[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Whether true or not, the national press and fans see:

Mitchell > Young > Morant > Fox.

Fox has out played Young and Morant each time they've faced off. Mitchell has gotten the better of him most of the games. Until Fox dominates each of them, the perception will remain. Use it as motivation to work on that off the dribble three shot.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Just read a Jason Jones tweet asking Hali what he thought about getting a minutes restriction as a 20 year old. Hali said he wasn’t even aware he had a minutes restriction until the trainer told him after he wasn’t getting subbed back in in his normal rotation.

2 things bother me with this

I mean, I just have a problem with giving a minutes restriction to a healthy 20 year old.....as did Pete Youngman. Sorry, this training staff is effing terrible.

Secondly, where is the pre-game conversation with Hali by Walton or his coaching staff. Both the training staff and the coaching staff need to be better.

Whether true or not, the national press and fans see:

Mitchell > Young > Morant > Fox.

Fox has out played Young and Morant each time they've faced off. Mitchell has gotten the better of him most of the games. Until Fox dominates each of them, the perception will remain. Use it as motivation to work on that off the dribble three shot.
Until we get to the playoffs things wont change. He can dominate them every game we play but we wont get recognized until we win, and we wont be seen as a winning team until we are a perennial playoff team.

Just read a Jason Jones tweet asking Hali what he thought about getting a minutes restriction as a 20 year old. Hali said he wasn’t even aware he had a minutes restriction until the trainer told him after he wasn’t getting subbed back in in his normal rotation.

2 things bother me with this

I mean, I just have a problem with giving a minutes restriction to a healthy 20 year old.....as did Pete Youngman. Sorry, this training staff is effing terrible.

Secondly, where is the pre-game conversation with Hali by Walton or his coaching staff. Both the training staff and the coaching staff need to be better.
I understand your concern being old school and all myself. But after watching Marvin struggle as well as remembering Steph Curry's ankle problems I can understand taking it easy on the young fellas. There has been very little time to get them conditioned. Basically trying to cram 5 months of work into a couple of weeks. These young players have not put their bodies through the grind they are about to see here in this condensed version of the NBA. The Kings are not making the Playoffs most likely anyhow. Why not take to time to allow their bodies to build up to the work load?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think chuck’s guaaaaaaranteee is the kiss of death. But of course after they say we’re good, we face Houston in their home opener and basically at full strength with dmc wall and Gordon back in the lineup :(
Although oddly enough, this team seems to do well against full-sized teams rather than small ball lineups despite having the personnel to run the opposite. Also not quite sure how awesome that Wall/Harden backcourt is going to do defensively against Fox/Hield/Haliburton

Tanking Det plays tanking Hou tomorrow.

Minnesota (who has been worse than us the last 10 games at 1 win 9 losses) plays ATL. What's going on with Minny?

So many injuries to ATL. . .come on (Minny).

Count me among those who think the Kings desperately need better coaching. The Kings not only have some legit talent, they have a number of guys playing WELL, guys worth building around. They definitely need at least one more Fox-level talent, preferably on the front line, to make a real splash. You may need a Batman to Fox's but in guys like Fox, Barnes, Holmes, Haliburton, Metu (and possibly Bagley) a coaching staff has a LOT to work with, IMO.

But we need a new coach, y'all. I can't think of any proven, unemployed head coach who excites me - with the possible exception of Mark Jackson. But is there a lead assistant somewhere you think might have the right stuff?

Just rewatched the comeback against the Bulls in 09. Great win but I feel a whole lot better about our current squad. :cool: Outside of Jon Brockman of course.
No way. That team was honestly more exciting. Sign me up for a Tyrese ROY 20-10 campaign instead of us supposedly trying to win (and then failing miserably) 90% of the time.

No way. That team was honestly more exciting. Sign me up for a Tyrese ROY 20-10 campaign instead of us supposedly trying to win (and then failing miserably) 90% of the time.
we did finish 32 games under .500 that year :cool:
plus we have circled back to our rookie having a chance at the award again only this time our guy makes his teammates better. Tyrese is reason enough to watch for me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
we did finish 32 games under .500 that year :cool:
plus we have circled back to our rookie having a chance at the award again only this time our guy makes his teammates better. Tyrese is reason enough to watch for me.
RekeROY made his teammates better, unfortunately it was the basketball equivalent of trying to polish a turd into a diamond only for it to remain a big stinky turd.

Jer Bear on the Duece and Mo Podcast

just a couple highlights

Jerry on a nickname for Haliburton “haliluyah”

Jerry on what the kings need to become a winning team-“one player better than anyone currently on the roster”

Jerry on whether the Nets trio will work “well I hope it doesn’t”

Jerry on who is on his league pass “Utah and Indiana”

good stuff i love listening to Jerry.