Kings’ Tyreke Evans Named Western Conference Rookie Of The Month For October/november

K

Kingsguy881

Actually, no, I didn't get you wrong, I got someone else wrong.

I didn't notice who I was replying to. You may consider me trolled 100% successfully. Victory is yours! :D
And for my acceptance speech, I'll crack open this Sierra Nevada.....

A

AriesMar27

Well tyreke Evans and mo Evans are the only former or current kings players in the NBA with the last name Evans that are currently still in the NBA under the age of 30 that are averaging at least 1 point per game.

How low can you go when comparing useless stats?

K

Kingsguy881

Well tyreke Evans and mo Evans are the only former or current kings players in the NBA with the last name Evans that are currently still in the NBA under the age of 30 that are averaging at least 1 point per game.

How low can you go when comparing useless stats?
I think you have just shown us how ridiculous it can get, thanks. ;)

I think AriesMar is just pointing out that the cutoffs used for this statistic are extremly arbitrary. Add a few points and subtract a rebound, and a similar statistic could probably be found for Jennings that excludes Evans.

A

AriesMar27

I think AriesMar is just pointing out that the cutoffs used for this statistic are extremly arbitrary. Add a few points and subtract a rebound, and a similar statistic could probably be found for Jennings that excludes Evans.

Thank you... If only one person gets it then it was worth posting...

You can cut it down to 18/4/4 and you still only get Evans, Jennings, and 10 star or near-star vets.

K

Kingsguy881

But thats not what we are doing. Granted, LBJ scores 10 more points but the other intangible statistics are what you are supposed to pay attention to. Unless of course your point is to discredit Evans and make him seem like he is less of a player than he really is.....which I'm sure no Kings fan would ever try to do, as we want to see them succeed no matter what. Right?

but would probably include a few other people as well.. but thats not really important. its obviously just a ploy by the writer to put evans and lebron's name in the same sentence.. its the world we live in people.. now that is pretty cool i suppose.. i mean we could be sitting where we were last year where no one talked about us or our players whatsoever.. OBVIOUSLY our 20 year old rookie isnt in the same class as one of the most unstoppable players ever in his 7th year.. maybe we could compare tyreke's numbers to lebron's rookie year though? keep in mind that were talking about the best player in the nba:

Tyreke (36.1 min): 18.8 pts, 4.7 ast, 5 reb, 1.33 stl, 3.2 to, 45% fg, 32% 3pt, 79% ft

Lebron (39.5 min): 20.9, 5.9 ast, 5.5 reb, 1.6 stl, 3.5 to, 42% fg, 29 % 3pt, 75% ft

as an aside, to ariesmar: when I first saw you posting on here I thought that you were a poster worthy of respecting. I thought that you were simply someone that wasn't willing to get caught up in all the homer antics that often take place on this board.. but honestly when you fail to give any credit aside from "he has nice numbers" to tyreke you're credibility goes completely out the window. this quotation really makes me scratch my head:
"the best in the western conference with griffin out indefinitely and he who shall remain nameless in spain but to compare his run of the mill numbers to lebrons is just crazy."

that is just insane and as close an opinion can get to being false as is possible in the world of dialogue (in my opinion ;)).

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

But thats not what we are doing. Granted, LBJ scores 10 more points but the other intangible statistics are what you are supposed to pay attention to. Unless of course your point is to discredit Evans and make him seem like he is less of a player than he really is.....which I'm sure no Kings fan would ever try to do, as we want to see them succeed no matter what. Right?
Aren't you doing the opposite by comparing his stats to someone who is averaging 10 more points, 2 more rebounds and 3 more assists. If you add Evans numbers and sergios numbers you would get lebrons numbers.

No one is trying to down play what Evans has done this month, he deserves to be the western conf rookie of the month, he should win it next month as well. But to compare his stats to lebrons as a way of justifying it is wrong and hella flawed logic. I would say the same thing if they had compared Jennings to lebron. It's just hella flawed logic.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Increase it to 20/4/4 and Evans doesn't make the cut but Jennings would.

Quit being an idiot. Really.

I am exercising a little moderator leeway here that nobody else gets, but this is coming dangerously close to trolling right now. I have been trying to create a bubble to let all the Rubio diehards adjust and adapt and come back home to the new reality that we have a major star emerging on our roster without being poked with sticks by baiters, but there comes a point when people are just playing the fool and stirring up crap just for the sake of it.

A

AriesMar27

You can cut it down to 18/4/4 and you still only get Evans, Jennings, and 10 star or near-star vets.
evans at 18/5/5 isnt much better than captain jacks 16/4/4, who puts up run of the mill stats... he isnt breaking any nba rookie records... his stats are good but damn. oj mayo ended last season averaging 18/3.8/3.2... its not that uncommon to see players put up evans numbers.

