[Game] Kings at Lakers, Friday Nov 15, 7:30 PM PT/10:30 PM ET

Bad ending for Barnes. He gets fouled by lebron while on defense and gets it called on him. Then on offense he gets fouled again by lebron and possibly fouled by AD and no call...
I’m not surprised anymore by this stuff. Its been happening for decades already. The gotta make sure games aren’t decided by the refs anymore. Blow them out lol.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Counting the days until Bagley comes back.............
For real.

It'll be interesting to see how he fits in with the burgeoning defensive identity this team has, because he's kinda garbo on that end. But Bagley tries, and I think Luke is the man for the job as far as teaching him goes.

His near automatic 20/10 would have come in handy tonight though. We already know Bagley likes going at The Brow.

Shocking that NBA officials are already giving the LA LeBron’s every benefit of the doubt. A no call on the last possession on a clear tripping foul? I’m sure if the roles were reversed & it was LeBron or AD stumbling down the lane we’d have seen the same result. :rolleyes:

And they doubled down by not calling AD for a clear foul at the basket. No chance he was ‘vertical’ as DC stated. He was being nice.

22-9 FT disparity in favor of you know who. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I often wonder why I continue to follow this sport. It’s far and away the worst of the major sports with regard to star treatment and making marquee name players and franchises better than they really are. You can play a good enough game to win 5 on 5, but can’t beat 5 on 8.

I‘m not convinced this LAL team is really as all that great. But given last season‘s disappointment and all the expectations by the National media and the masses this season, the NBA is going to make damn sure they have every opportunity to succeed.

I saw it happen against Dallas a few games back and it happened again tonight against the KINGS.

Shocking that NBA officials are already giving the LA LeBron’s every benefit of the doubt. A no call on the last possession on a clear tripping foul? I’m sure if the roles were reversed & it was LeBron or AD stumbling down the lane we’d have seen the same result. :rolleyes:

And they doubled down by not calling AD for a clear foul at the basket. No chance he was ‘vertical’ as DC stated. He was being nice.

22-9 FT disparity in favor of you know who. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I often wonder why I continue to follow this sport. It’s far and away the worst of the major sports with regard to star treatment and making marquee name players and franchises better than they really are. You can play a good enough game to win 5 on 5, but can’t beat 5 on 8.

I‘m not convinced this LAL team is really as all that great. But given last season‘s disappointment and all the expectations by the National media and the masses this season, the NBA is going to make damn sure they have every opportunity to succeed.

I saw it happen against Dallas a few games back and it happened again tonight against the KINGS.
Apart from the last 2 possession, free throw disparity has something to do with our playing style though. Until Fox and Bagley are back it will probably be like that, we don't have a slasher at the wing. It is good that we shoot the 3 well but we don't have a balanced attack right now.

Apart from the last 2 possession, free throw disparity has something to do with our playing style though. Until Fox and Bagley are back it will probably be like that, we don't have a slasher at the wing. It is good that we shoot the 3 well but we don't have a balanced attack right now.
Partially so. But also partially because the LA LeBron’s benefit more from the whistle (or lack thereof), as evidenced by the final possession. They’d have been shooting 2 shots at the end.

Not upset with Walton but I am curious with a time out why he didn’t go offense defense there and get players like CoJo on the floor for that last defensive possession. I also wonder why no Belicia on the floor that last possession. I would rather have him than Holmes in crunch time on offense.

Great game. Luke has a fantastic game plan. Crowd AD. Force the Lamers into a jump shooting team. Which, they are not. I only fault Walton for putting in Gabriel. LeBron tore him up in the span of 90 seconds.
Team played equally stout D to Los Angeles.
But, you seen this movie before.
Star Power is always going to win the day.
No Calls, more Ft’s.

I may have been wrong about Walton.
Of course, I can change my mind by the end of a
Brutal Nov schedule.

The other surprise is the Kings looked like they paid the wrong SG.
Hield’s BbIq is not very good in tight games. Once again.
If Bogi continues this high level of play. he Will get offered big money to leave Sac.
Sac won’t be able to match it.
With the impending big deals for Fox and Bagley coming up.

