Kings @ Hawks Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miller: 2pts, 2 rebs in 12 minutes.
SAR: 3 pts (1-7 shooting) , 2 rebs, 3 TOs in 16 minutes.
Williams: 4pts (2-2), 4 rebs, in 9 minutes.
wow. williams does so much better with limited playing time. this kid could be much better than KT if we work with him.

gunks

Hall of Famer
In all fairness, Brad tried to play through a flareup of plantar fasciitis. I don't think he should be in the comparison.

;)
Didnt know about that...He has been putting up respectable numbers lately.

Ok...Corliss: good shooting but 1 reb.

There...He's taking Brads place in the comparison :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This game is BY FAR the best thing to happen to us all season. I'm serious. I'm happy inside. We're goin' down!
Wow. Just wow...

Do you have any idea what you're seeing out there? This far surpasses the idea of losing to get a better lottery pick.

That's a team that is NO LONGER a team by any stretch of the imagination. They were listless and uninterested right from the beginning. They don't communicate, they don't play team ball, they don't even look at each other very much. They weren't prepared and they shouldn't have even been allowed to take the court in the 4th quarter out of respect for the game of basketball as a whole. This is a team with REAL problems and one stupid draft pick isn't gonna fix it.

Be very careful what you wish for.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Management might have to to save face and make at least some kind of statement.
Why? It hasn't been management making the mistakes. People wanted change. Well this is what change looks like...

Some of you wanted this team to lose. This is what losing to bad teams feels like. It's not very much fun, is it? And believe me, it used to be like this all the time. The difference was the fan base loved the team. If this kind of stuff continues, those fans will drift away slowly but surely - and the people kicking the major bucks for the season tickets will quickly find something/anything else to spend their money on.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Man...I'm bummed I'm not seeing these bench guys bring us back to within a "respectable" blowout.

I could care less about watching the starters play (sans Martin, but where has he been lately?)

Wow. Just wow...

Do you have any idea what you're seeing out there? This far surpasses the idea of losing to get a better lottery pick.

That's a team that is NO LONGER a team by any stretch of the imagination. They were listless and uninterested right from the beginning. They don't communicate, they don't play team ball, they don't even look at each other very much. They weren't prepared and they shouldn't have even been allowed to take the court in the 4th quarter out of respect for the game of basketball as a whole. This is a team with REAL problems and one stupid draft pick isn't gonna fix it.

been that way for awhile VF...for most of the season, in fact. I wonder if Ron will still say we're gonna make the playoffs...with THIS team?? I have to agree with you that one lottery pick isnt going to fix anything, but who knows...I mean, I dont want to put TOO much faith in GP, but he HAS been here before, and has rebuilt a team in a hurry...albiet with a better crop of FA's to choose from before...it will probably take 2 years to rebuild, but hey, if we can do what Utah did, then I'm all for it...I'll take 2 years of losing to get back to winning.

Wow. Just wow...

Yeah hopefully we make some trades too.

99-76 hawks. looks like the game is finally over. 2 minutes left i think. they may hit 100 and we may hit 80. this is the opposite of what i expected tonight. this is gross.

gunks

Hall of Famer
MORE MINUTES for the group currently on the court! I demand it!!!!

;)
COOOOO-SIGN!!!!

Unfortunately barring a 30 pt blowout I dont think any of these guys are gonna see much time. Unless we all send in a petition to Petrie telling him to tell Muss to play the youth!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I would rather see undrafted players putting forth effort and playing with heart and hustle than see starters just dog it.
And I disagree only with the idea the starters are dogging it. I think they've just lost heart and I can't blame them. It all starts AND ENDS with the leadership. And they're a ship without a rudder in a stormy sea. They have NO definition of who they are or what they're going to do from game to game. And I think it's finally just taking its toll.

You can't keep playing roster roulette like Musselman does and expect your players to buy into your vision. Especially when it seems more and more clear you desperately need the services of one of the advertisers. Musselman's vision for this team is in dire need of Lasix surgery. Or a brain transplant.

Ronnie Price is going to be a great player one day. Douby and Williams too, once they gain confidence.

After this performance, bad by the vets and good by the youth, I want more minutes for these guys. After all, our playoff hopes are done, over, caput.

Status
Not open for further replies.