A

AriesMar27

the crazy part about this whole debate is that evans himself isnt even putting up those numbers... he's at 18.8/5.0/4.7.... so only lebron is putting up at least 18/5/5... which would exclude evans from the argument.

though in the op it was 18/5/4.5... which evans does have but still..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This sounds conspicuously like the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

Regarding this whole "debate," if that's what it is, I see two sides on this: on the one hand, it is silly to make such a statement, even if it is statistically true. I like Evans, and he's the guy I wanted with the fourth pick, and when I saw them first make this statement as the Cache Creek Question of the Game (I'm pretty sure it was against the Nets, may have been the Knicks), I thought, "Come on, seriously?" On the other hand, don't make it out to be more than what it is. I mean, I could factually make the statement that there are only two players in the NBA right now averaging at least 11.5 points, 12.1 rebounds and 1.6 blocks: Joakim Noah and Dwight Howard. Raise your hand if you think that I think that Joakim Noah is as good as Dwight Howard?

As far as this hijack is concerned, if you didn't want Evans here, you should get to still not want Evans here, without being harassed by the proverbial lynch mob. By the same token, it shows a particular lack of understanding of this message board's culture and/or just poor etiquette to come into a praise/rally thread and pee on everyone else's parade.

Last edited:
K

Kingsguy881

"Run of the mill"? :rolleyes:

Lol, thats funny. Tyreke is just 'average'.

I love being a Kings fan, and I love rooting for this team we have currently. They are not the best collection of talent in the league but they play hard and they have some really interesting emerging pieces.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe we can get back to the topic at hand now? I'm very proud of what Tyreke Evans has done so far. Only ONE player a year can be named Rookie of the Month for their first 30 days in the NBA. Congratulations to Tyreke for being this year's player.

:)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Maybe we can get back to the topic at hand now? I'm very proud of what Tyreke Evans has done so far. Only ONE player a year can be named Rookie of the Month for their first 30 days in the NBA. Congratulations to Tyreke for being this year's player.:)
:: stage-whispers to VF21 ::

Actually, there's two of them; one for each conference...

:p

Maybe we can get back to the topic at hand now? I'm very proud of what Tyreke Evans has done so far. Only ONE player a year per conference can be named Rookie of the Month for their first 30 days in the NBA. Congratulations to Tyreke for being this year's player.

:)

Fixed.

K

Kingsguy881

evans at 18/5/5 isnt much better than captain jacks 16/4/4, who puts up run of the mill stats... he isnt breaking any nba rookie records... his stats are good but damn. oj mayo ended last season averaging 18/3.8/3.2... its not that uncommon to see players put up evans numbers.
But those aren't Evans #'s!!!! Dude, seriously. I mean, seriously. Please tell me which of the straws you have grasped that is the largest.....

But those aren't Evans #'s!!!! Dude, seriously. I mean, seriously. Please tell me which of the straws you have grasped that is the largest.....
ya dont forget these numbers

#7 amoung rookies in PER at 16.57 (all but jennings are in the same conference)
tied #8 for turnover average per game amoung all PG at 3.2 (jennings 3.3,flynn3.5)
#42 amoung all PG with 1.48 assist to TO ratio.

Just so you know... every rebound is an extra possession and every assist is either two or three points. So if you want to compare Evans and Jackson, that's a potential extra six points from that ONE rebound and assist. If you want to compare Evans and Mayo, that's a potential NINE points.

Nothing but positive vibes coming from this girl! :)

I've been hearing that people are really starting to talk around the league about our beloved Kings. I am so excited about this team, especially Tyreke!! He's my favorite player...:D

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

Just so you know... every rebound is an extra possession and every assist is either two or three points. So if you want to compare Evans and Jackson, that's a potential extra six points from that ONE rebound and assist. If you want to compare Evans and Mayo, that's a potential NINE points.
Which proves my original point before all of you decided to make this a 3 page arguement. Every rebound is another possession, every assist is another 2 or 3 points. Lebron is averaging 10 more points, almost 3 more rebounds and 3 more assists. Even if all of the other possessions were 2 point baskets lebron would be bringing in an extra 22 points more than Evans. Evans himself doesn't even average 22 points. That's why I thought that the comparisson was so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Tyreke at 20
19pts/5rebs/4.8ast

Kobe at 20
19.9pts/5.3 rebs/3.8ast

Wade at 22(rookie)
16.2pts/4.1rebs/4.5ast

Lebron as rookie
21pts/5.5rebs/5.9ast

Deron Williams at 21
10.8pts/2.4rebs/4.5ast

Chris Paul at 20
16.1pts/5.1rebs/7.8ast

Derrick Rose at 20
16.8pts/3.9rebs/6.3ast

Whether or not you want to discount what Tyreke has done and how much stock you want to put on statistical comparisons is up to you guys. But, Tyreke's stats at 20 are on par or surpass the majority of the top 10 players in the nba today.