[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Posted similar data before the first Miami game. Part of the reason I shrug off most of "the defense is the same" posts here.

HOWEVER, defensive rebounding was horrible in Miami and yeah that final shot stunk but we gave up way too many second chances after we took that 7 point lead, it was like they got 3 shots on every possession.
Part of the problem with Fox out who rebounds well but more important, I think Brown went small without using Murray.

Part of the problem with Fox out who rebounds well but more important, I think Brown went small without using Murray.
No Fox hurt, especially based on his performance vs. Herro in the first game. Not that he wasn't defended so well he had to travel to get the game winning bucket, but I bet Fox could have got an extra stop or two.

Posted similar data before the first Miami game. Part of the reason I shrug off most of "the defense is the same" posts here.

HOWEVER, defensive rebounding was horrible in Miami and yeah that final shot stunk but we gave up way too many second chances after we took that 7 point lead, it was like they got 3 shots on every possession.
Those 13 rebounds of Fox in the prior Miami game were sorely missed.

This matches the eye test. Hand in the face…but doesn’t matter. Over and over. Makes me feel like there were two ancient burial grounds in Sac and we just moved to the other one.
Hand in the face of a player how many inches taller, or how much quicker though? I'd be interested to see the matchups. The Kings have been running more smaller guard units again this season. Size matters when you are expected to run out to the perimeter and attack spot shooters or if you are defending a bigger shooter 1 on 1 and rather than attacking the dribble you play it straight up and contest. Herro easily got pull up looks over Davion when he was on him.

To be clear the chart is actually not about the contested 3s.
That chart shows our opponents are hitting wide open threes 10% higher than the next team below them. Prior to the first Miami game, teams were hitting open 3s 20% higher than the league average in the 2021-2022 season. By rough guess it looks like it's down to 55% now, while the league average is around 40%. On open looks. We are giving up 5 fewer than the next team over (one of which is only seeing those looks fall at 35%).

This despite the fact the team was giving up the lowest amount of uncontested 3pt attempts in the league which you think would indicate less chances to "get hot".

To be clear the chart is actually not about the contested 3s.
That chart shows our opponents are hitting wide open threes 10% higher than the next team below them. Prior to the first Miami game, teams were hitting open 3s 20% higher than the league average in the 2021-2022 season. By rough guess it looks like it's down to 55% now, while the league average is around 40%. On open looks. We are giving up 5 fewer than the next team over (one of which is only seeing those looks fall at 35%).

This despite the fact the team was giving up the lowest amount of uncontested 3pt attempts in the league which you think would indicate less chances to "get hot".
Could also be reflective of the fact that the shooters we've left wide open happen to some of the best in the league. And I don't think we've had the luxury yet of facing teams with bad 3 point shooters who we can afford to leave wide open.

Hand in the face of a player how many inches taller, or how much quicker though? I'd be interested to see the matchups. The Kings have been running more smaller guard units again this season. Size matters when you are expected to run out to the perimeter and attack spot shooters or if you are defending a bigger shooter 1 on 1 and rather than attacking the dribble you play it straight up and contest. Herro easily got pull up looks over Davion when he was on him.
Valid, and while my gut says it hasn’t overwhelmingly been a size thing so far this season (just dudes on ridiculous heaters), I could be wrong. Would love the data.

Bring back Boogie just for the immense angst it would cause a certain portion of the fan base.
Boogie coming back home to play the enforcer role off the bench and be apart of the Kings first trip to the playoffs.....

Seems like destiny to me.

Unironically, I think he'd be a good fit in the offense. Can at least run some of the same stuff that you do with Sabonis.

Entity

Hall of Famer
there is not one single coach or player that is on the Kings that was here the last time Boogie played for the Kings. Even the GM is different.