[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Do Sacramentan’s drive as crazy as Chicago drivers? I just had a great weekend in the Windy City but the capt insanos driving made me never want to enter a car again.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Not when he says "the" in front of a freeway number.
People say this about Portlanders.

Well where the hell did I get it from then?
(I could not tell you the names of the interstates in Boston as I only drove for about a year there and I definitely developed that habit long before I lived in SoCal where I also avoided freeways except to travel to other cities)

Entity

Hall of Famer
I was looking over last year again. Kinda weird losing streaks that cost us. We started season 13-10. Then we hit a 9 game losing streak. Then we went 10-5 over the next 15. Then all of sudden BAM another 9 game losing streak.

I was looking over last year again. Kinda weird losing streaks that cost us. We started season 13-10. Then we hit a 9 game losing streak. Then we went 10-5 over the next 15. Then all of sudden BAM another 9 game losing streak.
I felt that our biggest problem last season was depth (primarily in the first half of the season). The Kings were about 6 players deep most night, seven on the nights that Whiteside showed up (about 1 in 4 games). The starters were getting run into the ground which led to poor defense and losing streaks. I don't think it was a coincidence that every time they got 2 or more days off they played better the next several games.

I felt that our biggest problem last season was depth (primarily in the first half of the season). The Kings were about 6 players deep most night, seven on the nights that Whiteside showed up (about 1 in 4 games). The starters were getting run into the ground which led to poor defense and losing streaks. I don't think it was a coincidence that every time they got 2 or more days off they played better the next several games.
To your point: HB, Fox, and Buddy were 4th, 11th, and 20th IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE in mpg last year. 3 guys in the top 20 league-wide. That's absolutely ridiculous, especially given that HB was often bodying bigger guys defensively and DFox plays such a high-energy offensive game.

No, Luke didn't have much help off the bench in the first half - and many on this board wanted to crucify him for playing the one guy (Cojo) who got consistent min off the bench. But he should have avoided that load on those 3 at all costs. Not only will Luke have a deep bench this year, but playing the hi-energy style on both ends they need to play will demand that he use it.

Entity

Hall of Famer
To your point: HB, Fox, and Buddy were 4th, 11th, and 20th IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE in mpg last year. 3 guys in the top 20 league-wide. That's absolutely ridiculous, especially given that HB was often bodying bigger guys defensively and DFox plays such a high-energy offensive game.

No, Luke didn't have much help off the bench in the first half - and many on this board wanted to crucify him for playing the one guy (Cojo) who got consistent min off the bench. But he should have avoided that load on those 3 at all costs. Not only will Luke have a deep bench this year, but playing the hi-energy style on both ends they need to play will demand that he use it.
Yes nice. Just looking back. The 1 point loss to Miami in first half of the season we played 9 people. Hali got 30 min off bench the other 3 were Whiteside, Guy, and Joseph. All playing 15-20 min. Glenn robinson was getting 20 min in some games. So yeah our bench now looks like this.

mitchell
Thompson
Harkless
Davis
Len
Buddy/Hali/Bagley (one of these will be off bench every night).

last year it was
Hali
Joseph
Whiteside
Robinson
Belijcia

walton has zero excuses this season. He’s got a full
Training camp and a legit 10-11 players in his stable. It’s play-in or bust. Even with the play-in it can’t be a barely making it.

There’s one part where Fox mentions DC yelled at him about why he didn’t play too well in the 1st preseason game so he decided to ramp it up in game 2. Looks like DC gonna be one of the guys holding players accountable. We desperately need that cause we’ve also heard Buddy say Fox plays better when angry.