Great game. Luke has a fantastic game plan. Crowd AD. Force the Lamers into a jump shooting team. Which, they are not. I only fault Walton for putting in Gabriel. LeBron tore him up in the span of 90 seconds.
Team played equally stout D to Los Angeles.
But, you seen this movie before.
Star Power is always going to win the day.
No Calls, more Ft’s.

I may have been wrong about Walton.
Of course, I can change my mind by the end of a
Brutal Nov schedule.

The other surprise is the Kings looked like they paid the wrong SG.
Hield’s BbIq is not very good in tight games. Once again.
If Bogi continues this high level of play. he Will get offered big money to leave Sac.
Sac won’t be able to match it.
With the impending big deals for Fox and Bagley coming up.
I disagree with a number of things here but let me start with this statement. Gabriel in my opinion stayed if front of LeBron by moving his feet and forced LeBron into tough shots. LeBron made them but he is the King for a reason. I didn’t see Lebron going by him for a poster dunk.

Curious what others think?

Honestly if Buddy can't stop with the idiotic turnovers I would trade him it's just at that point really. Barnes has to step up also offensively he can't allow Bogi/Yogi/Bjelly to be our go to guys.

Holmes was amazing great effort from the team but man Buddies IQ/hands is as bad as it gets. Team fought as hard as possible and nearly pulled it off.

I disagree with a number of things here but let me start with this statement. Gabriel in my opinion stayed if front of LeBron by moving his feet and forced LeBron into tough shots. LeBron made them but he is the King for a reason. I didn’t see Lebron going by him for a poster dunk.

Gabriel is not a NBA player now and we don't need another 4/5 (he's not a 3 nor will ever be) he should be cut and we should sign Alfonzo Mckinnie or a similar type explosive SF. Right now he's a smaller more agile PF Dedmon.

Last edited:
Hield needs to sit at the end of games until he learns how to stop being a total dumb***. Barnes wasn't far behind on the stupidity scale tonight with some horrible decisions near the end. We wouldn't have had a chance to win this game if it weren't for Bogi and Holmes coming up huge down the stretch. Yogi also had a nice game.

The no-call at the end wasn't as bad as people are making out. The "trip" would have been a soft call and the AD block wasn't a clear foul, posting still images doesn't change that. The straight up and down isn't a hard and fast rule. Technically you don't have to go straight up if there's no contact. The whole point of that phrase is that you can't blame the refs for calling it if your arms aren't straight up as they'll often assume there's contact and it's poor technique. That doesn't mean it's automatically a foul, which people seem to be confused about.

We did this to ourselves. Lakers got fortunate but we shot ourselves in the foot with silly TOs and bad decision-making. Overall it was a good team effort and a winnable game.

Gabriel did fine against Lebron. The shots Lebron made over him were tough. I think what happened in those series of plays is that Lebron found motivation in basically saying, how dare you bring out THIS guy to guard me.

Hield needs to sit at the end of games until he learns how to stop being a total dumb***. Barnes wasn't far behind on the stupidity scale tonight with some horrible decisions near the end. We wouldn't have had a chance to win this game if it weren't for Bogi and Holmes coming up huge down the stretch. Yogi also had a nice game.

The no-call at the end wasn't as bad as people are making out. The "trip" would have been a soft call and the AD block wasn't a clear foul, posting still images doesn't change that. The straight up and down isn't a hard and fast rule. Technically you don't have to go straight up if there's no contact. The whole point of that phrase is that you can't blame the refs for calling it if your arms aren't straight up as they'll often assume there's contact and it's poor technique. That doesn't mean it's automatically a foul, which people seem to be confused about.

We did this to ourselves. Lakers got fortunate but we shot ourselves in the foot with silly TOs and bad decision-making. Overall it was a good team effort and a winnable game.
Well Bogi turned the ball over too quite soon after Buddy's dumb inbounds pass, let's not forget that.

What I find strange is how we have Buddy bringing the ball up so often, whether it's with CoJo, Bogi or Yogi in the game. I mean, that wouldn't happen if the coaches weren't ok with it right?