KINGS Authentic Fan Friday Player Cheer Cards

**UPDATED 02/23/20**

Hey everyone, my wife and I are collecting the player cheer cards they hand out at Authentic Friday home games, and sometimes at non-Friday games.

They've been handing them out at the door going back to at least the 2014-2015 season (that we know of). Typically the cards were just photos of select players on the team. However during the 2017-2018 season they began employing local area artists to illustrate the cards, which makes them much, much cooler.

The cards are released as a "series" of up to 8. Sometimes there are multiple series in a season, as well as one-offs not part of a series.

This season there are two different series. A series of 5, which are current players on the team. and a series of 6, which are retired players from the team.

So far, we have been able to collect the entire collector's series from the 2018-2019 season, 4 of the 5 from this current 2019-2020 season, and 4 of 6 from the Legends series also from this current 2019-2020 season. The last 2 of the Legends series haven't released yet, so we're all up to date there.

However, we are still trying to track down 5 of the 7 cards from the 2017-2018 series and 1 card from this current season. As well as any of the pre-artist era circa 2016-2017 and earlier.

Pictured below are the cards we're currently looking for. If anyone has any of these cards, we'd be willing to trade for any other card(s) of your choosing -- as we have multiple extras of nearly everything we've been able to collect up to this point.

Thanks in advance for reading.

2019-2020-1-of-5-Team.jpg 2017-2018-1-of-7-Hill.jpg 2017-2018-2-of-7-Mason.jpg 2017-2018-3-of-7-Carter.jpg 2017-2018-4-of-7-Bogdanovic.jpg 2017-2018-6-of-7-cauley-stein.jpg

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Doug Christie card I have says "authentic fan" on it. I got it from the Monday game against the Magic. Same thing, right? They handed them out at the door.

The Doug Christie card I have says "authentic fan" on it. I got it from the Monday game against the Magic. Same thing, right? They handed them out at the door.
Yes, ma’am. That’s one of the cards we need.

In the lower right corner, it should say “2019-2020 KINGS LEGENDS SERIES x of 6”.
We have the Vlade card from that series, which is “1 of 6”. IDK what number in the series Christie is.

There’s also a Chris Webber, and I believe Jason Williams. Probably Peja and Bobby J coming soon too.

There‘s also a regular series for current players.

Do you happen to have an extra that‘s in good shape?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes, ma’am. That’s one of the cards we need.

In the lower right corner, it should say “2019-2020 KINGS LEGENDS SERIES x of 6”.
We have the Vlade card from that series, which is “1 of 6”. IDK what number in the series Christie is.

There’s also a Chris Webber, and I believe Jason Williams. Probably Peja and Bobby J coming soon too.

There‘s also a regular series for current players.

Do you happen to have an extra that‘s in good shape?

I'll send you a PM.

Wife and I attended the game last night and scored the new Swipa card, along with a couple others we didn’t already have — such as Chris Webber, Doug Christie, and the sneaker night Jason Williams, Swipa and Bibby montage — thanks to some helpful staff hanging out at the grand entrance (Many thanks to Lee and DiDi!).

We also reached out via email to a couple of the design artists to get a couple of the older ones.

From this current season’s 2019 series of cards, we’re only missing the very first one featuring half the team (see attached image) and 3 of the Legends besides Webber, Divac and Christie which I don’t believe have been released yet.

From 2016 and 2017, we’ve learned there were cards made for former players such as Cousins, Gay, Rondo, Acy, McClemore, Collison, Mason, Temple, and Casspi.

If anyone here has any of these and would like to trade for something else, let me know. We have an extra of most everything we’ve collected thus far.

Theres someone on EBay pedaling some of the cards for $10 plus shipping, but we‘re not going to pay for anything. Give aways or trade only — or I guess we’re SOL. ;)

Thanks in advance to anyone with info or help.

Last edited:
Pictured below are all the cards we've collected so far, just laid out and tiled on the floor. We're eventually going to use them to decorate a wall in our game room. But this will give an idea of what they look like if you've not seen them. One side has the artwork, the other side states "Authentic Fan" with one of the various KINGS logos and colors from over the years.

I've updated the first post in this thread to show some of the cards we're still looking for. If anyone that reads this has a card not pictured in this thread, we'd love to know about it and whether you'd be willing to trade for any of the extra cards we have.

kcc-collage.jpg

Last edited: