Kings Interested In Trading For Otto Porter

I’d be willing to part with WCS, Labissiere, and/or Jackson. I’d probably prefer sending Willie because it saves us cap space too.

We’d have $31-34 mil in cap space (depending if we waive Ferrell) if we trade Willie for Porter. However, if we trade Jackson or Labissiere (or both) were looking at $21-24 mil in cap space (factoring in Willies cap hold which will be around $14 mil).

So....would you rather have :
  1. Porter, Labissiere, Jackson, and $31-34 mil cap space
  2. Porter, Cauley-Stein, and $21-24 mil cap space
I’m taking the first option pretty easily. Knowing we’d have the following players under contract next season...

PG - Fox / Mason
SG - Hield / Bogdanovic
SF - Porter / Jackson
PF - Bjelica / Giles
C - Bagley / Labissiere

...I dare a max player to sign here ;)

EDIT: even signing a guy like Middleton/Thompson and pushing Porter to our starting PF (his stats seem to indicate that’s his more impactful position) would be a good move. Another unselfish, non-ball dominant player who can score, defend, and stretch the defense even further for Fox and Bagley.

Hield, Bogdanovic, Middleton/Thompson, Porter, & Bjelica would give us 5 excellent 3pt shooters. That’s going to make our offense even harder to stop. Not to mention our defense gets better with the addition of two good wing defenders in Middleton/Thompson and Porter.
I don’t get why anyone even entertains us getting a free agent it’s not happening. Middleton ain’t coming here at all he’s going back to Milwaukee or going to LA

completely unimpressed by the source. any dork blogger reading here or STR could make the same inferences. means nothing.

I'm really psyched if we can parlay Willie Zach and a second rounder or two for a long term solid NBA SF solution. would be soooooo nice.
I would hope the Atlantic would have higher standards and would be vetting tbese reports

I actually don't think the Wiz wants WCS. It doesn't make sense for them to trade for a player who they will need to pay next summer. The Wiz needs cheap contracts to get through next summer.

I actually don't think the Wiz wants WCS. It doesn't make sense for them to trade for a player who they will need to pay next summer. The Wiz needs cheap contracts to get through next summer.
Cause they needs a center, one that is young and athletic is exactly that. They don’t have cap or resources to address it any other way

As I said in the other Porter threat, I freakin’ hate his contract.
2 years for 56 million isn’t that bad

Like their front office drama, the KINGS seemingly can't seem to move on from their love of Otto Porter.
I just don't see it. Never have. He's an ok player. But nothing special, especially for the money.

Before anybody writes a response saying "Porter fills a need and is better than anything the KINGS have at the 3" let me first say I agree. But that doesn't mean they should acquire him. There are lots of SF's out there that apply to that too.

The KINGS aren't playing for a championship this season. There's no need to rush things. I think they should be more focused on finding the right player and not just someone to plug and play. They already tried that with Rudy Gay.

I'd rather wait for FA and see what they can do there. Players around the league are recognizing and acknowledging what the KINGS are building and how they are playing. It's entirely possible to find a good fit for less $$. Or perhaps someone even better than Porter.
The Kings probably won't sign anyone in the offseason that comes close to Otto's talent level. The fact is that we have a HUGE need for a competent SF, and Otto would fill that need. You can't keep going into every offseason with buckets of cash and hope you can sign someone good. Odds are, we will just end up slowly letting all the cap space be spent with smaller signing and resigning of our current players.

The Kings probably won't sign anyone in the offseason that comes close to Otto's talent level. The fact is that we have a HUGE need for a competent SF, and Otto would fill that need. You can't keep going into every offseason with buckets of cash and hope you can sign someone good. Odds are, we will just end up slowly letting all the cap space be spent with smaller signing and resigning of our current players.
Exactly that, people kept saying they rather have cap space but where are the targets? Eve for the second string FA forwards like Harris and Middleton I don’t see why they would want to come here. We may end up offering money to Oubre, Stanley Johnson and Reggie Bullock

Wiz forum doesn't seem interested at all in a straight porter dump. It's not enough salary shed to allow them to sign anyone. BUT if we take on Mahinmi that could get it done.

Kings should do that. No one is coming along who we can better spend that money on. If wiz want to make playoffs this year Bjelica and shump can also be involved in the deal. Would love to see a lottery protected 1st coming back our way to even out the sides after we take on that clunky Ian deal.

I wouldn't be sad to see wcs traded straight up for otto.

We could wrangle Javel McGee away from lakers. Better lob threat and he can board and block better.

Porter will be vastly better in a kings uniform versus the wiz...Beal and wall massive ego are the reason porter plays 3rd cookie. That he does is a testament to him as a team player and just what we want.

