Kings and free agency - part 2

Im starting to hate the mavs even though I like Cuban. Can't really blame players for not coming here with all the mess.

We are going to need some serious growth from bmac and a really strong bench to make the playoffs this year. Bummer.

So, since this thread has gotten way off track, what are our best options now that option A - Monta Ellis and option B- Wesley Matthews have turned us down?

12M/Yr for Rondo?
16M/Yr for Tobias Harris?
10M/Yr for Lou Williams?
10M/Yr for Stucky?
10M/Yr for Belinelli?

Thoughts?

So, since this thread has gotten way off track, what are our best options now that option A - Monta Ellis and option B- Wesley Matthews have turned us down?

12M/Yr for Rondo?
10M/Yr for Lou Williams?
10M/Yr for Stucky?
10M/Yr for Belinelli?

Thoughts?
No thanks.

So... what is your alternative?

12M/Yr for Rondo?
10M/Yr for Lou Williams?
10M/Yr for Stucky?
10M/Yr for Belinelli?

Thoughts?
I think 10M/Yr for Belinelli is way too much, even in this market- also think we can get Stuckey cheaper...

I would add to the list Kosta Koufos, Cory Joseph and Kyle O'Quinn.

And we stiil can take players (though not really good) in salary dumps from other teams

12M/Yr for Rondo?
10M/Yr for Lou Williams?
10M/Yr for Stucky?
10M/Yr for Belinelli?

Thoughts?
Get Harris and Rondo. Lock Harris into a room and use the time until next season to force him to watch tapes of Draymond Green playing defense.
Than go into the season with Dmc, Gay, Harris, Ben, Rondo, play with space and pace ( :)p ) and hope we can defend good enough to get some wins....

Cousins is going to have an aneurysm. Lou Williams is the biggest chucker in the league.
A lot of guys can chuck up a bunch of shots and hit a low percentage of them. Which is exactly what Lou Williams does.

On a side note, can anyone remind me what Corey Brewer does on the basketball court that's good?

Signign Matthews, if healthy, makes Ben a bencher. Always a good way to strengthen your bench by bumping your old starters back.
That's the best way but the point I was trying to make was that if he's taking up a huge chunk of our cap space, we're not going to be able to fill the PG, PF and C backup spots effectively.

I'll take 3 good player improvements over 1 really good one.

Anyway, it's a moot point now.

At this point we just need bodies that are warm and breathing. I don't think we can get Harris away from Orlando, we should go after Lin, Stuckey, Williams, and Koufos. Switch any of those with Rondo or Jsmoove if you wish.

Well, crap.

Kings still have options, but they are dwindling by the minute.

I'm OK with Tobias Harris, Rodney Stuckey, Jeremy Lin, JaVale McGee, Quincy Acy

I want Beverley, Koufos, Casspi, Rondo,

No Thanks to Lou Williams, Josh Smith, and Derrick Williams

The Kings need to play this perfectly. I'm worried.

Oh it's Smith time again...
He was pretty good in the playoffs and can do everything besides scoring the ball efficiently.
We are getting more and more desperate :confused:

Well, poopoo.

Kings still have options, but they are dwindling by the minute.

I'm OK with Tobias Harris, Rodney Stuckey, Jeremy Lin, JaVale McGee, Quincy Acy

I want Beverley, Koufos, Casspi, Rondo,

No Thanks to Lou Williams, Josh Smith, and Derrick Williams

The Kings need to play this perfectly. I'm worried.
Agreed with one potential exception. Josh Smith. If we can prevent him from taking stupid shots like he did with Houston, he can be a solid role player. Houston's offense is simple. Shoot it, if you can't, drive and lob it to someone or have Harden do a 1-4 flat. Their entire offense is based on chucking. If that's what Karl is going to do, then yes keep Josh Smith away.

This board has gone mad. I'll make this one point about the trade and let it go. Just because I was and am against that philly trade, doesn't mean it's an either or thing or that I want to do nothing.

I said when the trade was done, they should have had their meetings with the players first. If they had made a trade for a player and gave up the pick, that's fine.

But this FO is working under the assumption that offering enough money to a top notch free agent was going to lure them here when there is absolutely no evidence of that. It was an unnecessary risk. It's like taking out a loan to play the super lotto, and then when you lose, saying "at least I tried!" "Couldn't sit back and do nothing. I've been poor for too long!". Now you've got to pay that loan back. Maybe those scratchers will pay off.

Silly.

Agreed with one potential exception. Josh Smith. If we can prevent him from taking stupid shots like he did with Houston, he can be a solid role player. Houston's offense is simple. Shoot it, if you can't, drive and lob it to someone or have Harden do a 1-4 flat. Their entire offense is based on chucking. If that's what Karl is going to do, then yes keep Josh Smith away.
At least with Smith the playmaking from our 4 and 5 spot would be pretty unreal.
But I would be very hesitant if we go after Rondo AND Smith.
Of course our passing would be great and we all would have a blast, cause the offense would be beautiful to watch...well at least until somebody needs to hit a shot :rolleyes:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Still players out there that would help,transform the team. Lou Williams off the bench would be good....depends on the cost. He shoots a low % but gets to the foul line, decent 3 point. I am on board with the Beverly angle. I'm good with Rondo on a1 year deal....he could help if he's right.

Stuckey and Lin are starting to look better to me now. I think the better move could be getting the big contracts from other teams to fill in....Jrue or Gordon orDWill or DLee.....Lawson/Faried. Still good moves that can be made to strengthen the bench and be better than last year.

Chance to form the NBA's bad reputation team - DMC, Smith, Gay, Rondo. All we need to do is ship out Ben for another player with questionable attitude and play this old Joan Jett song everytime the starting 5 is announced.

Still players out there that would help,transform the team. Lou Williams off the bench would be good....depends on the cost. He shoots a low % but gets to the foul line, decent 3 point. I am on board with the Beverly angle. I'm good with Rondo on a1 year deal....he could help if he's right.

Stuckey and Lin are starting to look better to me now. I think the better move could be getting the big contracts from other teams to fill in....Jrue or Gordon orDWill or DLee.....Lawson/Faried. Still good moves that can be made to strengthen the bench and be better than last year.
Yeah I think we'll be ok if we can come away with a few of these guys, just gonna be hard to get them here I think. I think I'd pleased Beverly/Lin, Stuckey and Koufos. Like you said though, if we can do it through absorbing contracts from a team then let's do it. Hopefully we're making calls and getting our names in the hat.

If we get dmc, smith, Gay, and rondo, and make the playoffs PDA will tweet, "I told you so".....

Just kidding and trying to look at the bright side....

So far this has been so depressing.

Hope springs eternal though.

So glad we cleared out all that cap space and a future 1st for this.
We didn't. Our top two targets refused us. So now we have to be smart and not dish out major money for undeserving players. We needed a change I don't understand this way of thinking. We needed to give ourselves a chance now.