[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

I did see what Holiday fetched. First, that was a massive overpay - basically every single person who saw the trade gasped in disbelief when they saw it. We shouldn't be beholden to other teams' overpays. Second, the Bucks picks being sent are expected to be between like #27 and #30. Building a team out of Harden, Fox, and not a lot of other proven top-line talent isn't exactly a recipe for automatic success, especially when those two would take up almost 70% of the team's salary cap for two straight years (and with Barnes, that's like 85-90% for three players). There's a decent chance a Harden-Fox-Barnes-cheap filler (coached by Walton??) team craters and doesn't make the playoffs, meaning we could be sending lottery picks, not consolation picks in the high 20s. Third, the players we would be sending off in this deal are not exactly equivalent. Bledsoe and Buddy is basically a push - Bledsoe is a bit older and almost as expensive, but a bit better right now. I'd say Buddy is likely to age better, because shooting doesn't go away when the athleticism drops off. But Hill is nothing but salary filler, while Bagley is a young stud, has a decent chance of being an all-star before his current contract is up, and then the Rockets would have extension possibilities and RFA rights on him.

I mean, the Rockets could *ask* that, but there's no way on earth we should give it to them. Or anything close, frankly.
we aren’t discussing it it’s an overpay though. Imo, something like this is what is going to be the price tags for harden...whether we like it or not

Bjelica has started each of his years in Sacramento slimmer and then put on weight as the season went on. you can see it in highlights from games in different part of the season.

Yeah certain people are what they are and obviously Bjelicas conditioning is never an issue anyway he's in shape. I'm interested to see Fox and Haliburton and how they keep their mass on. Fox gradually watched that muscle melt off before.

Bjeli wasting absolutely no time taking Bogi’s old number.
And I loved that during his media time James Ham started off by asking if he went to #8 as some sort of tribute to Bogi.

C'mon Ham, do a quick Google image search and see that he wore 8 whenever he could, including in Minny and with the Serbian national team.

Which is essentially what Bjelica told him. Too funny.

And if the Kings were to trade for Harden (and count me among those that say it shouldn't even be considered) you'd be better off dealing Fox than Buddy. We already saw that the Harden/Westbrook pairing didn't work. Why would Fox be a better compliment?

But the bigger issue is that you'd mortgage the future for a guy who has already shown that he's willing to pout his way out if he's not on a championship team.

How is that gutted Kings roster (with future picks traded away) going to be any better than this year's Rockets?

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
And I loved that during his media time James Ham started off by asking if he went to #8 as some sort of tribute to Bogi.

C'mon Ham, do a quick Google image search and see that he wore 8 whenever he could, including in Minny and with the Serbian national team.

Good ol' James Hack!

Yeah, not to mention - I don't think I ever recall an instance where players were asked this much how things were going to be after a player was traded. It's like every single player that was on the roster from last year gets asked - "how much will you miss Bogi?" What kind of stupid media day question is that?! Also some reporter to Bagley (paraphrasing):
R: What are your thoughts on starting or coming off the bench? Does it concern you? Buddy said that nothing is a given - how do you feel about this?
MB: I'm just coming ready to work, I'm ready to do what I can to help the team
R: So you haven't given it any thought, whether starting or coming off the bench?
MB: I'm coming ready to work, no expectations

With media folks like this it's no wonder Buddy ends up saying stupid things.

Yeah, not to mention - I don't think I ever recall an instance where players were asked this much how things were going to be after a player was traded. It's like every single player that was on the roster from last year gets asked - "how much will you miss Bogi?" What kind of stupid media day question is that?! Also some reporter to Bagley (paraphrasing):
R: What are your thoughts on starting or coming off the bench? Does it concern you? Buddy said that nothing is a given - how do you feel about this?
R: So you haven't given it any thought, whether starting or coming off the bench?

Those same media folks will tell you it doesn't matter if a player is a starter or a bench player.

But yeah, it's easy to see why a player might not be media friendly when they are constantly getting gotcha questions.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

To be fair, it’s all been Ham.