[Game] Kings @ Lakers, Friday April 30th 7:30 Pacific, 10:30 Eastern

The context that the Lakers at full strength lost to a bad team missing its one bonafide star and the one guy on the team capable of not just getting casually destroyed by Lebron?
Their context is a whole different thing haha. Like a classic LeBron team they might have got a little too comfortable in an off year.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Am I pro tanking? Yes. Do I love this win over the lakers? HELL YES!!!
I especially love the 4th quarter numbers. How embarrassing for the Lakers. Especially since we only scored 5 more points than we did the other night when we got throttled by almost 50.

It's a WIN. It's the GD Lakers. Seriously I'm sorry, if you can't enjoy a win against the Lakers you have issues.
Hmm, nah...

The only thing this is about is the residual rivalry from our golden years which by themselves were pretty sub-standard by any metric of a non-poverty NBA franchise.

I could say the same thing about dwelling on this twenty-year old nothing rivalry. The Lakers, neither their fans, players, nor organization even think about us, we aren't an inkling of anything in their brains.

And for the record, I'd be a lot be satisfied taking a win against the Lakers if they actually took care of business with their tank. But the wosses keep piling up; you can't keep making excuses for the occasional win when they're happening too much.

We don't have time for this anymore. They already blew it.

I think Bagley looked good I don't agree with just dumping Him, let him develop injury free and have a coach that can put him in spots that utilize his strengths. Just dumping him would be the ultimate sell low and kind of dumb if they have the money to pay a little more.

Granted I've barely watched any games this season.

I think buddy hield is horrible, I think he should be on the bench permanently. Just sloppy and I don't think a very high IQ basketball player.

Haliburton is so legit, that guy was a gem.

Also props to the bigs for playing tough and getting rebounds and props to the guards in that late 3rd and 4th for also playing tough and scrappy.

Delon wright and haliburton I think did well playing the point.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Whatever. When the kings jump to top 4 in the lottery. You guys can look back at this game as the game that put them at the lucky spot.
We were never getting in the top 4 without a lot of luck. After those picks it's a total crap shoot. Fox and Barnes are out, we're going to lose more than we win. Even in a down year there are moments where you can smile once in a while.

If the Lakers lose Game 7 away in the playoffs this year I can smile inside knowing we helped that happen before we worry about who we didn't get to draft at 6 instead of 7.

We were never getting in the top 4 without a lot of luck. After those picks it's a total crap shoot. Fox and Barnes are out, we're going to lose more than we win. Even in a down year there are moments where you can smile once in a while.

If the Lakers lose Game 7 away in the playoffs this year I can smile inside knowing we helped that happen before we worry about who we didn't get to draft at 6 instead of 7.
I was thinking more a win tonight dropped them to a half game above Dallas. A kings loss against Dallas brings them closer to pushing the lakers to the 6th seed and a possible matchup against the clippers. Or better yet if the lakers drop to 7th and are forced to the playins and get bounced out there, it will be even better.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Also we have two friggin studs in the back court which is the 2020s equivalent of having a dominant center.

We have a horrid coach who will be gone soon.

Life will be better.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member

Obviously Tyrese should have taken sleeping pills or something, knowing that a loss here would have be eminently important in our steady match to the seventh overall pick in the draft.
Luke should have benched him and played all bigs with a cherry picker. You know because winning on the back of our stud rookie is the worst thing ever.

Also you can never find players like that outside the top 3.

I think Bagley looked good I don't agree with just dumping Him, let him develop injury free and have a coach that can put him in spots that utilize his strengths. Just dumping him would be the ultimate sell low and kind of dumb if they have the money to pay a little more.

Granted I've barely watched any games this season.

I think buddy hield is horrible, I think he should be on the bench permanently. Just sloppy and I don't think a very high IQ basketball player.

Haliburton is so legit, that guy was a gem.

Also props to the bigs for playing tough and getting rebounds and props to the guards in that late 3rd and 4th for also playing tough and scrappy.

Delon wright and haliburton I think did well playing the point.
Buddy had the highest +/-, had 7 assists, 2 steals, 6 boards (tied for second with Delon Wright behind Holmes despite your "props to the bigs for getting rebounds") and 1 TO, and played some pretty good D on AD in the 4th. Shot just wasn't falling and got blocked multiple times. He wasn't great and didn't score, but he found other ways to impact the game when his shot wasn't falling - I would not say this performance was horrible overall.

Obviously Tyrese should have taken sleeping pills or something, knowing that a loss here would have been eminently important in our steady march to the seventh overall pick in the draft.
Frankly, I'm disappointed with the immaturity. Doesn't he know that him stepping up in a big way and playing well is ACTIVELY hurting the Kings tank chances? How selfish can he be honestly? Like, him being affected by losing by 49 points and wanting to step up the next game is just childish "short-term" thinking that's got to stop if this team ever wants to accomplish it's goal of landing the 7th lottery odds.

Tyrese the last 4 games.

35.6 MPG
18.5 PPG
9.0 APG
3.0 RPG
1.8 SPG
3.0 TO/game
24.6 USG
56% TS

Selfish. Dude thinks playing like a near all-star is good for the long-term health of his team? Or that beating a healthy Lakers squad after losing by 49 actually matters for the mental health of the team?

Tyrese the last 4 games.

35.6 MPG
18.5 PPG
9.0 APG
3.0 RPG
1.8 SPG
3.0 TO/game
24.6 USG
56% TS

Selfish. Dude thinks playing like a near all-star is good for the long-term health of his team? Or that beating a healthy Lakers squad after losing by 49 actually matters for the mental health of the team?
Someone should remind him his ceiling is a role player or that his shot won’t translate.

Haliburton is very good finally both a very high IQ player and has decent athletic ability I cannot remember the last time the Kings had a young player that had both., but in saying that this has been the most Kings season ever they can't win and get a decent seed nor are they capable of tanking it's incredible.