Kings @ Hornets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you guys know much about Donte? Is his statline so far one of a kind for him, or is he really somewhat of a good shooter? I knew he's a good scorer, but any details would be appreciated. :cool:

Any of you guys know much about Donte? Is his statline so far one of a kind for him, or is he really somewhat of a good shooter? I knew he's a good scorer, but any details would be appreciated. :cool:
Donte scored 40 pts in at least one game during summer league. At Syracuse University he was known as a gunner with many high scoring games. SU mostly played zone and his defense has always been suspect. What I notice tonight is he may be able to play a little PF and with his quickness and length get a variety of mismatch scoring opportunities.
Seems his defense on Peja has been pretty smothering so far.

He's a great offensive player, but it's been his lack of defense that's kept his playing time fairly short. He gets mixed up a lot on switches and gets confused on who to guard at times, but it's really not a big deal since that kind of stuff is easy to coach.

S

sactownfan

Well hes a great 3pt shooter, problem is that in college he also takes a lot of bad shots... but hes solid when there not bad shots. He also needs to slash more to the basket and or drive to the basket. Hes a great athlete so hes gotta learn to use his height advantage in the paint.

Defense is his biggest weakness.... So hes on the right team for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.