Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny Thomas can play. Nice jumper, blew past CWebb a few times to the basket.

We know Corliss can give us an inside presence, and Brian Skinner contributed some nice blocks in the first half. Did we actually lead in rebounding at one time?

Wow looking at the box score 2/3 we traded for were in the top 5 scorers for the Sacramento Kings! Plus I looked at efficiency and C. Williamson was #2 for both teams!

I hope they can keep up the great work!! This may be a good trade we made!:) :)

Kenny Thomas is surprisingly mobile and active... guess I'm just used to our one-legged PF. He makes up for his lack of size with agility. Nice jumper, but good to see it's not his first option. Is hurt on defense by his size.

We all know what Corliss does. Had a field day against Korver down low. Nice to see he's making free throws now. No noticable dropoff from age yet.

Skinner was a nice surprise, blocking shots at only 6'9". Looks like he's in front of Tag. Poor Greg... you'll get your shot againt Shaq and Bradley.
~~

Alacron said:
Kenny Thomas is surprisingly mobile and active... guess I'm just used to our one-legged PF. He makes up for his lack of size with agility. Nice jumper, but good to see it's not his first option. Is hurt on defense by his size.

We all know what Corliss does. Had a field day against Korver down low. Nice to see he's making free throws now. No noticable dropoff from age yet.

Skinner was a nice surprise, blocking shots at only 6'9". Looks like he's in front of Tag. Poor Greg... you'll get your shot againt Shaq and Bradley.
~~
Skinner is long and athletic so his 6'9" is not as big as a factor.

PixelPusher said:
Skinner is a MAJOR upgrade to Greg Osterfat.
It's a big plus that he can actually move his feet and jump to use those shot-blocking skills.

Hopefully he keeps getting minutes and cleaning up messes at the rim and earns the minutes that Ostertag was supposed to get to keep Miller fresh.

SacTownKid said:
Skinner is long and athletic so his 6'9" is not as big as a factor.
He's as tall as Ben Wallace :p. And he seems to be doing pretty well. Skinner is athletic and has pretty good timing off his leap, that's how he blocks. He gets blocks in a way like Kirilenko does, he times his leaps, flies in at the right moment, and swats it away.

Caesar Rex said:
He's as tall as Ben Wallace :p. And he seems to be doing pretty well. Skinner is athletic and has pretty good timing off his leap, that's how he blocks. He gets blocks in a way like Kirilenko does, he times his leaps, flies in at the right moment, and swats it away.
Yeah that second block on Iverson, great timing, I didn't think there was any way he was getting to that.
~~

P

PejaFor3

Corliss, Thomas, and Skinner (my first post)

I agree with most of you when it comes to being upset Webber is gone. But I'm also the first to say that I'm happy about the trade. Not happy Webber is gone, but happy we have some players who are tough. The day the trade was made people were calling Corliss "Scoreless" and poking fun at the new players all because Webber was traded. Since the trade even before either of the new 3 touched the ball or even practiced I had a feeling this would turn out to be something great. After watching last nights game it reminded me of the Jon Berry days when our bench was known around the league as the ever feared "Bench Mob". With Peja and Bobby back I think we'll have that same team chemistry. Flame if you want, I think we made a good deal. Most of you are so caught up in hype about Webber being gone that you're not focusing on what Thomas and Corliss bring to the team. Knock knock, did you guys see them last night? Thomas taking advantage of everyone on Phili? Corliss posting up and crashing the boards. This brings a whole new game to Sacramento and I just wanted to say on my first post here that I'm definitely (sp?) more than pleased to say welcome back to Sacramento Corliss. Big Nasty! It's great to have you back. And for Thomas, let's getter' done!

I still love you Webber.
Like Terrell Owens I'll follow you regardless if you're on my team or not.

Mike Bibby
Erik Daniels*
Maurice Evans
Eddie House
Bobby Jackson
Kevin Martin
Brad Miller
Cuttino Mobley
Greg Ostertag
Brian Skinner
Darius Songaila
Peja Stojakovic
Kenny Thomas
Corliss Williamson

with bobby and peja back, look down at our bench!

depth chart time

MaNiac42 said:
Mike Bibby
Erik Daniels*
Maurice Evans
Eddie House
Bobby Jackson
Kevin Martin
Brad Miller
Cuttino Mobley
Greg Ostertag
Brian Skinner
Darius Songaila
Peja Stojakovic
Kenny Thomas
Corliss Williamson

with bobby and peja back, look down at our bench!
Depth Chart:
PG - Mike Bibby, Bobby Jackson
SG - Cuttino Mobley, Eddie House, Kevin Martin
SF - Peja Stojakovic, Corliss Williamson, Maurice Evans
PF - Kenny Thomas/Darius Songaila, Brian Skinner
C - Brad Miller, Greg Ostertag
Benchwarmer - Erik Daniels* (sadly)

Wow...thats 13 quality players...

I love it! If this thing pans out (and we all have to agree there is definitly a chance!), I'm going to love watching Charles B and crew on TNT have to say some nice things about the kings!!!! Its going to kill 'em!! He he he he!!!!!

kingsfan1950 said:
I love it! If this thing pans out (and we all have to agree there is definitly a chance!), I'm going to love watching Charles B and crew on TNT have to say some nice things about the kings!!!! Its going to kill 'em!! He he he he!!!!!
They are not going to say anything different then they aleady are. We are a low seed in the playoffs.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
acisking said:
yea the only thing that'll shut 'em up is if the Kings can get to at least the second round
Actually I think they thought we could do that -- I'm not sure they are that far off on this one. We can win a round, we just can't win the whole thing. Given everything that has gone on, that's ok this time round.

Last edited:
We have all heard the saying, "Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts". I really believe this will be the case here and we will get to the second round, in all truth it really is too early to tell....

Status
Not open for further replies.