[Game] Kings @ Lakers, 11/26/21 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's one of the things that makes travel so difficult in areas like that. You just want to go see everything. And you could take a year vacation and still miss things.

We might be taking a family trip to Europe this summer. Kind of a mini-repeat of my previous trip for my wife and son to experience some of Europe. We are likely hitting London, Paris, and Munich as the big cities, with some excursions into nearby areas as we can. The problem is, with only a couple weeks (instead of the 5± weeks we had in the '80's with my folks), you can only hit some of the highlights and not dig as deep into the outlying areas. But it is what it is, and getting a taste of it is better than never going at all!

One of my frustrations from our previous trip was that back then we didn't take a lot of photos to begin with (had cheap cameras, paying for film, development, etc.) and I can't find those photos right now. I want to go again (now that digital photography is basically free) and experience it all again. It was so long ago and I was pretty young. I really regret not having a bunch of photos from that trip to remember it all better.
I’ll be In Europe a decent amount over the next few years, because of my wife new role auditing a number of biotech production facilities in England, Switzerland, and Italy. Going to tag along with our kid (soon to be kids) and will be going to soccer matches throughout Europe. Plus planning to hit up golf courses and pubs. I pretty much don’t have any other things that I want to do in Europe outside of soccer, golf, and beers. Lolzzz.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I *thought* the same thing, but it's been over 30 years since my German classes and I have no idea what the current idioms are or what is acceptable socially in the real world. That, and I can't remember more than a handful of phrases and some basic sentence structure. Unfortunately, when you don't use a language for that long you sure don't retain much.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If their language has gone the way of ours, then it's degraded considerably and they might use "du" when speaking to a foreign dignitary for all I know.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.