Kenny Thomas?

Lots of talk about Skinner and rightly so, but what about Kenny Thomas? I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a bit more time, considering how well he's played when in there. He may be a liability against big PF's but he's also quicker than them and could supply some offense when Bibby and Peja aren't on. He also grabs boards, which doesn't hurt!

I think that Kenny is a good player, but he doesn't have the upside that Darius has. Remember that this is only Darius' second year and the difference b/w him and kenny is marginal. I say stick with Darius and reap the benefits!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
skenny said:
I think that Kenny is a good player, but he doesn't have the upside that Darius has. Remember that this is only Darius' second year and the difference b/w him and kenny is marginal. I say stick with Darius and reap the benefits!
I am often mystified about what this magical upside is supsosed to be on Darius. Think his actual value to us is actually because he's already pretty much fully developed. And not sure where there the real upward potential is for him.

Bricklayer said:
I am often mystified about what this magical upside is supsosed to be on Darius. Think his actual value to us is actually because he's already pretty much fully developed. And not sure where there the real upward potential is for him.
Yup...me either I love Darius for his effort and he is solid, but from first impressions I think Kenny is more athletic, a better rebounder, tougher, and roughly the same as a shooter. Darius seems to always be in foul trouble too. He has the option on his contract next year. Anyone hear if he plans on taking in or testing the market? I bet he would at under 2 million this year.

I'd wouldn't mind seeing the PF and C playing time split by Miller, Skinner, and Thomas with Miller getting 35-40 and thomas/skinner getting 25-30 each. That would give us an interesting 10-15 minutes a night with Miller at PF and Skinner at center. Now we just need another servicable big guy to cover for injuries or foul trouble. Tag?

I think if Thomas does not start tonight he will probably start the remaining games. Adelman more or less said that in his last press conference.

Thomas is the better player and should eventually start, which makes Darius a better player because now he doesn't pick up so many fouls trying to stick with the other team's starting power forward as much.