[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - Saturday, Dec. 21 - 5PT/8ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an identity issue. With Fox and Bagley in, we’ve turned into a tentative team. Barnes and Hield have played awful since they’ve returned. Someone needs to take the lead. Barnes and Cojo stepped up when they were out. Now know ones want to lead this team. Bad situation

Its good that Bogdan is injured. His pounding the ball, selfish play, ill advised shots, not trusting his teammates, bad defense, over dribbling and general ickiness would ruin our offensive and defensive flow.
Ruin the flow? What flow do we have in this game? Bogdan at least is another playmaker for a team the seemingly cannot even make the simplest of plays right now.

But anyway, Fox and Bagley need to get the playing time to get incorporated into the system better (offensively and defensively). They need reps. Either that or we need to change the system to better suit their talents.

Ruin the flow? What flow do we have in this game? Bogdan at least is another playmaker for a team the seemingly cannot even make the simplest of plays right now.
I was being facetious (or more accurately sarcastic). I like Bogdan and tend to defend him against critics in game threads :p (and to those critics its mostly his fault, so hence my childish post)

We have an identity issue. With Fox and Bagley in, we’ve turned into a tentative team. Barnes and Hield have played awful since they’ve returned. Someone needs to take the lead. Barnes and Cojo stepped up when they were out. Now know ones want to lead this team. Bad situation
They've been running a lot of team offense and defensive sets that rely on reading and reacting. I'm not sure they can be that same team with those two because you aren't making the most of their strengths at all, but it should get a little better. They're partially tentative because there is legit confusion. In Waltons half court system when even 1 player is out of sync your whole offense and defense will stall.

Maybe we should run like we did last year. Most teams cant keep up.
I tend to favor a more normal pace because I think that type of relentless pushing the tempo is unsustainable and does not work well when teams buckle up and are ready for it. we need to get good at half court basketball. we can run opportunistically but not as a matter of strategy.

Buddy is basketball dumb. Full stop. We’ll keep losing stupid games like this one as long as he’s on the team.
This statement is true and is a fact that basketball IQ is bad

Bagley isn't even our fifth best player right now.
People still hold weight to where he was drafted instead of how he looks. Our two best players going forward from what I see will be Fox/buddy

I tend to favor a more normal pace because I think that type of relentless pushing the tempo is unsustainable and does not work well when teams buckle up and are ready for it. we need to get good at half court basketball. we can run opportunistically but not as a matter of strategy.
The halfcourt is important particularly in the playoffs. But if our team cannot even make the playoffs we might as well play to our strengths which is using Fox and his speed to control the game.

This statement is true and is a fact that basketball IQ is bad

People still hold weight to where he was drafted instead of how he looks. Our two best players going forward from what I see will be Fox/buddy
Ignoring the whole Luka debate. What do you expect from a #2 pick? Is Bagley delivering? His play is not smart. Nor is Buddys. Fox plays very smart. He will be fine. Not so sure on the other two in terms of long term winning players.

Status
Not open for further replies.