[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Never knew that Sasha's team was undefeated in the regular season in the Stoiximan Basket League. Sasha's team was 22-0 (7-1 in playoffs). His Euroleague team was 24-10 which was the best record in the league during the regular season. We're talking about a position battle at center, I think Lyles is going to take most (if not all) of the backup minutes behind Sabonis, because there will not be a lot of minutes behind Barnes, and Murray with Sasha taking most of them. Heck, he might even play some backup SG while having Monk play some backup PG minutes.

We aren't going to have a ton of backup minutes for Skal because most, if not all, of the backup minutes for every position should go to Lyles, Duarte, Monk, and Sasha.

We aren't going to have a ton of backup minutes for Skal because most, if not all, of the backup minutes for every position should go to Lyles, Duarte, Monk, and Sasha.
Wait! What? We signed Skal Labbisiere again? JK

Last edited by a moderator:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't want to make a thread about this for obvious reasons, but I recently got into a discussion elsewhere about whether we pronounce Vivek's name correctly (on account of the other Vivek in the news these days using a different pronunciation). Is it just that Vivek doesn't care if Americans mispronounce his name (something that goes against every interaction with a sports owner or similar high level person I've ever met or had), or does he pronounce it with the -eck sound himself? I looked up a few clips of him when he took ownership of the team but I never heard him say his own name in any of them.

If someone has link to him saying his own name that would be preferred.

I don't want to make a thread about this for obvious reasons, but I recently got into a discussion elsewhere about whether we pronounce Vivek's name correctly (on account of the other Vivek in the news these days using a different pronunciation). Is it just that Vivek doesn't care if Americans mispronounce his name (something that goes against every interaction with a sports owner or similar high level person I've ever met or had), or does he pronounce it with the -eck sound himself? I looked up a few clips of him when he took ownership of the team but I never heard him say his own name in any of them.

If someone has link to him saying his own name that would be preferred.
even if you get the answer straight from the source it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s pronounced “correct”. My last name is Eischeid and growing up my whole family and all of my relatives pronounced it aye-shide even though it’s eye-shide. As far as the correct pronunciation of Vivek I’ve heard the GOP guy go by vi-vake but I heard a native Indian pronounce it Vivik. Most media say Va-vek.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
even if you get the answer straight from the source it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s pronounced “correct”. My last name is Eischeid and growing up my whole family and all of my relatives pronounced it aye-shide even though it’s eye-shide. As far as the correct pronunciation of Vivek I’ve heard the GOP guy go by vi-vake but I heard a native Indian pronounce it Vivik. Most media say Va-vek.
So the actual disagreement was about whether another candidate with an Indian background was deliberately mispronouncing his name, someone else chimed in with "her family is from a different region" which was rebuffed and I happened to be reading this thread and offered up our Vivek and was also shot down with some stupid response about "well Indians just don't care much and won't correct you" so I was honestly curious what if we've all just been saying it wrong. Which would be both funny and sad.

So the actual disagreement was about whether another candidate with an Indian background was deliberately mispronouncing his name, someone else chimed in with "her family is from a different region" which was rebuffed and I happened to be reading this thread and offered up our Vivek and was also shot down with some stupid response about "well Indians just don't care much and won't correct you" so I was honestly curious what if we've all just been saying it wrong. Which would be both funny and sad.
I’m not Indian, but I do have a name that I purposely mispronounce just to make it easy on myself. The reality is that the English tongue just cannot get it right so rather than have it butcher in every way, at least I can pick the butchering.

Well India is a big country with lots of languages. Our Vivek and the other Vivek are from different parts of India and speak completely different languages, not to talk of different pronunciations. The word itself has Sanskrit origins, but will be spoken differently in different parts.

Bottom line, there is no right answer. So, have fun.

Iooked into it a bit. Obviously there's the 16 division games. Then you play 36 in conference games. With either a 3 or 4 game series. Then 30 from the opposing conference. So with few exceptions the west teams all have it a bit harder. You'd really only get a break if your non division, in conference, 3 game series was with whoever you considered the top teams in the west. So then it comes down to who you play out of conference and those don't matter that much for playoff seeding. So in my opinion difficulty of sechdule isnt that important of a stat. It tells you how hard your out of conference schedule is more than anything.