Kings acquire Tristan Thompson for Delon Wright

Grade the Trade!

• Total voters

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I hope that's the case Dave, but I'd of thought you could of got something positive for Wright.
Well, this wasn't a "salary dump" because we actually added money. It's possible that Thompson ends up being a piece in another deal, but it's not like we're going to cut him. Either he plays (which is something positive given the roster imbalance prior to the trade), or he's the piece another team wanted in a different deal.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
For all our kvetching about Monte having too many guards, the Hawks now have Trae, Delon, and Sharife Cooper at PG and Bogi, Kevin Huerter, DeAndre Hunter at SG all "clogging" up their rotation.
The way I see it is we'll have 3 guards 2 years from now if all goes well. ATL was just in the ECF, has major money issues, and is stockpiling guard depth while now shipping one big and they have major decisions to make with another.

Delon Wright was one of the better advanced metric players on the team and the best perimeter defender.

Wasn't Thompson one of the worst rim protectors in the game last year? All he does is rebound and that's it.

Just got rid of an above average player for a below average player that "fits" after spending a lottery pick on a player that doesn't fit. If he's not flipped for something better or equal to Wright, then this is a massive blow to McNair's cred.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As it stands, the Kings depth chart is:
Bagley/Tristan/Jones/Queta
Barnes/Metu
James/Woodard/King
Hield/Haliburton/Davis (QO extended)/Ramsey
Fox/Mitchell

Still lacking known wing depth right now but re-signing Moe Harkless probably becoming likely the way things are going.

Of course, there are still probably trades to come.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Tristan/Jones/Queta
Barnes/Metu
James/Woodard/King
Fox/Mitchell

Still lacking known wing depth right now but re-signing Moe Harkless probably becoming likely the way things are going.

Well you left off one name there. :D

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well you left off one name there. :D
Who? I was going off of guys we currently have the rights to/have officially extended offers to. Holmes is, foe all intents and purposes, a FA. I guess I should have technically left Kyle Guy on since he's still technically a two-way guy but he's not in our plans apparently.

For all our kvetching about Monte having too many guards, the Hawks now have Trae, Delon, and Sharife Cooper at PG and Bogi, Kevin Huerter, DeAndre Hunter at SG all "clogging" up their rotation.
Hunter can play that SF/PF though. Bogdan spilled the beans, they know their window is tight because when you depth, especially with lottery picks, it's hard to keep it together.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Who? I was going off of guys we currently have the rights to/have officially extended offers to. Holmes is, foe all intents and purposes, a FA. I guess I should have technically left Kyle Guy on since he's still technically a two-way guy but he's not in our plans apparently.
Marvin is still on the team according to google?
Did I miss something?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Hunter can play that SF/PF though. Bogdan spilled the beans, they know their window is tight because when you depth, especially with lottery picks, it's hard to keep it together.
Yeah, I really liked what the Hawks did with the draft last night but all their young guys are becoming eligible for big extensions at the same time and all their vets are on expensive multi-year contracts so I have no idea what they should do going forward.

Tristan/Jones/Queta
Barnes/Metu
James/Woodard/King
Fox/Mitchell

I think you accidently forgot Bagley in there

sigh*

Don’t like this deal. We traded the best player in whole deal and we got a guy who doesn’t adequately replace Holmes in the event he leaves..and is unlikely to get consistent minutes like Whiteside who was a more impactful defensive player.
why are the picks going to Boston? Lol

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
sigh*

Don’t like this deal. We traded the best player in whole deal and we got a guy who doesn’t adequately replace Holmes in the event he leaves..and is unlikely to get consistent minutes like Whiteside who was a more impactful defensive player.

why are the picks going to Boston? Lol
I love Hassan but Thompson is exponentially more playable than Hassan at this point in their careers.

Bagley!

Delon Wright was one of the better advanced metric players on the team and the best perimeter defender.

Wasn't Thompson one of the worst rim protectors in the game last year? All he does is rebound and that's it.

Just got rid of an above average player for a below average player that "fits" after spending a lottery pick on a player that doesn't fit. If he's not flipped for something better or equal to Wright, then this is a massive blow to McNair's cred.
yeah as a semi Boston fan and Atlanta fan I love this for both of them. Atlanta needs a back up point who can shoot 3’s and play good defense. Wright does that. Boston hated Thompson and wanted to get off his salary and this trade does that.

For the Kings they gave up 2 seconds and took on salary to get Wright and now took on more salary to get a player Boston wanted to dump.

Monte will catch hell until this team starts winning, I’m guessing. Gonna take a lot more than draft night to fix Vlade’s mess
Vlades biggest mess was probably hiring Luke Walton. Still here? Check. Vlade made mistakes in some drafts, over signed in FA which created issues but he cleared up some of his own messes pretty efficiently I'd say. And he brought the team De'Aaron Fox. Thank you big fella!