Kings acquire Tristan Thompson for Delon Wright

Grade the Trade!

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Not really a defensive anchor. He's basically solid. His defensive rating last year was sandwiched somewhere between Holmes and Whiteside last year.
Not really an anchor, no, but a better rebounder than Holmes and probably better bodying bigger centers than Holmes.

Also opens up more playing time for Metu and Queta.

Not really an anchor, no, but a better rebounder than Holmes and probably better bodying bigger centers than Holmes.

Also opens up more playing time for Metu and Queta.
Holmes was a bigger threat offensively and is more athletic though. I think overall he's a for sure downgrade but I guess him on a 1 year rental is safer than overpaying on someone that could become an anchor if they don't start moving up the playoff boards.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I thought he was just a bad contract that Cleveland spent the twilight LBJ years wanting out of. What am I missing aside from apparently Celtics games last year?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Holmes was a bigger threat offensively and is more athletic though. I think overall he's a for sure downgrade but I guess him on a 1 year rental is safer than overpaying on someone that could become an anchor if they don't start moving up the playoff boards.
My biggest concern this offseason was Monte paying Richaun 20 mil a year contract so I guess I can live with this.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I thought he was just a bad contract that Cleveland spent the twilight LBJ years wanting out of. What am I missing aside from apparently Celtics games last year?
He was a bad contract (David Griffin essentially gave him a max for some reason) but he was really solid for them in the second Lebron run as a cleanup hustle guy and solid defender (not a big time anchor type but was semi-switchable at the time)

Nothing, this is a meh safety move. Fairly typical of Montes tenure so far. As long as he's willing to take the air out of this thing by next deadline should things not work out it doesn't really hurt them.

Hmmmm... I'm a big Richaun Holmes fan. And you know one significant reason why? My man hist his free throws - 79% in each of the last two years, higher at clutch time (or so it seems).

TT can board, but can't hit his free throws. Bagley doesn't hit his FTs. Fox doesn't hit enough FTs. Ty doesn't take many FTs and Mitchell is unlikely to (and doesn't shoot them well). Right now, HB is the only projected starter who takes and makes a decent amount of FTs. Subbing TT for Holmes, if that's what it is - a bit concerning in that respect.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
My biggest concern this offseason was Monte paying Richaun a 20 mil per year contract so I guess I can live with this.
I know getting excited about second rounders is dumb but I am excited about Queta considering he won't be buried behind 2-3 more expensive players with a future here. But I still figured we'd bring Holmes back on the early bird.