KG to the Kings??? (merged)

I'd do this in an instant but Kevin Mchale MUST BE ON DRUGS if he even considers this. Seriously we'd get to trade Brad, Bonzi, and unload Kenny's contract for KG. That would be awesome. If Geoff EVER pulled this off he'd deserve executive of the year. All we'd have to do after this is trade SAR for a center. Kind of funny that Musselman hasn't talked to Brad yet and the Maloofs think we'll be contenders next season...wonder if they got somethin up their sleeve?

I'd do it in a second.

I wouldn't be in too much rush to trade SAR for a center. We have MLE to play with and if we could get someone like Przybilla for the MLE that would give us a pretty good frontline rotation with Przybilla, KG and SAR off the bench.

Then it would mean that we need to get a back up PG and SG along with another back up C via trades

C: Przybilla
PF: KG
SF: Artest
SG: Martin
PG: Bibby

6th: SAR

Having said that, every rumour involving KG is to be taken with a pinch of salt. I'll beleive it when I see it.

As for Muss not getting in contact with Brad, I don't think we can read too much into it. Miller is not your average NBA player. He is a country lad at heart so chances are that he might be somewhere where he can't be reached.

I wouldn't suggest that he is on the trade block just because Muss didn't speak to him yet.

Rumor: Garnett To Sacramento?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/40919/20060614/rumor_garnett_to_sacramento/

DraftExpress.com -
According to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, a Kevin Garnett to Sacramento trade rumor that has been gaining some steam since the conclusion of the NBA pre-draft camp.

This potential trade would send Garnett to Sacramento in return for Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, and a newly signed and traded Bonzi Wells.

edit: looks like DaMan beat me to it http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13269

Last edited:
KingKong said:
C: Przybilla
PF: KG
SF: Artest
SG: Martin
PG: Bibby

6th: SAR

That lineup is scary

Get 'er done Petrie.
The only downside is the depth.

Hypothetically, lets say the deal happens and we get Przybilla for MLE. We still have LLE to play with (I think)

We have really good 6 players but after that there is nothing. We still have Hart, Potapenko, Coliss, Monia.

In other words no real back up PG, no back up SG, and no back up C. We could use LLE on someone like Fanscisco Elston so it gives us a back up C but we still have no one to back up PG, SG and SF (maybe Monia as a SF but thats a major gamble)

But I do like the top 6 though :D

Przybilla and KG are 2 genuine shot blockers. Its a nicely balanced starting 5.

We do have SAR and Garcia, unless ofcourse they're somehow involved in the trade. With the exception of losing KT (who played as a starter anyway), I don't see how different our bench is from last year. I agree it still a weak bench.

Last edited:
This goes under the 2 good to be true scenario. Only problem that I see is that Bonzi would have to agree to the sign and trade deal and go to Minnesota and without Garnett on that roster that team doesn't win more than 35-40 games....if that.

Čarolija said:
The only downside is the depth.
Hypothetically, lets say the deal happens and we get Przybilla for MLE. We still have LLE to play with (I think)
We have really good 6 players but after that there is nothing. We still have Hart, Potapenko, Coliss, Monia.
In other words no real back up PG, no back up SG, and no back up C. We could use LLE on someone like Fanscisco Elston so it gives us a back up C but we still have no one to back up PG, SG and SF (maybe Monia as a SF but thats a major gamble)
But I do like the top 6 though :D
Przybilla and KG are 2 genuine shot blockers. Its a nicely balanced starting 5.
The only thing to do if this happen is to get half-dozen undrafted rookies and veterans who are willing to play for minimum and see if someone pans out: Yemi Nicholson(PF/C), Eric Hicks(power SF/PF, basicly Maxiell without jump-shot) and David Noel(power swingman) just to name a few will likely go undrafted, maybe Matt Barnes or Doug Christie have something to offer.
Actually since Reef played C for some time I think it's better to sign a swingman who is willing to take LLE.
P.S. But I really doubt Minny will be interested in this trade.
P.S. #2 I completely forgot the main reason why this trade won't happen: Petrie doesn't make trades that are being discussed already. Maloofs do though. :)

