[Game] Kings @ Bucks - Sunday, Nov. 4 - 12:30 PST

Pretty sad that the group that jacked up a lazy and obscene 51 three pointers and counting also got the “aggressor” benefit of the doubt from the officials to 31 free throw attempts.

Refs can’t be discounted for knocking the wind out of the Kings sail with a rush of terrible calls after the Kings went up 14-7
The refs just simply did not allow the Kings to play defense at all in the first half. Anytime they swatted the ball away, they blew the whistle. Anytime Giannis just put his shoulder down and ran into someone, they blew the whistle. On the other side of the court the Bucks were free to be about as handsy as they wanted at defense without fear of fouling. The Kings had what, 3 free throws at halftime?

Not that the Kings would have won or anything but the officiating in the first half and especially the 5 or 6 minutes after that 14-7 start just completely took the Kings out of the game.

The refs just simply did not allow the Kings to play defense at all in the first half. Anytime they swatted the ball away, they blew the whistle. Anytime Giannis just put his shoulder down and ran into someone, they blew the whistle. On the other side of the court the Bucks were free to be about as handsy as they wanted at defense without fear of fouling. The Kings had what, 3 free throws at halftime?

Not that the Kings would have won or anything but the officiating in the first half and especially the 5 or 6 minutes after that 14-7 start just completely took the Kings out of the game.
I notice its a pattern in the league this season. Depending on how the refs call the game, is what dictates who wins the game. It is what it is. The sooner the Kings start to win more often, they’ll get more ref friendly games their way.

At one point late in the game when we were down 25 that was the same points they had on us if you added the made free throws and 3 point made deference.
Our field goal % was almost the same and made field goals were the same.

We do not need any help to lose but something stinks when we are continually called for fouls and it really went bad after we had our run in the early part of the game. Even their commentators mentioned they had not committed any fouls almost threw the first quarter.

Real good way to slow us down by the refs keeping our fast breaking down and forcing us into a half court game.

I really think this game happens from times to time so not too worried about it.

we just have to keep getting better and the treatment from the refs will come around as well. we might not be getting the calls but at some point they might stop giving the other team all the calls. that will be a start. this is a long term battle that will span seasons. As we build our skill, cohesion, and game in general, we will build the "respect" from the refs as well. but yeah, that avalanche of crap calls after our early run completely stopped our momentum.

This is the oldest excuse in sports. Blame the refs. They are part of the game.
When you get thumped by 30 points, it is not the refs, it is your team that is the problem.
And this is the oldest cop out in sports. Poor officiating should not be ignored. Nothing says head in the sand more than pretending officials can’t completely take over a game. Nobody says the refs blew the Kings out by 30 but they were still notably terrible and it’s unlikely they didn’t know how one sided their officiating was when the Kings were bumped, pulled, held and they are waiting to see the outcome of Bucks shots to decide whether or not to blow the whistle

The problems with the Kings performance have been noted. So there’s no reason to excuse terrible officiating.

Last edited:
When you get thumped by 30 points, it is not the refs, it is your team that is the problem.
De’aaron Fox didn’t even get to the free throw line once tonight. A guy that shoots 7 free throws a game didn’t to the line. Willie dang near fouled out before half time. Refs control the game whether you want to accept it or not.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Kings needed to get in the lane and kick out to open shooters more. To often we got there and fumbled the ball away.

Beli had one attempt from 3 and that won’t get it done when he’s shooting 40+%.

That said 3-1 on this road trip was awesome. Milwaukee was a good learning experience.
Beli played like a hot turd so I don't know if that was the solution today

I don't think the focus should be on placing blame on the refs or creating an excuse for the Kings. As you say the refs are part of the game and the focus should be on the Kings figuring out how to do the following two things:

1) have the refs wait to see whether their layups go in and then call a foul if they don't.
2) play "handsy" defense while only being called for 3 fouls midway through second quarter.

if we can learn to do those 2 things we will win more games :)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The main thing the Kings didn't do was have patience. It was too much hero ball. Shump out there shooting guarded 3 pointers was an example; Shump looking off Fox on the fast break and playing pg is another. The Kings just didn't drive and kick like they needed to do, like Boston did against the Bucks. They just drove and shot the ball in the paint for the most part, or settled for guarded outside shots. An impatient young team.

Still, I'm smiling because of Fox and Bagley. Those guys are special. It will just take a little time. Even the Greek Freek didn't play like a superstar in his first couple of years.

Speaking of Fox, I didn't quite understand putting Fox in the corner on offense sometimes unless coach wanted to rest him for some reason. Ironically, even in the corner when he did get the ball he made good things happen.

Bagley is a stud. A ferocious competitive stud. I'm looking forward to his progress during the course of the season.

That was not fun to watch. I think Bogdanovich could have helped settle them down , and look forward to his return.
it really wasn't. Worst game so far. That officiating in the beginning really killed any flow to this game for us. That aside the team just looked done with this road trip and exhausted. Bjelica who's normally a rock even looked totally out of it just losing the ball out of bounds 2x in the 1st quarter.

oh well this is part of being young and this Bucks team is really really good.

Yeah, who likes ball movement, spacing, cutting. Definitely not fun. I guess when you are used to RUN REALLY FAST WOW RUN RUN as your offense, well, watching a team with an elite offense is a shock to the system.
I didn’t say it wasn’t a good strategy....it produced 144 points. I simply don’t enjoy seeing 14 three point attempts from the center position. I love watching Giannis. Everything else, not so much but that’s just me. If you find it a thing of beauty, more power to you.

Not sure Bogdan would’ve turned the tide in any loss, save maybe the Utah game.

Good role player, and he’d certainly be welcome over some of the other wing options, but on any given night a lot of teams could be missing their 3rd (?) best player

Not sure Bogdan would’ve turned the tide in any loss, save maybe the Utah game.

Good role player, and he’d certainly be welcome over some of the other wing options, but on any given night a lot of teams could be missing their 3rd (?) best player
Our best and second best players could not turn the tide in any of those loses either, but I'm not even sure Lebron James could have done it. Lets see if he can turn around the 22 point first quarter hole the Lakers are in vs the Raptors without their best player.

Our best and second best players could not turn the tide in any of those loses either, but I'm not even sure Lebron James could have done it. Lets see if he can turn around the 22 point first quarter hole the Lakers are in vs the Raptors without their best player.
I hope not. The Lakers don’t look good. Hope it blows up. Lebron has aged. Their young players don’t look better.

Hope Kawhi sits against us..

I don't know for the others, I don't blame referees for the loss. However, this season NBA officiating is even more disgusting then usual. I hate star calls, especially shameless bailing out after missed shot.

Don't change the topic of the conversation. You claimed that he scored most of his points in garbage time today, whic is not true.
so I'll say it again. 17 of his 22 were with the Bucks having opened up about a 20pt lead. define "garbage points" however you'd like but the game was out of hand when all of a sudden Justin Jackson was a scoring machine. what exactly is your point btw? that Justin Jackson is a good player? he's not. that he's a good 3pt shooter? at 19% this year. He's not. whats your point?

the real point is that he personally managed to have his best game, in a game that was out of hand early. you wanna talk about him being a good player why don't you start looking at his stats from the other games this season or last year. better yet just try watching the games with your eyes open. he's not a starting level player and not a serious role player at this moment