I'd be willing to take on mahinmi contract too if we have to beat out anybody. He will be up before we need to pay any of our own guys.
I mean, he’d be the 3rd, 4th or 5th cookie here.

Kings can be in a unique position to land Porter without giving up significant on court value in return and we can absorb his contract unlike most other teams that might serve up more value talent wise but can’t take the hit. Outside of maybe Bradley Beal the best the Wiz can really hope for by nuking their team is relief. The contracts are too obscene.

Porter is an underutilized talent who probably still hasn’t even entered his prime yet. He doesn’t just fill an immediate need he’s actually a pretty good fit for the team. If the Kings could land him without moving Fox, Hield, Bogdan, Bags, and Giles. I’m for it.

We’re not getting a better player than Porter in free agency or atleast the margin is too low to bank on it. These are the type of moves the Kings need to get. It’s the only way they ever got good before. Taking advantage of a desperate Washington Wizards(Aging Mitch for Webber)

Wiz forum doesn't seem interested at all in a straight porter dump. It's not enough salary shed to allow them to sign anyone. BUT if we take on Mahinmi that could get it done.

Kings should do that. No one is coming along who we can better spend that money on. If wiz want to make playoffs this year Bjelica and shump can also be involved in the deal. Would love to see a lottery protected 1st coming back our way to even out the sides after we take on that clunky Ian deal.
That's an awful lot of dead money to take, especially with Porter's contract, which is already bloated.

We are in a position of power to be honest. We are the ONLY team that can make a trade with Washington that takes them out of the Luxury Tax.

I wouldn't take on Mahinmi contract, unless they throw in a 1st rounder in the trade.

Over paying. Kings are in the position on Strength. Wizards need the change more than the Kings and Kings the only team that can take on salary.
Thank you. These dynamics matter, all must be considered. Was making basic assumptions and saying if needed, I would pay that, for our position. You are clearly the Brandon Williams of this situation. :);):cool::p

I mean, he’d be the 3rd, 4th or 5th cookie here.
He could fit nicely as a 2nd/3rd option with Buddy I think. We need a solid staring 5, and all should be solid scorers.

Fox
Buddy
Porter
Belly
Bagley

There's your starting 5 this year. Maybe Giles for Belly at the end. That's solid scoring and solid defense 1-5.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Another thing we could also do is take on Mahinmi for a pick in this deal. I dunno, top 8 protected with lessening protections for the next 2-3 years in the kind of horrid move we use to make when we were desperate for space because of bad signings and horrid drafting.

Not my favorite option at all but it would clear a lot more room for them and make it an easier sell to their fans.

Another thing we could also do is take on Mahinmi for a pick in this deal. I dunno, top 8 protected with lessening protections for the next 2-3 years in the kind of horrid move we use to make when we were desperate for space because of bad signings and horrid drafting.

Not my favorite option at all but it would clear a lot more room for them and make it an easier sell to their fans.
Liked Mahimi, always have. We need interior D. Let's take a flyer on him.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I like hearing this. Otto would make the Kings instantly better. By how much? who knows the Kings have assets to make a trade work especially if the Wiz want to rebuild. I'd offer one of Willie, Skal and maybe they want Yogi, Mason or something along those lines.

For those who keep saying that we are the only team with cap space for them, that's not necessarily true. If they're trading Otto, they're most likely blowing things up and having a fire sale. Porter Jr is not just a salary dump.

Another thing, who are we saving our salary space for? We are still the dysfunctional Kings, no one is lining up to sign with us yet.

I like hearing this. Otto would make the Kings instantly better. By how much? who knows the Kings have assets to make a trade work especially if the Wiz want to rebuild. I'd offer one of Willie, Skal and maybe they want Yogi, Mason or something along those lines.
Wiz won't ask for too much coz we have the leverage. We are the only team that can help them to get under the tax line, and Porter's contract is huge.

I don't know what the trade, if it happens, will end up looking like, but I honestly don't think we need to give much more than expiring contracts.

Sure, the Wiz will want assets in expiring contracts, young players, picks, but does Porter's current production wrt his bloated contract justify that? How many teams in the league are in a position to take on that contract and give some relief to the Wiz, leave alone those who might be willing to do so?

Maybe I'm wrong, and the owners are willing to pay huge amounts in luxury taxes and long term financial health of their franchises, but I doubt Wiz will find lot of suitors. We are the ONLY team that can provide them with immediate relief.

For those who keep saying that we are the only team with cap space for them, that's not necessarily true. If they're trading Otto, they're most likely blowing things up and having a fire sale. Porter Jr is not just a salary dump.

Another thing, who are we saving our salary space for? We are still the dysfunctional Kings, no one is lining up to sign with us yet.
We are the only team that can drastically reduce their cap this year. Trading Porter for Expiring contracts helps next years cap. Saving it for another trade.