[Game] Kings @ Knicks Saturday March, 9 - 9:00 AM PT/12:00 PM ET

gunks

Hall of Famer
Had no idea there was a game on earlier! Haha oh well. Good win?

Edit: checked the box/read a few pages of the thread. ... Drat! I missed a Fox "impact" game!

Looks like he hit some 3s.... no surprise that went hand in hand with him taking way more shots than usual on the way to demolishing DSJ!

I've been telling the Fox is passive crowd.... dude just needs confidence in his shot! Fox is a smart guy, if he isn't hitting from outside, he's going to want to help the team by playing D and being a distributor!

He cares more about winning than stats. I dunno why some people have a problem with that, especially from a PG.... it's gonna be a dead argument in another off season or two anyways when Fox is hitting from outside consistently.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Barnes/BOgi need to be better. With that level of play it won’t be a positive trip, have to get better
I don't think it's totally fair to single out those two. Buddy shot 31.8% overall for the game, and only shot 30.7% from the three. And, he took more shots than Barnes and Bogi combined. Giles shot 18.1% from the floor. It was a team effort and only a couple of players played well. Barnes did pull down 8 rebounds and played very good defense. Personally, I think the entire team was mentally back in Sacramento. They were lucky to win this game. If they play that way in their next game they'll get blown off the floor.

We desperately need to get Bag's back on the floor. The 2nd unit sucks without him.

Had no idea there was a game on earlier! Haha oh well. Good win?

Edit: checked the box/read a few pages of the thread. ... Drat! I missed a Fox "impact" game!

Looks like he hit some 3s.... no surprise that went hand in hand with him taking way more shots than usual on the way to demolishing DSJ!

I've been telling the Fox is passive crowd.... dude just needs confidence in his shot! Fox is a smart guy, if he isn't hitting from outside, he's going to want to help the team by playing D and being a distributor!

He cares more about winning than stats. I dunno why some people have a problem with that, especially from a PG.... it's gonna be a dead argument in another off season or two anyways when Fox is hitting from outside consistently.
Why do I have a question with hot or miss “impact”. “Being a distributor” is a kind way to describe that.

At least he understands his consistency issue though, and admitted as much after the game that he needs to play like that all the time. He understands aggression/consistency is his bugaboo, let’s see him continue to address it

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Is it permitted for the Kings to draft anyone from a school other than Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas? I hope they take off that restriction for the 2nd round this year.
LOL! Personally, I'm not a big Kansas fan, and I don't like players from Syracuse, but I'm fine with Duke and Kentucky. First, both schools are great recruiters, so your looking at some of the top players in the country, and second, I like the systems at both schools. In general, you get to see what the player can do, and what he can't do. So just from a scouting point of view, I usually feel more confident in my judgement about a player coming from one of those schools. I would add North Carolina into that mix as well.

If your looking at a kid from Villanova or Virginia, you know that he'll be able to play defense, and he'll be fundamentally sound. Both schools have great programs, and continue to pump out good players without getting the top recruits. There are others and I could probably write a book on it, but I doubt anyone would read it.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Why do I have a question with hot or miss “impact”. “Being a distributor” is a kind way to describe that.

At least he understands his consistency issue though, and admitted as much after the game that he needs to play like that all the time. He understands aggression/consistency is his bugaboo, let’s see him continue to address it
He will. Fox is smart as hell, he knows what he needs to do.

The shot will come around, and then it's **** up the league time for our guy. I have zero doubts. He went from garbo as a rookie, to 17/7. That's no joke!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He will. Fox is smart as hell, he knows what he needs to do.

The shot will come around, and then it's **** up the league time for our guy. I have zero doubts. He went from garbo as a rookie, to 17/7. That's no joke!
Fox is far and away the smallest worry I have about any player/personnel on this team. His leap from year one —> was great, and there’s zero reason why his skill set would stagnate now.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
LOL! Personally, I'm not a big Kansas fan, and I don't like players from Syracuse, but I'm fine with Duke and Kentucky. First, both schools are great recruiters, so your looking at some of the top players in the country, and second, I like the systems at both schools. In general, you get to see what the player can do, and what he can't do. So just from a scouting point of view, I usually feel more confident in my judgement about a player coming from one of those schools. I would add North Carolina into that mix as well.

If your looking at a kid from Villanova or Virginia, you know that he'll be able to play defense, and he'll be fundamentally sound. Both schools have great programs, and continue to pump out good players without getting the top recruits. There are others and I could probably write a book on it, but I doubt anyone would read it.
If they want to get value in the 2nd round they are going to have to expand their universe from Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, and I forgot, North Carolina. Everyone sees those schools ad nauseam and there aren't going to be overlooked golden nuggets in the second round from those schools, imo. It reminds of certain stocks that are are followed by a zillion analysts and everyone knows everything about those companies. They need to look intensively at "lower tier" schools to find some overlooked elite talent. If I see the Kings draft a 2nd rounder from one of the above schools in the upcoming draft, it's a big fat red flag for me.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's totally fair to single out those two. Buddy shot 31.8% overall for the game, and only shot 30.7% from the three. And, he took more shots than Barnes and Bogi combined. Giles shot 18.1% from the floor. It was a team effort and only a couple of players played well. Barnes did pull down 8 rebounds and played very good defense. Personally, I think the entire team was mentally back in Sacramento. They were lucky to win this game. If they play that way in their next game they'll get blown off the floor.

We desperately need to get Bag's back on the floor. The 2nd unit sucks without him.
I think in retrospect we may all look back at that Bucks game in which Bagley was in the back court pressing the Greek Freek as the decisive moment dashing the Kings' playoff chances.

Last edited:
I think in retrospect we may all look back at that Bucks game in which Bagley was in the back court pressing the Greek Freek as the decisive moment dashing the Kings' playoff chances.
Perhaps. For me the turning point was Joeger’s decision to go heavy minutes with the small ball line-up.

What's worse than Kings fans whining when things are bad?

Kings fans whining when things are good.

If the Kings hopes DO get dashed, it will either be by a future loss to a bad team or a better than expected run by the Spurs. The hopes haven't been dashed yet. They aren't even dashed if we have a 2-2 road trip. It will just be if we fail to reel off 7 when we get back. We certainly have to run the table in the 4 game stand after the road trip... that's for sure. But it doesn't seem so improbable to me

Kings fans racing to see who can be the first to give up smh.