Last edited:
The lastest rumor said that the trade would also include Bibby. While, in theory, I would give up ANYBODY and ANY combination to get KG, the reality after would STINK. I have wanted Garnett on our team for a long time. Petrie and the Maloofs mustt tread with caution. Remember, KG has not won any more than any player on our team right now. Getting him does not ensure winning. We also have to have the right people around him. I love the thought of Garnett in a Kings unform, but we can't give up too much to get him.
Any trade that involves Bibby must also come with a plan to bring in an equal talent at the PG position. As it is, we still do not even have a back up for him. Can you imagine Hart as our starting PG?

As I said, I want Kevin Garnett, but just trade wisely.

Here's a transcript of the conversation between Kevin McHale and Geoff Petrie:

"Hey Kevin, this is Geoff. How's it going?"
Click
Dialtone
"Kevin??? Kevin????"

I itch with excitement at the thought of getting KG, but as mentioned above Geoff and the Maloofs must tread softly and not fall for a gullible trade that would make us only worse. Problem is our bench besides SAR and maybe Cisco is nonexistent.

If this is actually a viable rumor, my guess is that Bonzi is not included (why would he want to sign with Minnesota) and the real combination being disucssed is Bibby, Miller and KT for KG and someone else, maybe Troy Hudson.

And you know what? I'd still do it. Adios softies, hello big ticket.

Consider this: What if this is the trade that is going to go down because Minnesota is going to hire Adelman.... just a thought... but if you wanted to run the Princeton offense, Brad Miller would be the guy to have at center... and if you are in last place, you probably need a new coach anyways...

Sac.Kings said:
......not fall for a gullible trade....

gullible... gullible... why does that word seem so appropriate to this thread???

I'm pretty sure everyone can refrain from worrying that the Kings will complete an imprudent trade for Garnett.

And I will gladly eat crow by the ladelful if the Kings do end up with KG. No price is too high... but it is fantasyland

When they make me GM of the T Wolves I will trade KG to Chicago for the Bulls 2 pick in this draft and the NY pick for 2007 and, if I can, get Gordon, Deng or Nocioni in the deal. I'll draft a young big like Thomas with the Bulls pick and a SF like Gay or Carney with the Pups pick. T Wolves will suck hard in 2007 giving me likely two high lottery picks, mine and the Knicks, and a shot at Oden, or at worst Noah or Durant. The other high lottery pick I'll for the best PG available.

i would love to make this happen (without giving up bibby, and despite my constant doubt about kg being able to win) but i really dont think twolves do it.. they can get better offers from other clubs

nbrans said:
If this is actually a viable rumor, my guess is that Bonzi is not included (why would he want to sign with Minnesota) and the real combination being disucssed is Bibby, Miller and KT for KG and someone else, maybe Troy Hudson.

And you know what? I'd still do it. Adios softies, hello big ticket.
you're not the only one. I would do it too

not that this helps any but a friend of my mothers was playing golf the other day and over heard matt barnes talking about this exact trade. my mom definately doesnt pop into realgm.com ever and when she can mention all of the players involved in the trade, i can beleive that its a legitimate rumor... but still just a rumor

i brought this trade up during the spurs series.

i think my trade differed mike bibby ilo bonzi and add hudson with garnett. i justified it by the strength at pg in this years draft.

No chance. The Bulls won't offer a shot to get Oden, but they might offer the #2, Deng, and maybe something on top of that. If you're the T-Wolves would you rather have young building blocks or three 29-30 year olds who got the 8th seed in the West (But only with Artest and Bibby).

Who knows though, maybe they want veteran guys to build around Ricky Davis. Maybe the Miller/KT etc. deal is close, but we're also adding in two more first round picks....that would actually be somewhat plausible to me.

Bringing in KG would really complement the new beginning the Maloof's and hopefully Petrie are engineering. I'd trade any and all for him with the exception of Bibby and Artest.