[Game] Kings at Nuggets, 1/7/2022 6pm PT/9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokic has yet to score on Len 1 on 1 in the half court … yet Kings are doubling and giving up easy weakside dunks instead. Why ?
yeah, i think len and his size has the best chance of guarding jokic 1 on 1. I'd take my chances with him vs doubling and giving up easy buckets. He's too good a passer and will find cutters

Entity

Hall of Famer
I don’t care at this point if it’s for better players. I just don’t want to see these same crappy players again. I would root for any team playing against Harrison Barnes. He is thought of as true professional yet every year he starts out great and when things go down hill for the team he packs it in and just goes through the motions.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I don’t care at this point if it’s for better players. I just don’t want to see these same crappy players again. I would root for any team playing against Harrison Barnes. He is thought of as true professional yet every year he starts out great and when things go down hill for the team he packs it in and just goes through the motions.
Harrison Barnes was one of the best high school ballers I've ever seen but as soon as he got to North Carolina he showed he didn't want to be the guy to put a team on his shoulders and he's never shaken out of that. He's got the skill, body, and athleticism to be a star but not the mindset. And unfortunately I think the same is true for Bagley, at least so far in his career.

And that's also why I'm struggling to understand why so many of you are dead set on trading Fox. He's the only player on our team who has shown that he can put the team on his shoulders and get baskets every time down the floor. A lot of our players have better efficiency stats but they're afraid to shoot and as far as I'm concerned, that counts for a lot.

hrdboild

Staff member
They've cut the lead from 20 to 4 in the time I've been watching. This team is pretty good in stretches. It's frustrating that they can go on these kinds of runs where they look like they have a plan and know how to execute it and then other times it's just total chaos.

Harrison Barnes was one of the best high school ballers I've ever seen but as soon as he got to North Carolina he showed he didn't want to be the guy to put a team on his shoulders and he's never shaken out of that. He's got the skill, body, and athleticism to be a star but not the mindset.
His passivity is very disappointing. I don't get it. No question he could be much better. AND the reluctance to run more offensive sets for him is mind-blowing to me. Shooting 50% from 3 over his last 10 games. And with all this, he's the second-leading scorer on a 45/42/83 line - and 11.4 FGA.

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Jones getting beasted by another legit C. Maybe people will look at Holmes a bit differently now haha. With Denver you have to attack the dribble of every player with the ball. No feeding into pick and roll and dropping off. Just dumb. Make every entry tough.

hrdboild

Staff member
Jokic is so freakin good. He's got all the skills DeMarcus had at his peak. There's just no way to guard a guy that size who can shoot, handle, pass, and has multiple moves and counters around the basket and fantastic touch to finish it off.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
OK, Jones is literally going to cost you the game here Gentry. Bagley once did a pretty good job on Jokic a season or two back. Marvin is a better post defender, SWITCH THE MATCHUP Alvin!

Hey Toronto beat the Jazz with this starting line-up:

Siakim: we drafted Pappa G and Malachi before him
OG Anunoby: we drafted Justin Jackson and Harry Giles before him
S Barnes: we could have easily be 7th if we tried.
Van Vleet: we drafted PappaG, Richardson, Skal and Isaiah Cousins before him
Trent Jr.- Drafted with our pick and sold to Portland and signed by Toronto after they traded Terrance Davis to us.

Toronto. Built on the incompetence of multiple Kings GM’s.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Jokic is so freakin good. He's got all the skills DeMarcus had at his peak. There's just no way to guard a guy that size who can shoot, handle, pass, and has multiple moves and counters around the basket and fantastic touch to finish it off.
And he just happens to have a coach, who knows what to do with a player like that. Isn't that something?

hrdboild

Staff member

Trent Jr.- Drafted with our pick and sold to Portland and signed by Toronto after they traded Terrance Davis to us.

Why did you post this in the game thread?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Shutting Tyrese off like a faucet with those high doubles off pick and roll. Would much rather see Bagley as his outlet than freaking TT.

You realize the Jazz literally had their top 8 rotation guys out tonight right? What does this have to do with anything?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

Hey, earlier this year, the Kings beat the Suns with this starting line-up:

Fox: Phoenix drafted Josh Jackson before him
Haliburton: Phoenix drafted Jalen Smith before him
Harkless: Phoenix drafted Kendall Marshall before him; Phoenix could have signed him in free agency three different times, and did not
H Barnes: Phoenix could have tanked to #7 if they tried; Phoenix could have signed him in free agency two different times, and did not
Holmes: Phoenix had him, and let him get away

Sacramento. Built on the incompetence of multiple Suns GMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.