Kings and free agency - part 2

My point exactly...

What I'm saying is that the attitude of posters is not going to change cause you complain about it. Just makes you a target. FWIW, I came off more aggressive than I meant.

All I really meant, is that if you don't like homer Kings fans, you're probably in the wrong place. :)

I actually agree with you in some ways, and am quite skeptical of all these moves as well. If you're not a bit skeptical of anything this franchise does, you have not been paying attention.

But the national media just takes the first impression some guy gives, and then everyone just copies it. Over and over again. So you may think you're getting 100 diff analysts giving their take, but you're really getting 1 or 2 rehashed over and over.

How much of the so called national media do you think has done any research about what's going on with the Kings? How many do you think has actually picked up the phone and talked to Vlade, or anyone in the Kings front office? How many sit on their butts in New York or Washington and just do the print version of a retweet. Do you think they really care about the facts? The Kings are great filler right now. I'm very selective as to who I give credibility to. I'll put my money on just about anything that Sam Amick writes, but even he's human. There was a moment when he let his emotions get the best of him.
I am not talking about the Skip Bayless's of the world, I;m talking about writers I respect, one's that can give you in depth analysis of teams not in the spotlight and right long and explained articles and not "the print version of a retweet"- there are such writers, and again you can disagree with them- but they make good points that are worth considering.

With all the prediction's the all seeing national media made about who the Kings were going to sign or what they were going to do, they had no clue about the trade with Philly, and had no idea about the Belinelli signing. So apparently they don't know everything. As for me, if I have a choice of whether to believe the best about someone, or the worse about someone, I'm going to go with the best until I have a good reason not to. In this case, why would I want to believe the worse about my own team. I'm taking Vlade at his word until its proven to be wrong. And the last thing I'm going to do is mock him on this form as some have done.
Again, you should separate the reporting part from the analysis, reporters are in charge of breaking news- but the analysis of this news has nothing to do with breaking the story or knowing before-hand of the move.

I don't think anyone have said that Vlade is lying, or that he is a bad GM- you can criticize a move without criticizing the person.

I guess I look at being a fan differently than most. I see us all as teammates on the same team, with the same goals. If someone falls down, we help him back up. If he makes a mistake, we pat him on the back and tell him to forget about it, we all make mistakes. But we don't kick him when he's down. We don't make fun of him. Or at least I don't. Don't get me wrong. There are bad teammates, and they need to be weeded or culled out. And yes, I realize that there's a difference between being a fan and an actual teammate. But when the whole world is throwing rocks at my team, I'm not going to join them. I'm going to get up and start throwing the rocks back at them.
I appreciate this line of thinking and very much respect it. but just cause we have the same goals doesn't mean we need to agree on how to get there, and this things happen in a team (hell, we just signed Rondo- famously a contrarian to just about everything...).

No-one here tried to kick someone when he's down- or even kick him period, but I think that if a teammate (to borrow the analogy) thinks a move that was made is bad, he should say it- and he shouldn't be than deemed as someone who souldn't be part of the team.

And I get that when there is criticism from the outside, it usually drive people to unite against it- but it doesn't mean you can't raise concerns over it, and sometimes- the criticism have a reason.

I don't even hate this trade, but I don't think we should dismiss those who do...

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yea, I'm sure all other 29 teams were out to get the Kings over Jason Thompson...
You're right; it's way more likely that twenty-nine GMs all agree that a guy who's Top 30 among active PF/C in career rebounds isn't worth anything at all. :rolleyes:

The more likely explanation is that teams that wanted him had nothing to offer in trade, and teams that had the means to make a trade had no use for him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am not talking about the Skip Bayless's of the world, I;m talking about writers I respect, one's that can give you in depth analysis of teams not in the spotlight and right long and explained articles and not "the print version of a retweet"- there are such writers, and again you can disagree with them- but they make good points that are worth considering.

Again, you should separate the reporting part from the analysis, reporters are in charge of breaking news- but the analysis of this news has nothing to do with breaking the story or knowing before-hand of the move.

I don't think anyone have said that Vlade is lying, or that he is a bad GM- you can criticize a move without criticizing the person.

I appreciate this line of thinking and very much respect it. but just cause we have the same goals doesn't mean we need to agree on how to get there, and this things happen in a team (hell, we just signed Rondo- famously a contrarian to just about everything...).

No-one here tried to kick someone when he's down- or even kick him period, but I think that if a teammate (to borrow the analogy) thinks a move that was made is bad, he should say it- and he shouldn't be than deemed as someone who souldn't be part of the team.

And I get that when there is criticism from the outside, it usually drive people to unite against it- but it doesn't mean you can't raise concerns over it, and sometimes- the criticism have a reason.

I don't even hate this trade, but I don't think we should dismiss those who do...
If you had been a Kings fan as long as some of us, I think you'd better understand our animosity towards a lot of these writers you seem to hold in high esteem. It gets very tiring after a while to see your team lambasted in the national press by guys who have never even stepped foot into Arco/Power Balance/Sleep Train... They listen to their sources, even though said sources may not have the true story. They put it out there and it becomes truth. I could give you a dozen examples, but suffice to say for every Scott Howard Cooper or Sam Amick (guys who get it right) there are way too many who don't have a clue but just parrot whatever is getting the most play. The guys at ESPN have been the most notorious for this over the years, so forgive me if I don't automatically give them credence.