[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Anyone else wonder if Davion would benefit from slimming down a bit? Sometimes I wonder if being too jacked is a problem for shooters. A leaner profile might be worth considering.

Anyone else wonder if Davion would benefit from slimming down a bit? Sometimes I wonder if being too jacked is a problem for shooters. A leaner profile might be worth considering.
Trying hard to think of a jacked shooter....no, they all seem pretty slim to me.

Great observation. When I think of a jacked person who could shoot I always think of David Robinson, but even then he wasn't more than a 15ft shooter. Dwight Howard was famously terrible outside of 10 ft. Maybe Davion would benefit from finding a happy medium that still allows him to be an elite defender, a Gary Payton type body maybe.

Trying hard to think of a jacked shooter....no, they all seem pretty slim to me.

Great observation. When I think of a jacked person who could shoot I always think of David Robinson, but even then he wasn't more than a 15ft shooter. Dwight Howard was famously terrible outside of 10 ft. Maybe Davion would benefit from finding a happy medium that still allows him to be an elite defender, a Gary Payton type body maybe.
Desmond Bane makes it work

Buddy probably qualifies but I can’t think of a ton of others.

Davion is build like a running back. His form always looks pretty good and he clearly puts in the work but maybe a bit more yoga and less weights would be worth a try

Buddy probably qualifies but I can’t think of a ton of others.

Davion is build like a running back. His form always looks pretty good and he clearly puts in the work but maybe a bit more yoga and less weights would be worth a try
Davion's build is the primary reason he is as fast and explosive as he is despite his short stature. I think adjusting shooting from the NBA 3 point range will take some time but in the mean time I don't see why he can't keep shooting those mid-range shots. That's his shot.

Davion's build is the primary reason he is as fast and explosive as he is despite his short stature. I think adjusting shooting from the NBA 3 point range will take some time but in the mean time I don't see why he can't keep shooting those mid-range shots. That's his shot.
I’m not suggesting he lose 20 pounds of muscle, I just wonder if that bulk effects his range of motion some.

For us non-subscribers, is it possible to give a brief summary, or is it a violation of rules to request/post summary of paid content (not to mention the effort it takes on your behalf). Apologies if so.
We made some mistakes. E.g., Fox missing a rotation. GS killing us in transition after made baskets. Brown identified them. We played better. In one example, Brown focussed more on Fox than that others as he is more important.

Edit. Maybe mistakes is not the right term. Maybe we have some behaviours?

Can't seem to find it now but I read an article yesterday, which seemed like pure speculation, but it mentioned that the Celtics could potentially be interested in players like TD and Len.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Can't seem to find it now but I read an article yesterday, which seemed like pure speculation, but it mentioned that the Celtics could potentially be interested in players like TD and Len.
Len actually makes some sense for them since Robert Williams is probably missing the year and they have no size.
The issue with a Celtics trade is that they’ve pretty much moved all their tradeable assets already for Brogdan and Derrick White unless they’d be willing to trade us Grant Williams for some reason.

They have to have something we need. TD can play but we have a logjam at SG as well as center. Moving Len allows some time for Queta. I’d welcome his skill set and big body off the bench

They have to have something we need. TD can play but we have a logjam at SG as well as center. Moving Len allows some time for Queta. I’d welcome his skill set and big body off the bench
Yeah I don't care if we send Len out but TD is a player we actually need in order to win and I doubt his value on the trade market is as high as his current value to the Kings.

Len actually makes some sense for them since Robert Williams is probably missing the year and they have no size.
The issue with a Celtics trade is that they’ve pretty much moved all their tradeable assets already for Brogdan and Derrick White unless they’d be willing to trade us Grant Williams for some reason.
The "we don't want to pay Grant Williams" deal is coming

Pile them with all the 2nds they want, Len, TD, whoever.

Wondering if the Kings will naturally be one of the worst teams in the league this year and then use our superior talent to pass all the tanking teams midway through the season to nestle into that familiar 8th-10th spot in the lottery?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Wondering if the Kings will naturally be one of the worst teams in the league this year and then use our superior talent to pass all the tanking teams midway through the season to nestle into that familiar 8th-10th spot in the lottery?
Hell yeah!!! The Kings way babyyyyyyyyy!

I'm legitimately disappointed that 4 games into the season and Mike Brown decided to just throw rotations into chaos. No idea if we win that game or not if he sticks a bit more to what we were doing. But the couple things that I don't understand are:

1.) Holmes is lost. We don't know why, but it is obvious. A simple swap Len for Holmes minutes lets us get a picture of how bad that was.
2.) We went from starting Okpala, to basically not playing him in 2.5 games. Is he not able to come off the bench and play 5-7 minutes of defense a half?
3.) METU - just stop. please.

Right now what would make sense is a rotation of the following of something like this. There is your 240 minutes. Holmes needs to figure his crap out in practice.

Sabonis -34
Murray - 33
Barnes -32
Heurter - 28
Fox - 35

Davion - 16
Monk - 22
TD - 18
Len - 12
KZ - 10

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Len is equally as awful as Holmes is, the only difference being *maybe* Holmes can remember how to play like he did before he swindled the contract out of us.

Just keep playing Holmes.

Len is equally as awful as Holmes is, the only difference being *maybe* Holmes can remember how to play like he did before he swindled the contract out of us.

I’m ready to see Queta and live with his mistakes but he’s full grown and athletic and will only get better while Holmes continues to spiral

Swindled?? That was a team-friendly deal by a loyal player who had other options. His reward is that now he’s getting treated like a guest who overstayed their welcome.

I think the eye injury and (legally debunked) accusations by his ex took a major toll on Holmes, but he has the motor and the competitive will. I hope he finds his way back to his trajectory.