energy big but is limited

Absent getting lucky we are looking at another 5 year rebuild. RealGM is already betting how long before Fox demands a trade.
The problem with Barnes is that he does not miss enough games for people to notice he's not missed at all. Barnes is right there with Rudy Gay/Wiggins/Jeff Green in terms of guys who physically and skillfully look the part but in reality are invisible most of the time.

The problem with Barnes is that he does not miss enough games for people to notice he's not missed at all. Barnes is right there with Rudy Gay/Wiggins/Jeff Green in terms of guys who physically and skillfully look the part but in reality are invisible most of the time.
Haha, well not much more than Harkless. Had we not acquired Harkless who is a DNP on a good team we might have had a clear direction.

Straight truth.

Funny for me to reflect that I used to like and defend the guy the first half of his career.

Now he’s not very far behind the Bearded Hag with regard to players I don’t tolerate very well.

Tremendous talent. But vastly overrated. And became an insufferable prima-donna once he left Cleveland and a was part of couple championships with Dwayne Wade and Ray Allen, who were actually the closers for those teams.
thanks for the comedy

Right. Tanking never guaranteed anything for us before
Yeah, I'm not a big tank guy, the Kings luck is always going to be a factor anyway and the way they've blown the once in a lifetime chance when they moved it up to 2 by the way they've tanked Bagley is enough bad karma to make sure they never jump again, lol. My issue is with the time being spent and on who it's being spent on. These are valuable DEVELOPMENT opportunities that last year went to players like Nemanja Bjelica, Harry Giles, Kent Bazemore, and Alex Len. It's hard not to see the parallels as bubble players like Damian Jones, nearly out of the league role players like Maurice Harkless, and impending FA's like Holmes are soaking up the minutes that need to be invested in pieces that have more guarantees associated with their futures or more of an unknown future that needs discovering. These are all part of the reasons why this franchise has seen teams pass by them in both directions for nearly 15 years now. There is almost no mathematical way Montes deadline plan is going to work now and he kept Walton on thinking he'd get it back on track. That was his first and last mistake because Walton was never going to push this team where he wanted it to go. Now the question is whether or not he's also going to let him continue to clean up his own record on the back end and stymie what little benefit they can still extract from these precious in game minutes. Minutes that are ticking away faster with each and every game.

Last edited: