[Game] Kings at Clippers, Saturday Feb. 22, 12:30 PM PT/3:30 PM ET

Sooooooooooo, very interesting.

If we can go 4-1 in this stretch with a W over the Grizzlies, the playoffs all of a sudden become semi-interesting. This 5-game stretch will determine a lot if a run can actually be made.
If the Kings could have even treated water in December, they would be right there. I think the Pelicans or Spurs will catch up to the Grizzlies.

If we can go 4-1 in this stretch with a W over the Grizzlies, the playoffs all of a sudden become semi-interesting. This 5-game stretch will determine a lot if a run can actually be made.
I feel like every time we are in this situation where we have a favorable schedule it's always a hugggggggge disappointment. I hope this time things are different!

It just sucks that i still don’t trust them against the lesser talented squads, and the fact that we need at least 3 other teams to start losing and we need them to lose quite a bit. It’s not just Memphis

Just watched Lens exchange with Harrell. He is a seriously intimidating looking dude which might not be the worst thing for the Kings.
I look forward to him getting more playing time to see about fit. He was after all the 2013 5th pick and might have gone higher if not for injuries, ankles mostly I believe.
Otherwise another good win, we sure have a lot of weapons to throw out there.

It just sucks that i still don’t trust them against the lesser talented squads, and the fact that we need at least 3 other teams to start losing and we need them to lose quite a bit. It’s not just Memphis
Not at all. Right now, 1.5 games separate Us, the Pelicans, Spurs and Blazers. And we still play the Spurs twice, the Blazers once, the Grizzlies once and the Pelicans twice. So if we play well in those crucial games, we'd have a chance if we take care of business during this next 5 game stretch.

Just watched Lens exchange with Harrell. He is a seriously intimidating looking dude which might not be the worst thing for the Kings.
I look forward to him getting more playing time to see about fit. He was after all the 2013 5th pick and might have gone higher if not for injuries, ankles mostly I believe.
Otherwise another good win, we sure have a lot of weapons to throw out there.
Yeah, Len has been a reasonably productive player for like 4 years now. Just never lived up to the hype of being a #5 pick or found a way to break out of being just a good back-up C.

I have liked our trades before the deadline and as long as we seem to get some decent players. What I mean by that is like bazemore and hopefully one of the two players at least work out I find that better than hoarding late second round picks.

I hope len can stick because if he can give us 18 to 20 minutes a night that fills the roll he played tonight I can see a lot of teams that will have problems scoring on some of our lineups.

A very interesting game to watch. I kept waiting for the Clippers to exert their will and take over the game. Leonard did it for awhile by himself. The Kings defense frustrated the Clippers most of the game. Fox and Bazemore were good on D. Len actually came in and clogged up the middle. The guy is a large human. He can rebound and play some defense. He understands the game. Not real agile and not great hands maybe but he brings something the Kings don't have. A great role player. He neutralized Harrell. Harry also played some defense and rebounded. The Kings outrebounded a team for change.

I think Walton gets some credit for this win. He has his guys playing team defense and going after teams. They play hard. The Clippers had a hard time getting untracked. Len gave them fits. Except for Fox the Kings are kind of a no name team. (Buddy was not much of a factor this afternoon.) They are sort of a team of journeymen players that have been around the league and a bunch of young guys. but they are starting to play winning basketball. They have bought into defense again. Len will help their rebounding. It is kind of impressive actually.

Kings offense seems to be improving and gathering consistency. They couldn't beat the Clippers last year at all. The trades mid-season are far better than free agency was - Bazemore especially. Although they may be out of it this season - their competitiveness as of late is something to be hopeful about. If they could squeeze into the playoff race that would salvage the season, even if they dont make it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, Len has been a reasonably productive player for like 4 years now. Just never lived up to the hype of being a #5 pick or found a way to break out of being just a good back-up C.
Yeah. The dude had the misfortune of being picked high in a bad draft, going to the Suns, and continually getting jerked around in the rotation because his team wanted to justify picking Dragan Bender

Bazemore was great for us. Really needed him and GIles stepping up with Buddy/Bogi (for the most part) having a bad game. Fox started off slow but had that stretch in the 3rd where he was really showing a superstar mentality on both ends.
Was interesting listening to Chauncey talk about Fox. At the end of the game, said the numbers might not show all of it, but that he dominated the game as a floor general and keeping downhill pressure on the defense.

Was interesting listening to Chauncey talk about Fox. At the end of the game, said the numbers might not show all of it, but that he dominated the game as a floor general and keeping downhill pressure on the defense.
He’s right. Fox driving to the hoop in the fourth changed the game. The Clips had two team fouls around the 9 minute mark, they were in the penalty around the 6 min mark. It was due to Fox driving, scoring, getting fouled, or dishing to a wide open teammate for 3.

I like the energy. Maybe a run to the 8th spot is possible. As long as Fox is here, the strategy should be to surround him with players who can run with him. Ariza and Dedmon were on old legs, who operated best as trailing bigs/wings. You need a guy who can be an outlet at the rim for Fox on breaks.

Alex Len giving Harrell issues reminds me of just how soft WCS was. Harrell looked like Shaq against WCS. Not so much against a big, who actually plays big.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, the KINGS can beat the Clips with Kawhi or Paul George. Perhaps in April they’ll do so with both? ;)

Another great game off the bench from Baze.

Fox, Bogi, HB and Giles were all good too.

Only 15 min for Buddy. Wow. I’ll bet he’s not happy about that.
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't have a problem with Walton pulling someone for not being able to hit water from the boat. Luke absolutely has to keep his best players of the game on the court as much as possible and if someone isn't performing, try something else - especially if anybody is still serious about trying to play after mid-April.