[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

I'm not gonna pretend that HB is an All-Star, much less a superstar. But he's not far below All-Star caliber when you consider the total package - the tremendous versatility on offense AND defense, which means he can fit into just about any lineup and scheme; the uncomplaining professionalism and leadership on AND off the floor; the iron man minutes per game and games/season; the way he takes care of himself, which means he could/should be a quality-team rotation-level contributor for the next 4-5 years, maybe more; the manageable salary...

Whoever the next coaching staff is, I guarantee they'd be delighted to have HB in the mix.

Of course, you listen to trade offers. HB's star is shining brightly right now. But I'm not trading that guy for raw promise alone unless whatever comes back helps position me for a high lottery pick. I'm not remotely impressed with the young guys the Celtics are offering. Of all that the Kings need, a Fox-or-better-level player to complement Fox and Haliburton will be the hardest to land. Absent more insight into Monte's thinking, I'm not trading my highest-value *asset* - other than Foxy/Ty - for anything that doesn't move me closer to landing *that* Third Guy, whatever the pathway.

Last edited:
Oh lordie, lots of Arizona fans wanted Muss instead of Lloyd. I was ambivalent as Lloyd seems like the real deal. But had he made that move and brought on Smart I'd have lost it.

last night, i was listening to the lakers game and john ireland (who is clueless) was talking about drummond being seven feet tall.

he is BIG (280 pounds) but really only 6'10" (according to basketball reference).

this reminded me of the pels games this year when gary gerrold (obviously working from the stats provided to him), referred to ingrahm as 6'7" on both occasions when announcing the starting lineups.

i KNOW he;' a lot taller than that (basketball reference lists him as 6'8") and googling brought this article:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...edly-grown-to-611-and-changed-shooting-stroke

i don't know about 6'11" (although i have heard that before, also 6'10") but he sure isn't 6'7" .

i don't think he is seven feet, but this reminds me of when nate thurmond was still alive and could always be found in the early afternoon, preparing the ribs at "big nates rib joint" on folsom street, working alone and willing to chat.

the bulls had just drafted brad sellers, a legit seven footer but skinny as a rail and announced he would be the new small forward (they didn't have pippen yet).

we went down to ask nate if this would change the game.

nate replied, "it would if he could play, but he can't play"

nate was absolutely correct and that's why he was "nate the great".

with all these guys now coming in the league at 19, i wonder how many of them still have a "growth spurt" in them.

you'd sure love to know that before you draft 'em.

last night, i was listening to the lakers game and john ireland (who is clueless) was talking about drummond being seven feet tall.

he is BIG (280 pounds) but really only 6'10" (according to basketball reference).

this reminded me of the pels games this year when gary gerrold (obviously working from the stats provided to him), referred to ingrahm as 6'7" on both occasions when announcing the starting lineups.

i KNOW he;' a lot taller than that (basketball reference lists him as 6'8") and googling brought this article:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...edly-grown-to-611-and-changed-shooting-stroke

i don't know about 6'11" (although i have heard that before, also 6'10") but he sure isn't 6'7" .

i don't think he is seven feet, but this reminds me of when nate thurmond was still alive and could always be found in the early afternoon, preparing the ribs at "big nates rib joint" on folsom street, working alone and willing to chat.

the bulls had just drafted brad sellers, a legit seven footer but skinny as a rail and announced he would be the new small forward (they didn't have pippen yet).

we went down to ask nate if this would change the game.

nate replied, "it would if he could play, but he can't play"

nate was absolutely correct and that's why he was "nate the great".

with all these guys now coming in the league at 19, i wonder how many of them still have a "growth spurt" in them.

you'd sure love to know that before you draft 'em.
a number of them especially if they are still 18. No way to know for sure but there are clues. Are there feet larger in proportion for their size? Did their family grow late? How much man muscle do they have?

on reason I wanted another late pick is I don’t think Zaire Williams is done growing. I think he could be a mid round steal if he grows and adds man muscle.

On this date in history, nineteen years ago:

Shout out to Rachel Nichols, and The Jump, for jogging my memory. #KingsShouldHaveWon #TheyWereRobbed
Nineteen years ago..........my god.
Couple hours before game 7 my wife and I left newcastle on our way to our friends house for a party and webber and bobby jackson pulled up next to us in webbers bentley. Wife got bobby to roll down the window to tell them she loved them and that they had to bring it home for sacramento. Webber flashed his giant smile and bobby said "cmon, of course....."

I can't believe it was so long ago........

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
It's good to see someone holding them accountable! Keep it coming Carmichael Dave! Kings management needs to wear this one cause that was a franchise crippling decision which apparently came down to their scouting department being utterly clueless and/or lazy. He jumps higher than Willie and Giles? Good grief. Cause comparing an elite prospect to the other bigs on your last place team is really going to help separate the wheat from the chaff.

Didn't we famously bring none of the top 10 prospects in for workouts that year besides Bagley? Sounds like they made up their mind in January and didn't really bother checking on anyone else. You'd think someone who's being paid professionally to scout NBA talent would realize that being tall and athletic is not what makes you a great basketball player. Oh and did I mention how much I hate Duke? Coach K told them Bagley has a work ethic which is second to none? He owes all of us an apology.