[Game] Kings at Timberwolves, 4/5/2021, 4 PM Pacific 7PM Eastern

I’m glad this one was blacked out for me. Ugh.

Going forward, if Davis is not hitting his threes, where does our offense come from on the bench? Since we are all in on “winning” this year we actually need Marvin to get back and give us offensive spark in the second unit.

I haven’t listened to the Gman much but he sounds emotionally exhausted. You have to have a certain personality to call games for a losing franchise for as long as he has. I know it’s just a game but it’s got to take a toll on you.

Outside of Whiteside, who went for 7 & 6 on 3 of 6 shooting, the Kings' reserved scored 9 points and shot 7-22 and 1-10 from 3.

Have to get more production from the bench to win games, even against the cellar dwellers of the NBA.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
This is where we are at.
Losing to bottom-dwellers yet the front office thinks we are a playoff team.

Sure would like to see the team run under a different coach. Becky Hammond.
Mike D'Antoni please. I can only imagine what he would be doing with Haliburton in his system. Heck, Buddy, Fox, Holmes, and Barnes could be quite interesting.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Mike D'Antoni please. I can only imagine what he would be doing with Haliburton in his system. Heck, Buddy, Fox, Holmes, and Barnes could be quite interesting.
I’d rather we get Nate, assuming Atlanta doesn’t lock him up.

Mike D’Antoni would be fun though. Fox and Hali would probably put up obscene numbers! Hell, he’d probably be the guy to save Bagley’s career too. Our defense couldn’t get worse! Haha

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I’d rather we get Nate, assuming Atlanta doesn’t lock him up.

Mike D’Antoni would be fun though. Fox and Hali would probably put up obscene numbers! He’ll, he’d probably be the guy to save Bagley’s career too.
The reason I think Mike D is because his system and ideals are perfect for the team they have now. It should take them out of the bottom dung heap and yeah, blow up some numbers so at least they're building value even if they aren't a true contender. Nate will typically build a system to fit his players but D'Antoni's already fits. He'll get the most out of Fox's speed and make the game easy as pie for him. Oh and D'Antoni can be had I think.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
We have proved these half assed rebuild doesn't work. Thank you Vivek for bring us to the eternal cycle of mediocrity again.
You haven't even started your half assed rebuild until all the remnants of your former GM's worst and final decisions are gone. Keeping on a holdover coach in what is likely his last gig is fighting history tooth and nail. They almost looked like they'd trick the odds but alas, here they sit. And it was Fox doing the fighting. It shouldn't be that way.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The reason I think Mike D is because his system and ideals are perfect for the team they have now. It should take them out of the bottom dung heap and yeah, blow up some numbers so at least they're building value even if they aren't a true contender. Nate will typically build a system to fit his players but D'Antoni's already fits. He'll get the most out of Fox's speed and make the game easy as pie for him. Oh and D'Antoni can be had I think.
Yeah, Nate is my preference, but I’d be happy with D’Antoni for those reasons.

He and Fox would be an awesome fit. Our guy would be a 30ppg scorer haha

As long as Fox is our best player (assuming he doesn't change), we simply aren't going to be a good team. Not a knock on Fox per se - he just doesn't make guys better right now. He's basically playing like Houston Harden a few years back where his usage is ridiculous and he just scores for himself; he racks up assists but doesn't look to set guys up, if that makes sense. He's at his best when he's just going downhill, but in the long run a team isn't going to win when you go for long stretches of multiple possessions without moving the ball around, even if just one guy is scoring. When Fox has a bad scoring game that's it, we're toast. I will caveat this with my belief that Walton isn't a great coach either, and it's no doubt also a function of coaching and scheme, as well as an overall weak supporting roster.

It's kinda like Westbrook. If you want to win games with him as your main guy you probably need him to score 30-40ppg because he isn't going to elevate the rest of the team in other ways.

Now on the flip side, the good thing is that we do have Hali who is more of a prototypical facilitator. The problem is Fox needs to dribble (a lot) to be a dominant scorer; this makes it quite different from other top perimeter guys like Klay/Curry/Dame/CJ/Durant/Booker etc. who can consistently be scoring threats even without the ball in their hands.

Why am I harping on our best player who just scored 30? Cos we just lost to the frikin T'Wolves while getting torched by Russell and I'm sick of all this talk about how Fox and Hali are going to lead us to the playoffs just like that.

I refuse to go that far until he big brains himself into skipping a player the quality of 77.
Why I said barely above. No I don’t think McNair would have passed on Luka. He’s not all time bad.

Hell in the Patheon of Sac GM’s he might be barely bottom 5 but there is lots of room between Vlade, Pete and competent.

I’m paying minimal attention, but with their team I don’t understand why the Wolves have the worst record in the league.
Because Jimmy Butler was right. KAT got no fire in him to win and the organization double-down on the attitude by bringing his friend D'Angelo Russell in. Mentally they are the softest team in the league and it's not even close...

...which is why it is an embarrassment for us tonight.