[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

This is over 30 minutes, the first 6 or 7 was the same Vivek life story I’ve heard 9 times. I turned it off. Did the say anything new or of value?
Pro tip - you can always fast forward :)

But to answer your question, nothing interesting about the Kings. In summary, he's learnt that it's important to have everyone on the same page in running a basketball team (Vs in tech where they intentionally want disagreement). They liked McNair because he can bridge different viewpoints. Had his son involved in hiring GM, says his son has a knack for spotting if a person or business will succeed, only brought in for that process and has gone back to managing his fund.

Rest of it is just about politics and sports, usual praise for Adam Silver, thinks games will resume by Christmas. Some light hearted nonsense about Viveks thoughts on foods.

I suppose Dave couldn't just ask him lots of direct Kings-related questions but felt like a wasted interview as far as my interest goes.

This is over 30 minutes, the first 6 or 7 was the same Vivek life story I’ve heard 9 times. I turned it off. Did the say anything new or of value?
Nope and nope. Not Carmichael’s wheelhouse. Of course, they wouldn’t have made Vivek available if it was going to be anything other than softballs, but really no attempt made at asking any interesting questions. “How awesome was it to interview GM candidates with your son? Pretty awesome, right?” was about as close to the edge as we got. But, honestly, if it’s not going to be an interesting interview, just decline the offer. Let Ross do the boring company man stuff—it’s what he’s good at.

I see all of these posts in Hoopshype about draft picks meeting with a lot of NBA Teams

Have the Kings had ANY of the potential draftees come to town?

Have not seen any news about who we have seen or met with? What?

I see all of these posts in Hoopshype about draft picks meeting with a lot of NBA Teams

Have the Kings had ANY of the potential draftees come to town?

Have not seen any news about who we have seen or met with? What?
I wrote the same thing in another thread. I acknowledge its an atypical year and new front office, but yeah, sites are talking about players meeting with other teams but with less than a week from the draft no mention of Sacramento. Maybe I’ll see if the Bee says anything.

I’ve read about a couple meetings. Hampton met with a zoom meeting and nesmith scheduled. I thought I saw a video of bey on the kings fb page too but didn’t watch.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Low key shade from HG? He posted an IG story of him in the gym with “They say Gizzle don’t work out in the off season”

As far as I know it was just Grant and the Kings that claimed he was so badly out of shape to begin last season.

Low key shade from HG? He posted an IG story of him in the gym with “They say Gizzle don’t work out in the off season”

As far as I know it was just Grant and the Kings that claimed he was so badly out of shape to begin last season.
I like HG, this is a contract year, so he has extra motivation.

Harry has a bit of a rep as not a hard worker. Could impact his free agent status.

Harry has a bit of a rep as not a hard worker. Could impact his free agent status.
My interpretation, and I could be wrong, was that he followed Mr. Youngman’s previously established training routine rather than the new training staff, the new training staff pitched a fit, and when Harry picked up an extremely untimely training camp injury Vlade made one of the dumbest decisions in GMing history. Vlade and company then told Grant that Harry had not worked “correctly” or some such, which became “not a hard worker” to Grant’s hockey-tuned ear.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Interviews with Bey, Maxey, Nesmith and Williams about how they fit with the Kings. All are likely available at #12.
Thanks! Sorry, it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine when someone makes a vague comment and I have no idea what they may have been looking at that so interested them. That clarifies it!

(not directed at you) Or people that just post "wow" or something. It's like, what, we are supposed to know what you are "wow-ing" about? ;)

This forum predominantly operates on written communication. Please be clear when doing so, everyone! If you make the effort to post, please make the effort to be clear!

Thanks! Sorry, it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine when someone makes a vague comment and I have no idea what they may have been looking at that so interested them. That clarifies it!

(not directed at you) Or people that just post "wow" or something. It's like, what, we are supposed to know what you are "wow-ing" about? ;)

This forum predominantly operates on written communication. Please be clear when doing so, everyone! If you make the effort to post, please make the effort to be clear!
Wow.
Sorry couldn't resist

SLAB

Hall of Famer
My interpretation, and I could be wrong, was that he followed Mr. Youngman’s previously established training routine rather than the new training staff, the new training staff pitched a fit, and when Harry picked up an extremely untimely training camp injury Vlade made one of the dumbest decisions in GMing history. Vlade and company then told Grant that Harry had not worked “correctly” or some such, which became “not a hard worker” to Grant’s hockey-tuned ear.
That’s how I took it. Not once had we ever heard anything except how hard he works until the start of last season, and now it’s a thing? Lol

Is Harry Giles the current version of Jimmer Fredette?
... I don’t get what that means? Haha

Enlighten us.
As far as I know, the only knock on Harry for his work ethic was about him not being prepared for summer league in 2019 (which could have had something to do with the injury that Harry had at the end of the previous season). So the front office overreacted (in hindsight they pretty much admitted that) and decided to pass on his qualifying offer. Any talk about his work ethic seemed to stem from that, and all we heard was 3rd hand speculation.
if there’s more that is CREDIBLE, I’d like to hear it.

Enlighten us.
As far as I know, the only knock on Harry for his work ethic was about him not being prepared for summer league in 2019 (which could have had something to do with the injury that Harry had at the end of the previous season). So the front office overreacted (in hindsight they pretty much admitted that) and decided to pass on his qualifying offer. Any talk about his work ethic seemed to stem from that, and all we heard was 3rd hand speculation.
if there’s more that is CREDIBLE, I’d like to hear it.
First off I like Harry. IMO he has a role as a Big coming off the bench with the Kings or another NBA team.

That said do you have a link to the "admitted that" part I highlighted in red above? I would like to read that.