Kings in Orlando pre-playing thread

• Thread starter NBC Sports BayArea
  • Start date
So James Ham said they have 13 players there now. And two more (between Hield, Len and Parker) on their way. That brings our Orlando roster to 15. And to 16 once the third of the three is cleared. So the 4th person on their traveling group would bring us to 17 if he’s a player. What’s the magic number: 16 or 17 players?
So it turns out they can have 17 players on the roster, INCLUDING two 2-way contract players.
Here’s who we should have on that roster of 15 regular contracts:
Fox, Joseph, Ferrell
Bogdanovic, Hield, Bazemore
Barnes, Brewer, James
Bjelica, Bagley, Parker
Holmes, Giles, Len
And then we have Guy and Jeffries as our 2-way players.
So that’s our 17.
And this evening, Jason Anderson (SacBee) posted the following:
Harrison Barnes is the only Kings player who hasn’t been seen in photos, videos or social media posts from Orlando.

Last edited:
C

ClutchPoints

There’s one big criticism the NBA receives with regards to the upcoming season restart. The NBA could potentially serve as a distraction from the bigger socio-political issues at hand. For his part, Sacramento Kings head coach Luke Walton believes it’s up to the teams to make sure that’s not the case.

Continue reading...

Somebody posted Buddy getting on a private jet....
From Jason Jones’s latest for the Athletic:

Buddy Hield and Jabari Parker, two players who tested positive for COVID-19, arrived in Orlando on Sunday and began the required quarantine and testing to be eventually cleared to join the team. They each need two negative test results in Orlando.

Alex Len and another unnamed member of Sacramento’s traveling party are still not in Orlando after testing positive for COVID-19.
https://theathletic.com/1925041/202...e-four-months-ago/?source=user_shared_article

Keep in mind the practice facility was closed on July 5th. NBA Protocol is:

Protocols also require players who test positive to refrain from exercise training for a period of two weeks from the date of the first positive test or the resolution of viral symptoms, whichever date is later.

So best case if Barnes has no symptoms he is out with no exercise until the 19th. It will be a stretch for him to get back in shape for the 8 game run.

Keep in mind the practice facility was closed on July 5th. NBA Protocol is:
Protocols also require players who test positive to refrain from exercise training for a period of two weeks from the date of the first positive test or the resolution of viral symptoms, whichever date is later.
So best case if Barnes has no symptoms he is out with no exercise until the 19th. It will be a stretch for him to get back in shape for the 8 game run.
“We have enough time,” Walton said.
https://theathletic.com/1925041/202...-get-back-to-where-they-were-four-months-ago/

There’s one big criticism the NBA receives with regards to the upcoming season restart. The NBA could potentially serve as a distraction from the bigger socio-political issues at hand..[/url]
I wish. I think a lot of people need a good distraction right about now. But unfortunately the NBA feels the need to insert politics into their sports entertainment, so we won’t be able to be fully distracted from anything.

I just hope our KINGS are distracted enough to play some good ball.

I wish. I think a lot of people need a good distraction right about now. But unfortunately the NBA feels the need to insert politics into their sports entertainment, so we won’t be able to be fully distracted from anything.

I just hope our KINGS are distracted enough to play some good ball.
Is this in regards to the players being allowed to wear slogans on their uniforms? If so, big whoop. It will allow them to test if they should sell advertising on the uniforms. Personally I couldn't give a rat about corporate NBA than any other corporate entity. They can all go kick rocks.

lol, I guess he was being diplomatic the other day when commenting on comments about the food they were serving in the bubble :)

EDIT: for context, the text of a recent tweet I don't know how to embed: "The Sacramento Kings’ Richaun Holmes during a Zoom session from the bubble today: “I’ve seen complaints about the food, I’ve been good down here. I would just say, thank y’all for the food”"

Last edited:
Is this in regards to the players being allowed to wear slogans on their uniforms? If so, big whoop. It will allow them to test if they should sell advertising on the uniforms. Personally I couldn't give a rat about corporate NBA than any other corporate entity. They can all go kick rocks.
It’s more than just slogans on uniforms. Advertising on unis is lame too. We fans already get subjected to enough BS ads already. They’re visible everywhere throughout arenas and broadcast on TV and radio every few minutes. We don’t need them on the uniforms too. They keep going down this road of cramming things down our throat ad nauseam and they will have a lot more fans telling them to kick rocks. I’m getting close to a tipping point myself. Enough already.

Most fans just want to see sports competition, not agendas and political messages.

How selfish and stupid do you have to be to do that I don’t wanna hear it was an accident smh. Nba should be giving huge fines for leaving campus for any reason

lol, I guess he was being diplomatic the other day when commenting on comments about the food they were serving in the bubble :)

EDIT: for context, the text of a recent tweet I don't know how to embed: "The Sacramento Kings’ Richaun Holmes during a Zoom session from the bubble today: “I’ve seen complaints about the food, I’ve been good down here. I would just say, thank y’all for the food”"
Wondering if they're not allowed to order takeout. It reads as if the delivery guy wasn't able to come into the bubble, so Holmes went out to him.

If so, that's an unfortunate unforced error.

Wondering if they're not allowed to order takeout. It reads as if the delivery guy wasn't able to come into the bubble, so Holmes went out to him.

If so, that's an unfortunate unforced error.
yeah sounds like the food they have in the bubble really is not that good and Holmes ordered some from outside. it was probably very brief and limited contact and he is most likely just fine. its unfortunate.

Apparently they aren’t even allowed to leave their rooms when not practicing, etc, which I didn’t realize. I struggle being stuck in a house, can’t imagine being confined to a room.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sucks but thankfully there’s enough time that he’ll be back at practice before the restart even begins. Also not gonna get too angry about a guy not knowing the many various rules of the new Orlando Bubble.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How selfish and stupid do you have to be to do that I don’t wanna hear it was an accident smh. Nba should be giving huge fines for leaving campus for any reason
This is certainly a take. I mean, every single player in the bubble didn’t have to be there. Being subject to additional quarantine time is punishment enough before fines need to be brought up.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He’s putting the whole season at risk for food when there being fed
The NBA also made a lot of noise about allowing players to supplement the portions of Disney chow with better food of their choosing so there seems to have been a lot of mixed messaging all around. Also I’m more concerned about the dudes trying to bring chicks into the bubble than I am guys riding Postmates.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Apparently they aren’t even allowed to leave their rooms when not practicing, etc, which I didn’t realize. I struggle being stuck in a house, can’t imagine being confined to a room.
I don't think there's a comparison unless you have room service at your house. ;)