Kings in Orlando pre-playing thread

• Thread starter NBC Sports BayArea
  • Start date
The good thing about Bagley is that he shouldn't have to become a 3 point ace or really anything close since he has such an insane first step. He just has to become some sort of threat from outside for some of the reasons you mention. If he can draw out defenders he's going to put some hurt on opposing front lines off the dribble.
I still believe he should just master the mid range shot **** analytics. If he becomes good from mid range it opens up everything, but no everyone needs to shoot 3s

I still believe he should just master the mid range shot **** analytics. If he becomes good from mid range it opens up everything, but no everyone needs to shoot 3s
The mid range worked for CWebb, so you may be on to something. It was a different era but I can still visualize CWebb hitting those shots at an angle just off the top of the key

5 minute mark of full vid; “We’ve been using Harry as point guard.”
Harry is my favorite player but I'm not buying the Kings propaganda machine anymore. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm rooting for him like crazy but we've seen reports on his passing and him being one of the better players in practice numerous times but when he gets out there during games he's rarely one of the better players.

He makes some brilliant plays that show glimpses of what he's capable of but unfortunately they're usually sandwiched in between 10 below average plays. Len and Holmes are both superior players right now but I'm hoping that Giles can start putting it all together soon so he can climb the depth chart and be our unathletic Webber 2.0.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Harry is my favorite player but I'm not buying the Kings propaganda machine anymore. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm rooting for him like crazy but we've seen reports on his passing and him being one of the better players in practice numerous times but when he gets out there during games he's rarely one of the better players.

He makes some brilliant plays that show glimpses of what he's capable of but unfortunately they're usually sandwiched in between 10 below average plays. Len and Holmes are both superior players right now but I'm hoping that Giles can start putting it all together soon so he can climb the depth chart and be our unathletic Webber 2.0.
The issue with Harry is that while he’s got great feel for the game, defensively this year he regressed to being borderline unplayable at times while the two other options at center both randomly were playing like All-Defensive Team players and Bjeli provided elite outside shooting in his spots at the five.

It's hard to put it together when the team has no idea how to use or develop you. Giles hasn't been a consistent part of the rotation for the two years he's been here, save for a stretch in February where he actually played really well. We haven't given him proper time in the G League either. Despite his clearly intriguing skill set and clear need for impact players for the future, we've shown no real desire to actually see what Giles can do.

It's hard to put it together when the team has no idea how to use or develop you. Giles hasn't been a consistent part of the rotation for the two years he's been here, save for a stretch in February where he actually played really well. We haven't given him proper time in the G League either. Despite his clearly intriguing skill set and clear need for impact players for the future, we've shown no real desire to actually see what Giles can do.
The focus has been on trying to get the 8th seed at all costs. Not on growing the talent and buildinga contender. That has worked to the detriment of all the young players on the team, past and present.

the key is can Giles make the 15 ft set shot with consistency. Opponents will often drop off Harry to defend against back door cuts to the basket. If Harry can force them to play him honest, and play good fundamental defense, he becomes a pretty significant weapon.